It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Air Algerie loses contact with plane

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
One -- to the poster who thinks the news is being diverted from Gaza -- are you for real?? There's so much coverage about Israel pummeling Gaza that it might as well be over-saturation. I'm already tired of hearing about it. Flame the bleep away, I'm sick of tunnel vision stories & over-saturation via the news in general, it blots out everything else going on. Detracting from Gaza my derriere, it's like they're trying to drive people to apathy through too much constant channel coverage.

Two, planes crash from weather, it happens. Pilot error happens. That is nothing new, but keep letting yourselves think it is. Should we include every private twin-engine and make it a bigger number while we're at it? I feel bad for the passengers, but unless they were sabotaged or shot down, there's no conspiracy there.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

Yes I suppose you are correct, I am not well versed on aircraft guidance systems. My thought was more based on the idea that there may be localised effects rather than worldwide. However, I was just clutching at straws.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It's almost like some kind of hype in war zones .. rebel saperative now find away to draw attention to their cause .. shoot down civillians airliners and you get attention .. disgusting
edit on 0b07America/ChicagoThu, 24 Jul 2014 09:22:07 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 24 Jul 2014 09:22:07 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Plane crashes always seem to happen in threes for some reason. If you look back through history you can see patterns in crashes. In one day in 2010, an Airbus A300 Freighter crashed, a Boeing 737 overran the runway, and an A330 landed with both engines out.

You can see how many times crashes have occurred close to other crashes on this list. And this is only commercial, this doesn't take into account general and business aviation.

List of commercial crashes
edit on 7/24/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I suppose it's possible, it just doesn't seem likely with the sheer amount of planes that are in the air at any one time. If you look at flightaware, it's kind of mind boggling the amount of planes in the air. It's a wonder there aren't more accidents.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Aside from the plane that was shot down, maybe with the weakening of the magnetosphere weather patterns are changing rapidly and creating previously unforeseen situations that are more likely to cause plane accidents. Just a tought.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

People should walk where they want to go.

SnF

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Mentioned was a sandstorm on the planes route. No mention of heights of either.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
14 hours in and at least 8 hours of daylight. Where is Inmarsat now? Shouldn't we all be scouring the Sahara digitally? There's a million of us that can help look. Still not seeing any confirmation that it has crashed personally, that seems to be an initial statement taken a little too literally. Just a statement from a glass half empty kind of spokesperson.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just saw this on german yahoo.

It officially crashed, right? absolutely crazy that another plane disappeared from the radar this is NOT ACCEPTABLE!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ugh and I have a plane trip to NYC and Hawaii in the next two months...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The storm clouds were reported over 40,000 feet. No word on a sandstorm that I've found so far.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

It disappeared from radar because it crashed.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
According to Fox news, two French jets have located the crash site.

A French Ministry of Defense official tells Fox News that the Air Algerie jet carrying 116 people that vanished from radar shortly after takeoff late Wednesday night has crashed in Mali, and that two French fighter jets have located the wreckage.

Source

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ah ok thanks for the info. Its still tragic. I hope there are some survivors.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Last I noticed was the the media 'jumping the gun' again, they reported it crashed and in the articles they said it disappeared from radar.
Hmmmmmmm....... do we have another jet "vanishing?"

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: wulff

The wreckage was found by two French Air Force Mirage 2000s that backtracked the flight path.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I understand that it was probably a weather related problem but who can really confirm that it didn't disappear a couple minutes before the crash?

they lost contact 10 minutes before the crash, right?
edit on 24-7-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

That was probably when the crash actually occurred, and it took that long to figure out that it went down. There's usually a delay between loss of contact and declaring an aircraft downed.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Update:

However, Mariela Castro later told Venezuelan channel TeleSUR by telephone that she was 'alive' denying all reports that she had been a passenger. "I'm alive and kicking, happy and healthy," she said. The airport's Facebook page later removed the statement.

Fidel Castro’s nice, Mariela Castro, a prominent gay rights activist, was on board the flight, according to the official Facebook page of Burkina Faso’s main airport - Ouagadougou.

Air Algerie AH5017 with 116 onboard crashed in north-eastern Mali - airline
edit on 07am1111u7 by maghun because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join