It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Air Algerie loses contact with plane

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

Believe what ever you want to believe...

Personally speaking this is a poor excuse for what is really going on here.

Korg.

I'm not sure what to believe with all the weirdness going on lately. It was flying over Mali, not exactly friendly skies. The French have been launching air strikes against Mali jihadists and there were between 50 to 80 (depending on the source) French nationals on the plane. The Mali airforce has old MIG-17 and MIG-21 that could possibly reach AH5017 if still operational. It could also be a bomb.

BUT, right now, weather seems to be a factor. I hope the black boxes will tell us.

RIP AH5017.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Think this is an interesting article even though it's from the telegraph about the 13 planes which disappeared over Europe for around 25 minutes.

Claims of hacking and NATO running electrical warfare exercises.

Everything needed for a much larger conspiracy theory.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Lets not forget what Assad said recently:

Syrian President Bashar al Assad warned: "Soon we will see Arab, regional and western countries paying a high price for supporting terror."

Well, there have been many Europeans on these Flights which have gone down of late...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Unbelievable third plane this week .. what the hell is going on ? Is it world plane crash week or something.. Or is this some kind Of harbinger of what's coming..?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Another dissappearing plane?Kind of weird.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I found something interesting betwen this accident and Malaysian flight accident. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not. Just look how many times, number 17 appears : Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crashed on 17th July and the plane was 17 years old. The first time this plane flew, was July 17th. AH5017 plane, another 17 number in it, appearanty took of at 1.17am local time, another 17. Looks very interesting to me. Maybe its pointing at something.
edit on 7 by MlekoFromKorea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well the plane has crashed now www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This is some extremely weird coiensidences with all these planes, I have never seen so many air disaster in such a short period of time, and my mom is flying today, I really dont want to even think like that, but its in the back of my mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It's a big big ocean. We probably won't find the wreck. If we do it will be a stroke of luck. This one they will find right away and the one that was shot down, well no mystery there. Someone made a boo boo. Still there is no conspiracy here. You guys see conspiracy if Duncan Doughnuts runs out of raspberry jelly filled. y reply to: Agartha

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
It's a big big ocean. We probably won't find the wreck. If we do it will be a stroke of luck. This one they will find right away and the one that was shot down, well no mystery there. Someone made a boo boo. Still there is no conspiracy here. You guys see conspiracy if Duncan Doughnuts runs out of raspberry jelly filledy reply to: Agartha

Charming!

Where do you read me saying I see a conspiracy?
I simply stated 4 facts and I simply said I can't remember reading about so many aviations disasters and mysteries in such short of period of time.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
i don't know if this is the 'norm' but a few weeks ago over here in the UK near me, a private plane 'disappeared off radar', two typhoon jets were scrambled and were told to go supersonic causing a sonic boom. i was just going through the comments on skys facebook page where a lady said that yesterday a private plane went off radar and they scrambled two typhoon jets near stansted airport causing a sonic boom aswell. the same thing in just a few weeks?

is that weird or does this happen all the time?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

No one mentions Gaza anymore? What you mean like in the past ten minutes? Get your head out of the clouds. (No pun intended)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

It's a broad spectrum post. Unless you have multiple personalities "you guys" refers to more than one. Obviously some see a conspiracy. What was your point if not to say something is going on?
edit on AMu31u0773047312014-07-24T08:47:21-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Breaking news: Missing plane Air Algeria has crashed - Algerian official.
news.msn.com...

ALGIERS, July 24 (Reuters) - An Air Algerie flight crashed on Thursday en route from Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso to Algiers with 110 passengers on board, an Algerian aviation official said.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: Agartha

It's a broad spectrum post. Unless you have multiple personalities "you guys" refers to more than one. Obviously some see a conspiracy. What was your point if not to say something is going on?

Yes, you guys is to many but it was a reply to my post.
My point was to state the fact that we have not seen so many aviation disasters and mysteries in such short period of time. My point was not referring to a conspiracy, but to the fact that it is unusual...cause it is.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Another sad passenger list:

The airline says 50 passengers were French, 4 from Burkina Faso, 8 Lebanese, 6 Algerians, 5 Canadians, 4 German, 2 from Luxembourg and 1 from Mali.

They are now saying the plane went down in NE Mali, near a town controlled by "rebels". So how are we going to get the black boxes?

Link

Three other possibilities: mechanical failure, pilot error and a hijacking (least likely IMO).

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just a curious anecdote to the story. The aeroplane in question was used by Real Madrid CF during the 2007-2009 seasons as its mode of transport. They even gave it a nickname, "la saeta" which means arrow.

*****************************************************************************************

The source for the above information has now retracted and says the plane is simply the same "model".

My fault for not checking I guess but Journalists, or so called, make me a little ill. sorry for the bad info.

*****************************************************************************************

This adds nothing to the story but I thought I would add it. Condolences to the families of those lost. This DOES seem to be becoming a rather more frequent event as time goes on. I read somewhere that the Earth's magnetic field is apparently going through quite a more rapid decrease in force than previously thought, which supposedly will lead to a flip in the poles eventually. However that is not the point I want to make, a pole flip. Perhaps the weakening could in some way be affecting guidance, even in a subtle way?

edit on 24-7-2014 by Jonjonj because: Change of information

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Doesn't seem very likely to me. You would think a lot more planes would be going down if that were the case. Sure, this has been more planes than usual in a small period of time, but one was shot down and the other two appear to both be weather related.

That's 3 flights, which seems like a lot, and it is in such a short period. But to put it in context, there are something like 30,000 flights per day in the US alone, so the percentage is still tiny.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: slippeddisc

I asked a similar question in another thread. People said a commercial flight usually can't disappear from radar but just go outside the radar area. However, the transponder showing the flight transponder that tells the controller the flight number can fail.

A pilot responded that transponders do fail and communications also fail but he never had both fail.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
a reply to: Jonjonj

Doesn't seem very likely to me. You would think a lot more planes would be going down if that were the case. Sure, this has been more planes than usual in a small period of time, but one was shot down and the other two appear to both be weather related.

That's 3 flights, which seems like a lot, and it is in such a short period. But to put it in context, there are something like 30,000 flights per day in the US alone, so the percentage is still tiny.

It would be nice if someone could do the math and calculate the odds that this many would happen in a week based on the average number of crashes per year.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join