It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet evangelist hopes to convert ISIS leader through online video insulting Islam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: DarknStormy
I don't want to show you a Muslim or Jew that worships what Christians do, It's better for them they don't.

Then you have proven my statement correct. You can't show me a muslim or a jew that worships the same God as the Christians.. If it was the same God, then the Jews and Muslims would have no problem bending the knee to Jesus and worshipping Him.

Muslims and Jews don't worship a man God, yeah I proven you correct, Jews and Muslims worship the creator of the Universe, not a Prophet, not Mohammad, not Jesus but God/Allah, the one who cannot be depicted.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

The concept of the Christian Trinity has been discussed at length in other threads. It has been proven to be part of scripture and a part of 2,000 years of Christian scholarship. I would be more than happy to educate you on this, but that would be off topic for this thread. I suggest you take your muslim leaning interpretation of Christian scripture to one of those threads.

Unless the moderators state that the Christian Trinity can be part of this discussion. Then I'd be more than happy to educate you on the subject matter.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Muslims and Jews don't worship a man God,

There you go. Now you get it. Christians have the Trinity - Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Muslims and Jews do not bend the knee to Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Therefore, the Abrahamic religions do NOT worship the same God.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
Do Messianic Jews count?

If they bend the knee to Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, then they worship the same God as the Christians. If they don't do that, then it's a different God. Right? I don't know enough about them to know what God they worship.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
In my honest opinion, i consider the gods of Judaism, Christianity and Islam to be one in the same.

Yeah, a lot of folks think that. I used to think that. But then it was pointed out to me that, if the Muslims and Jews had the same God, then they'd be worshipping Jesus as God incarnate. And they don't. I couldn't argue with that so I had to agree. whatever ... it doesn't matter ... we'll all find out when we are dead.

All 3 religions worship the same diety. They just have different opinions on his actions post old testement.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Muslims and Jews don't worship a man God,

There you go. Now you get it. Christians have the Trinity - Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Muslims and Jews do not bend the knee to Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Therefore, the Abrahamic religions do NOT worship the same God.

Why would Muslims and Jews bend their knee to a man? No man created this existence and no man should take that credit either. It's the other way around, man is a creation of this existence.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Online video insulting Islam?
I hope the good Reverend has 'Soap On A Rope'...because it looks like the Obama administration'll be coming for him real soon.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
[quote originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Somebody should inform this dumbass that the Christian God and Allah are one in the same.

Technically no. Islam has Allah. Christians have the Trinity. It's not the same. If you find a Muslim who worships Jesus as God on Earth, then you will have found a Muslim who worships the same God as the Christians. Technically.

What I want to know is ... where the hell is God ?? These are 'His kids' out mass murdering each other in His name. You'd think that would be enough to get Him off his mountain to come down and do something about it all ....

If Muslims worship Allah (god alone with no associated partners)
And chriatans believe Jesus to be the "exstention" of god thus making him god.
Then we ultimately worship the same god.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Why would Muslims and Jews bend their knee to a man?

They reject the revelations of the gospel accounts so they wouldn't believe Jesus is God incarnate so they wouldn't bend their knee to Him. Like I said ... it's not the same God. Muhammad made sure of that when he changed the gospel accounts to suit his agenda. If the gospels are correct, then Muhammads new 'religion' would be invalidated right from the start. He couldn't let that happen ....

Now as to the Minister ... insulting someone won't get them to change. Only education can do that. And considering he's dealing with ISIS, obviously the ministers insults won't get though the indoctrination. The minister should know this and, instead, pray for those who he wishes to convert. Prayers can do a much better job then insults. As a minister, you'd think he'd know that. Apparently not.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

i understand what you are saying about the extension part. But unless a Muslim or Jew bends his knee to Jesus ... he isn't worshipping the same God. He's only worshipping 1/3 of the Christian God. And Christians would be worshipping a God (Jesus) who the Muslims don't believe is God at all.

The Muslims here tell me Christians worship Jesus as God so it's a different God.

I can see what you say about 'extension' .... but according to my neighborhood muslims, that's not the case.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The precedent he's basing this off of is an old testament story about Elijah getting got to roast a cow. When the cow was roasted, he took that as a sign to execute the holy men from the other tribes.

Not exactly the stable role model I'd want my religious leader to be emulating.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Why do you ignore certain parts of my responses? I gave you a logical explanation as to why Jews and Muslims wouldn't worship a man, Christians can believe what they want but it doesn't mean they are absolutely correct taking into consideration the corruption and lies that have been added to the Bible. Do you believe a human being created the universe?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

That's the problem, Proclaiming Jesus to be God is Idolatry and a sin, it's even written in the Bible.

Considering your Muslim leanings, I'm not surprised that you come to that interpretation. However, 2,000 years of Christian scholars and 2 Billion Christians on this planet disagree with your interpretation of Christian scripture.

Ohh the irony !

You want to play this card now ?

When you constantly claim adam & eve didnt happen ,
Exodus didnt happen ...

How about 5 billion religious christans ,Muslims , Jews

Let us not forget the scholars who will disagree with your claims ..

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In Sunday school as a kid I was taught that there were 3 separate and distinct entities. God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

And that Jesus was the Son of God. Is that the truth, false or just a fabrication to cover all bases in a religious metaphorical sort of way.

And don't get me started on Revelations as prophesy.

And the arrogance that any mortal can interpret the mind of God seems like blasphemy regardless if it coming from a Christian faith or Islam...doesn't really matter.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Why do you ignore certain parts of my responses?

I didn't.

I gave you a logical explanation as to why Jews and Muslims wouldn't worship a man,

1 - I stated clearly, a discussion on The Trinity is off topic. I'm trying to stay on topic. If you wish to discuss Christian scripture on the Trinity, it's already in threads elsewhere.
2 - Christians do not believe that Jesus was just a man and they believe that due to the miracles performed.
3 - You proved my point correct - Christians don't worship the same God as Jews/Muslims.

taking into consideration the corruption and lies that have been added to the Bible.

And yet your muhammad plagiarized from it and added his own corruption and lies to make his Qu'ran.

As to my beliefs, they are irrelevant for this forum.
Stay on topic - The minister and the ISIS dude.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

i understand what you are saying about the extension part. But unless a Muslim or Jew bends his knee to Jesus ... he isn't worshipping the same God. He's only worshipping 1/3 of the Christian God. And Christians would be worshipping a God (Jesus) who the Muslims don't believe is God at all.

The Muslims here tell me Christians worship Jesus as God so it's a different God.

I can see what you say about 'extension' .... but according to my neighborhood muslims, that's not the case.

That's incorrect , they should be telling you that god should not be worshipped with any association of partners , but only to be worshiped alone.

We understand that Jesus was a prophet of god , but somewhere down the line he became god .

But different god ? I would say nay.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

When you constantly claim adam & eve didnt happen , Exodus didnt happen ...

They didn't. Thats a matter of science and archeology.

Let us not forget the scholars who will disagree with your claims ..

They aren't my 'claims'. I'm stating irrefutable scientific fact.

Your deflection attempt fails. Darknstormy is discussing a theology question about the Trinity, which can not be proven or disproven with science and archeology. However, the Adam and Eve story can be disproven in that manner. So can Exodus. So can Noahs Ark. Big difference.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
As i said before, it all comes down to the specific interpretations each religious group holds.

I don't think it matters as to whether or not Jews and Muslims are only worshiping 1/3 of the Christian god. In the end, they all worship one god who shares a similar lineage. Where Muslims consider Jesus to be a prophet of god, Christians consider him to be the son, and extension, of god. That means that while Christians believe in a holy trinity, they ultimately agree with the other Abrahamic religions in that there is only one god.

The only difference is that Jews, Christians and Muslims all go about worshiping the same god through different methods. Christians have their interpretation of the trinity, while Muslims and Jews forgo that aspect for other religious interpretations.

Same god, different interpretation...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: olaru12

Religion operates by faith and not evidence.

You should explain that to FlyersFan, apparently that isn't the case.

Not sure what you mean by that, FlyersFan is one of the most evidence driven Christians I've met on these boards.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Why do you ignore certain parts of my responses?

I didn't.

I gave you a logical explanation as to why Jews and Muslims wouldn't worship a man,

1 - I stated clearly, a discussion on The Trinity is off topic. I'm trying to stay on topic. If you wish to discuss Christian scripture on the Trinity, it's already in threads elsewhere.
2 - Christians do not believe that Jesus was just a man and they believe that due to the miracles performed.
3 - You proved my point correct - Christians don't worship the same God as Jews/Muslims.

taking into consideration the corruption and lies that have been added to the Bible.

And yet your muhammad plagiarized from it and added his own corruption and lies to make his Qu'ran.

As to my beliefs, they are irrelevant for this forum.
Stay on topic - The minister and the ISIS dude.

This is inncorect , they believe he was a man an "exstention" of god in the flesh.
Thus he was able to perform miracles.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join