It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Rick Perry to deploy 1,000 National Guard troops to RGV

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Actually, my question was rhetorical.

There's some smell about all the chaos. Something much bigger afoot. Some folks consider this to be a distraction from the too many to easily name scandals of the 0bama administration. They may be right about that, but something feels oh-so wrong about this particular incursion.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Xcathdra

Do you happen to know if the National Guard can be deputized ?

If they can, it might play a role with the whole immigrant problem.

From a state law aspect yes. Most states have laws in place that allows a Sheriff / Municipal officer to "deputize" a civilian. The extent of that authority though varies. In my state if I am involved in something and there are no officers around I can order a civilian to assist me. That action places the citizen under my authority and I would be responsible for that persons actions. With that said the only time ive ever had to do that has been in situations in a Hospital environment where people in custody realize they are going to jail regardless and try to fight and run. Hospital Security is not commissioned law enforcement where I am at, although they do the same job we do.

An incident occurred in Georgia (if I remember right) 5-10 years ago. A small population county (sheriffs office with a few deputies and one municipal department with a few officers) underwent a situation where a person went bonkers and started a shooting spree.

By the time it was done the suspect had shot a bunch of people in different areas, stretching the sheriff's department and municipal department to the breaking point. The Sheriff contact the military base and requested help. An officer and a bunch of MP's responded and helped secure crime scene locations, freeing up law enforcement.

When it ended the IG for the military reviewed the military action. Even though state law allowed and authorized the request of using the military, from the military aspect it violated their standing orders as well as Posse Comitatus. No military people were charged under military law but they were told they could not do stuff like that.

State Law verse Federal law verse UCMJ.

With that said State Guard units are not subject to posse comitatus. They can be used in civilian law enforcement functions.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Another gop made up crisis, propaganda for the upcoming election cycle.

Posting right wing articles doesn't make anything there saying fact, just more opinion and news entertainment.

Benghazi, Benghazi!! irs, irs!! border! invasion!! omg were being invaded by women and children time to call out the troops!! All the illegals I have seen were in federal custody!!!!

Most of the links I have seen posted are opinion not fact!!! Bengh!!!!oh I mean the Mexicans are coming!!! There all in custody but there invading omg! Those Latinos are invading the states to forcefully work in our agriculture industry because its summer time and this is normal!!! Call out the troops!! Call out the troops so they can mirror Congress and sit around and do nothing!!!

No better way to drum up a certain percentage of there supporters than to manufacture a crisis. Doesn't anyone see how scripted this is? Lets go protest kids!! lets send troops to deal with these kids!! Lets read anything negative about this situation, but lets not let facts but opinion guide our rational thinking on the matter..

Next they will say the airliner shot down was to take attention away from perry's actions....

This is what a invasion looks like to me:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I see you have absolutely no idea whats occurring on the southern border.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Show me the invasion. Educate me on this invasion!

What are the orders of these national guard troops, what is there job in this, what are they going to be doing?

You really don't think this is all political?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Political? Absolutely its political. The issue though is it blew up in Obamas face, being he is the one who started this mess by thinking he could bypass Congress whenever he felt like it.

Take your complaints and conspiracies and yell at Obama.

I for one am tired of him blaming everyone else for his incompetence and stupidity. Obama caused this mess, and the rest of us have to live with the mess he made.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Political? Absolutely its political. The issue though is it blew up in Obamas face, being he is the one who started this mess by thinking he could bypass Congress whenever he felt like it.

Take your complaints and conspiracies and yell at Obama.

I for one am tired of him blaming everyone else for his incompetence and stupidity. Obama caused this mess, and the rest of us have to live with the mess he made.

Nearly a year before President Obama declared a humanitarian crisis on the border, a team of experts arrived at the Fort Brown patrol station in Brownsville, Tex., and discovered a makeshift transportation depot for a deluge of foreign children.

Thirty Border Patrol agents were assigned in August 2013 to drive the children to off-site showers, wash their clothes and make them sandwiches. As soon as those children were placed in temporary shelters, more arrived. An average of 66 were apprehended each day on the border and more than 24,000 cycled through Texas patrol stations in 2013. In a 41-page report to the Department of Homeland Security, the team from the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) raised alarms about the federal government’s capacity to manage a situation that was expected to grow worse.

www.newsradioklbj.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Here's some more "fantasy"

Then we see results like this...
4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Some pertinent info...

One-Fourth of Illegals Apprehended at Border Have Criminal Records

Texas State Senator: 100,000 Illegal Immigrant Gang Members in State

Tin foil hat time !! Wait until many of the cities in the USA turn into something like a holiday in Chicago (Cartel center for northern distribution) with 20 to 40 people being shot in a couple of days. Round two for the 2d amendment.. Perfect way for the anti's to reach their goal, no? Disarm everyone so we can all be just like Mexico and the Cartels.. I hope if my head gets hung from an overpass because I won't turn a blind eye they do the photogenic side... if I have one ?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
And now the border patrol officers are told to release all the pregnant women even if they just say that they are pregnant. More anchor babies and freebies. We will be over run with criminals and welfare Moms. And still our vets and other folks need help that they aren't getting.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: MrSpad

Thanks for the answer.

But perhaps some NG's are actually trained ?

Doesn't the NG have Military Police and training ?

Maybe the Texas NG has MP's, and maybe some NG members are real police officers ?

National Guard units should have some MPs. Not many but, some. They however are normally also Police Officers in civiian lives as well. Still those numbers are small and the cost very high to keep them at the border. Over all the effect would be almost nothing. As I said before the small strech of border they are talking about is only 40 miles shorter than the DMZ which is the most heavly fortified border in the world and still can not stop crossings. The border will never be secure. The only solution is to deal with why people come here. Cut off all the America is great stuff that we feed the world, get some kind machines to work the fields so that the price of food does not skyrocket and wreck the economy by getting rid of the cheap illegal labor, and scrub that

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
off the statue of liberty to let people know this is not the America of the past.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This would be a good idea if they could actually stop the individuals entering the country. What it's going to turn out to be is just more illegal immigrants picked up, put on a bus, and taken care of. More people on the border means we will just catch more, which obviously isn't stopping anything.

Here's what the national guard, or any citizen should be able to do. Stop the border crossing in progress. The migrating individual will not enter the country under any circumstances. Turn them around on the spot. If they refuse, they can sit there on the border until they get hungry or thirsty enough, then they will turn around and go back. Having troops on the border who can't forcefully stop what is happening is just another waste of resources and manpower.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 2wheelvet

So you are assuming we can catch them all literally at the border?? Do you realize how crazy that is?
The agents mostly rely on sensors getting hit and then tracking them down. Usually far from the border.
Lets just say the average is 5 miles out, are you going to walk each individual back to the border?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So we have sensors and now apparently additional personnel monitoring the border, how is it not possible? I guess you haven't heard of drones or sattelite monitoring of an area. It doesn't take more than a few people to cover quite a large area. Night vision and FLIR tools go a long way. Each squad has a vehicle with these tools and has a few mile route to drive back and forth along the border. It is not impossible to see where someone is and intercept. As for 'walking them back to the border,' they are on foot, we are currently using resources to transport them farther into the country, the same resources can be used to drive them back to the border and turn them around.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

It maybe a international border but it is still a state border.

It would be a state border when it separates Texas from other states. It becomes an international border when there are international border crossings between the United States and Mexico.

My state really doesn't have that much of a problem with illegals probably because our companies and farmers mainly hire citizens unlike Texas. Give them a reason to not come to Texas start by locking up the people that hire them.

That's great. I'll be sure to pass on your wisdom to the state legislature. Texas currently has approximately 1.6 million illegal immigrants residing here. Wonder where the rest of those 11 million illegal immigrants are? Headed to a state near you, or maybe your state.

You crying about how much it cost to deploy them how much do you think it will be if Texas secedes from the Union like they cry they want to all the time. Your state is just getting a taste of what it would be like if you weren't part of America don't like it much huh? I know what the illegal problem is like in Texas I was stationed at Ft. Bliss for a few years it was kind of fun going down to the border and watching the early morning "running of the illegals" across the border.

Stating fact is not "crying". You still hang on to the idea all Texan's want is to secede. I don't, and I cannot name one person who does. If you would take a moment and look at the very bottom of my posts, you will see my opinion concerning secession. Also, no matter how you try to twist it, this is a national crisis, not just one state's problem. Any one state should not have to bear the burden and cost of trying to prevent our country's downfall. Especially since this is a crisis Obama refuses to confront.

While you were stationed at Ft. Bliss, did you happen to report any of the illegal crossings you witnessed? Oh, that's right. Your state is so wholesome and free from illegal immigrants, no need to bother because it was only the constitution as it applies to your state that you swore an oath to. Thanks for being such a great American.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 2wheelvet

Ya your plan sounds great on paper but I think you over estimating what you think of and underestimating how large the southern border is. As well as intel gathering ability of the other side.
And you can spot them all day, catching them is entirely different story. What are those few guys going to do when a group of 30 splits up and they all run? You still have to physically stop them. And lets say you do catch all of them, now you have to spend your resources in that area on getting them back to the border to baby sit them while you humanely starve them out. Which will be hours on hours, if not a couple days on a really dedicated group. So now when another group of 30 comes along, how are those few men covering that large area going to be able to account for that?

I am awaiting your, well we should just shoot them answer, I don't think we are too far from it yet.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
They could simplify things by stopping the jobs and freebies to all illegals. The ones here will leave and the ones tempted will stay away.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Pointless grandstanding. Another waste of TX tax payer money.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2wheelvet
a reply to: Sremmos80

So we have sensors and now apparently additional personnel monitoring the border, how is it not possible? I guess you haven't heard of drones or sattelite monitoring of an area. It doesn't take more than a few people to cover quite a large area. Night vision and FLIR tools go a long way. Each squad has a vehicle with these tools and has a few mile route to drive back and forth along the border. It is not impossible to see where someone is and intercept. As for 'walking them back to the border,' they are on foot, we are currently using resources to transport them farther into the country, the same resources can be used to drive them back to the border and turn them around.

The souther border is over 2000 miles long. The DMZ in Korea is 150 miles long and is most healily guarded boarder in the world with hundreds of thousands of troops, mines, sendors, fences walls etc. The DMZ is still not secure. People sneak across, the tunnel across, the go though other counries to get south and they sneak in along the coast.

The cost and manpower to secure 2000 miles of border would be astronomical. Then they would come by tunnel, by sea or fly in with fake paper work. The Berlin Wall could not keep people from crossing either. The entire idea is a pipe dream.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join