It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Rick Perry to deploy 1,000 National Guard troops to RGV

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

. You think you see the big picture?

I know the big picture:

What would the ultimate border security nightmare look like? Might it involve drug cartels, rogue special forces soldiers, or transnational terrorists? How about all three? This scenario sounds like something out of a Hollywood movie. The problem is that for the United States this nightmare may have come true.

Iron Triangle of Terror: Iran, Hezbollah, and Los Zetas?

Congressional report ties Middle East terrorists to Mexican drug cartels Read more: dailycaller.com...

Our national parks have been surrendered to the Mexican drug cartels

It's time the gloves come off, and let loose the dogs of war.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Nothing complicated, it's as simple as Obama wanting to destroy and bankrupt this country.
edit on 21-7-2014 by thesaneone because: Ing

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I WAS THERE! Let's see what they make of things once the press shows an immigrant directly engaged and receives return fire.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

They knew this when they took the job. So this is no excuse to not use the NG to protect their states border.

It's about time Ricky got off his lazy ass and did something for himself instead of whining to the government to solve their problem for them.

You keep going on about this being "their states border" and "whining to the government to solve their problem".
Apparently, you do not understand the border between Texas and Mexico is an INTERNATIONAL border, and as such, any problems along this border affect all of America, not just Texas. The border between Brownsville, TX. and El Paso, TX. is 1254 miles, the longest of any state international border of the lower 48 states.

As for Texas whining for someone to come save the day, Ricky, as you disrespectfully refer to my Governor, got off his ass the LAST time you were informed Gov. Perry deployed DPS officers to the RGV at a cost of 1.3 million dollars per week. Now, he has activated the TNG at a cost of 12 million dollars per month, without any guarantee the feds will pony up a little to offset these costs. If you are not from Texas, how much has your state governor put up towards solving "their problems" with illegal immigration? You do know we are helping bus and fly them out of Texas as fast as we can? How many would you like?
edit on 7 21 2014 by retiredTxn because: Goofed it!

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: thesaneone

It's a bit more complicated than 'think of the children' try re-reading my post the context is clear for those that aren't just hoping for shots to be fired. For one thing the majority of the crisis is in fact children showing up at the border, alone. For another, US policy prior to Obama states that immigrants must be taken into custody and processed. Now with the law in mind do you have an answer to my question... what is the NG supposed to do exactly?

Stand around for photo ops of course, collect some TDY, and make not so bright people think everything is ok now and by next week be complaining about something else.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like Texas Governor Rick Perry is going to send 1,000 National Guard troops to the Rio Grande Valley.

Why? They can't detain anyone and they can't turn them around. They're just going to stand around and...direct traffic?

Woo.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

Looks like Texas Governor Rick Perry is going to send 1,000 National Guard troops to the Rio Grande Valley.

Why? They can't detain anyone and they can't turn them around. They're just going to stand around and...direct traffic?

Woo.

I hate to say this but you actually have a point there ! If Arizona was threatened way back when with federal lawsuits and government money being withheld for trying to stop all the border crossers what will the Texas N.G.s roll be in all this. Will they have ammo or empty magazines ? IMO to little to late but at least it is a show, No ?

If they wanted this to stop all they would have to do is get the Mexican government to stop issuing transit Visas for south of their borders.. Mexico if you are an illegal you do not get much but prison time or a swift kick in the butt to go back (if lucky)... Not gonna look it up but it ain't freebies and a drivers license in Mexico....

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erongaricuaro
Sounds like a conflict of interest, drug cartels vs. the troops sent to guard the drug fields. Ultimately it seems likely they all have the same paymaster.

You think you see the big picture? You are seeing the full production number being acted out for you. Boo the actors off the stage or bring in a new director but the show must go on. It's a total sell-out.

originally posted by: neo96
I know the big picture:

What would the ultimate border security nightmare look like? Might it involve drug cartels, rogue special forces soldiers, or transnational terrorists? How about all three? This scenario sounds like something out of a Hollywood movie. The problem is that for the United States this nightmare may have come true.

Iron Triangle of Terror: Iran, Hezbollah, and Los Zetas?

Congressional report ties Middle East terrorists to Mexican drug cartels Read more: dailycaller.com...

Our national parks have been surrendered to the Mexican drug cartels

It's time the gloves come off, and let loose the dogs of war.

Great! You found seats at center stage. But hey, even the stage manager doesn't have the big picture either. The show will go through a few more updates and changes before closing night.

Down here in Mexico it seemed apparent the US-led War on Drugs at the height of its insanity a few years ago was aimed at giving a decided advantage to the rapidly-growing US and Israel Special Forces-trained Los Zetas cartel for gaining their power, territory, and influence by usurping control after the local factions were strategically weakened by anti-drug authorities' raids - essentially anti-drug authorities just handing everything over to them. That had to be either a willful act or sheer stupidity. It did create a lot of violence and turmoil but had no discernable positive effect on stemming illicit drug traffic.

Your tossing out that link putting Hezbollah and Los Zetas together makes me a little suspicious of them having other common ties, at least economically. Apparently I am not the only one thinking that way either:

Hezbollah and the U.S. government — tangled ties to drug cartels

"Our national parks have been surrendered to the Mexican drug cartels" - I guess that is because pot is such a dangerous substance... or that it is so commercially viable because of its black market value the world real "Drug Lords" choose to take their cut by way of proxy. (And if you don't believe rogue government factions influence and profit from the illicit drug trade, spend the money and buy a program if you want to get the most out of this extravaganza being staged for you. Also, read up on the Chinese Opium Wars - none of this is a new idea.) It doesn't appear Colorado and Washington is doing much business with the 'cartels' these days, but they are doing a bang-up business.

So, your house keeps putting out that saucer of milk and that damn cat just keeps coming to drink it. To make matters worse you've got other cats showing up now. OK, you've figured out it's not your next-door neighbor's cat lapping up all the milk and making all the noise but you got to blame them for letting the cats cross their yard to get to yours. They probably don't like all your cat traffic coming across their yard either. But that doesn't matter, it's time to take the gloves off, because your house is bigger, your front lawn is a show piece, and your Cadillac is shinier than your neighbors', so this stuff shouldn't be happing to you. Put those gloves back on and clean up your back yard, the one you don't care about because nobody is looking at it.

edit on 21-7-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Ya know what ?

I have had enough of the GD never ending dogma that the US is behind EVERYTHING wrong in the world.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

He is expected to make the "announcement" today according to a State Senator.

Well maybe the problems we keep hearing about are as bad as many suspect.

This will be interesting.

1,000 could grow to ???

We already know of dead bodies and smuggling and Lord knows what else going on for a long time.

What do ya think Obama's "response" will be ?

Texas Gov. Rick Perry plans to announce he will activate the Texas National Guard at a news conference Monday in Austin, said state Sen. Juan “Chuy” Hinojosa, D-McAllen.

Hinojosa did not have details of the effort, but an internal memo from another state official’s office said the governor planned to call about 1,000 Texas National Guard troops to the Rio Grande Valley — at a cost of about $12 million per month.

The memo was provided to The Monitor on the condition of anonymity because the information is not yet public.

Troops are expected to enter the area gradually, building up to 1,000 after about a month, the memo said.

Gov. Rick Perry to deploy 1,000 National Guard troops to RGV

The Texas National Guard is under the command of the Governor of the state. If Obama is not going to do his job and protect states against an influx of illegals entering the country, then Texas has every right to act. Its no different than local or state law enforcement detaining illegals for ICE.

Secondly - to nip a possible area of debate in the bud.

State guard units are not subject to Posse Comitatus.
edit on 21-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I'll have you know that is classified information we have been aware of since the 80s as conspiracists.
Ever since they shot the KID in Mena under Clinton.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Your post makes no sense as a response to mine. If you want the immigration laws to change guess what has to happen? CONGRESS, not the PRESIDENT, has to introduce a bill. Golly gee.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: buster2010

They knew this when they took the job. So this is no excuse to not use the NG to protect their states border.

And when was the last time the Guard was assigned to stem the flow of immigrants at the border?

Look at the chaos ... and roar!!! Where's the fiddler? I know that tune.

Defense of the state is one of the jobs of the NG. Also Arizona sent their NG to their border in 2010.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Ya know what ?

I have had enough of the GD never ending dogma that the US is behind EVERYTHING wrong in the world.

Yep, forever just the innocent victim of all the world's evil-doo-ers. I feel your pain. What did we ever do to anyone?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: buster2010

And when was the last time the Guard was assigned to stem the flow of immigrants at the border?

Look at the chaos ... and roar!!! Where's the fiddler? I know that tune.

Defense of the state is one of the jobs of the NG. Also Arizona sent their NG to their border in 2010.

That was an Excutive Order from Obama, not the state. It was called Operation Phalanx and much like this time they can not arrest, detain, search, stop or question anybody. They put some out in public with unloaded weapons for a public presence but, they could not do anything beyond stand their. For the most part they worked in offices to help the them catch up on paper work. GOP budget hawks called it a waste of money. So in other words we could send some scare crows and a some secretaries and get the same result as sending the NG. That is not as good when it comes to PR though.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Do you happen to know if the National Guard can be deputized ?

If they can, it might play a role with the whole immigrant problem.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

Do you happen to know if the National Guard can be deputized ?

If they can, it might play a role with the whole immigrant problem.

If operating under state control and pay they can be based on what each states laws allow. However, they still would not have training for such a mission and that would be a disaster waiting to happen. And the cost to keep any amount of NG deployed for any amount of time is just to great. And if any federal funds are used they can not be deputized. So maybe on very small scale with just MPs but, even then they would need to be retrained.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Thanks for the answer.

But perhaps some NG's are actually trained ?

Doesn't the NG have Military Police and training ?

Maybe the Texas NG has MP's, and maybe some NG members are real police officers ?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

It's about time Ricky got off his lazy ass and did something for himself instead of whining to the government to solve their problem for them.

You keep going on about this being "their states border" and "whining to the government to solve their problem".
Apparently, you do not understand the border between Texas and Mexico is an INTERNATIONAL border, and as such, any problems along this border affect all of America, not just Texas. The border between Brownsville, TX. and El Paso, TX. is 1254 miles, the longest of any state international border of the lower 48 states.

As for Texas whining for someone to come save the day, Ricky, as you disrespectfully refer to my Governor, got off his ass the LAST time you were informed Gov. Perry deployed DPS officers to the RGV at a cost of 1.3 million dollars per week. Now, he has activated the TNG at a cost of 12 million dollars per month, without any guarantee the feds will pony up a little to offset these costs. If you are not from Texas, how much has your state governor put up towards solving "their problems" with illegal immigration? You do know we are helping bus and fly them out of Texas as fast as we can? How many would you like?

It maybe a international border but it is still a state border. My state really doesn't have that much of a problem with illegals probably because our companies and farmers mainly hire citizens unlike Texas. Give them a reason to not come to Texas start by locking up the people that hire them. You crying about how much it cost to deploy them how much do you think it will be if Texas secedes from the Union like they cry they want to all the time. Your state is just getting a taste of what it would be like if you weren't part of America don't like it much huh? I know what the illegal problem is like in Texas I was stationed at Ft. Bliss for a few years it was kind of fun going down to the border and watching the early morning "running of the illegals" across the border.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

That was an Excutive Order from Obama, not the state.

He just asked when was the last time the NG was ordered to the border not who ordered them to the border.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join