It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet evangelist hopes to convert ISIS leader through online video insulting Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere
They say different. If Christians worship Jesus as God, and they don't, then we worship a different God. That's what they say. I used to think it was the same God because of the roots going back to Abraham. But they said no. I can see their point.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
they believe he was a man an "exstention" of god in the flesh. Thus he was able to perform miracles.

No. I'm correct. Jesus is believed to be God Incarnate. True man and true God. Not just a prophet ... not just a man (as Darknstormy is trying to say). One aspect of God ... part of the Holy Trinity.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't think we're going to get anywhere with this, haha. We all have our own opinions and interpretations on these things, and it's always been like that. I guess that's why we have three different religions from the same region!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

When you challenge someone to/in La'an, both parties must call a curse from God... whomsoever god answers is the favored one of God.

Did this Pastor Keller really think he can call down fire from heaven when al-Baghdadi cannot?

lol....
edit on 8-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

When you constantly claim adam & eve didnt happen , Exodus didnt happen ...

They didn't. Thats a matter of science and archeology.

Let us not forget the scholars who will disagree with your claims ..

They aren't my 'claims'. I'm stating irrefutable scientific fact.

Your deflection attempt fails. Darknstormy is discussing a theology question about the Trinity, which can not be proven or disproven with science and archeology. However, the Adam and Eve story can be disproven in that manner. So can Exodus. So can Noahs Ark. Big difference.

We have discussed this issue before on other threads . and I provided you with refuting evedince.
mitochondrial eve theory .

I am guessing you must have missed that ?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

a reply to: LightningStrikesHere
They say different. If Christians worship Jesus as God, and they don't, then we worship a different God. That's what they say. I used to think it was the same God because of the roots going back to Abraham. But they said no. I can see their point.

Well, i believe what you are saying .

However thats not the view of all muslims .

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

It's pretty damn useless, isn't it? You'd think God would come down off the mountain top and straighten it all out, but he doesn't seem to want to be bothered. In the mean time, we get nutters like the ISIS leader out slaughtering in God's name, and we get fundamentalists like the Minister threatening to call down God Fire from the skies.

You'd never know this was 2014 AD, would ya'??

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

[q]originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
they believe he was a man an "exstention" of god in the flesh. Thus he was able to perform miracles.

No. I'm correct. Jesus is believed to be God Incarnate. True man and true God. Not just a prophet ... not just a man (as Darknstormy is trying to say). One aspect of God ... part of the Holy Trinity.

My rebuttle was that you said Christians believe he "was not a man"
I said nay , but they believe he was a man in flesh but god by spirit.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It's pretty damn useless, isn't it? You'd think God would come down off the mountain top and straighten it all out, but he doesn't seem to want to be bothered. In the mean time, we get nutters like the ISIS leader out slaughtering in God's name, and we get fundamentalists like the Minister threatening to call down God Fire from the skies.

You'd never know this was 2014 AD, would ya'??

Exactly! No use in speculating and fighting when no one can possibly draw a solid conclusion on faith based materials from 1400 + years ago.

All people do is argue over these things, and it gets us nowhere. Instead, separate religions should be working together in making the world a better place, not destroying it through disagreements and extremism...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

they believe he was a man in flesh but god by spirit.

Ah .. okay. That's correct. True man and true God. Not just a man. Yes.
I read your post as saying something else entirely.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
No use in speculating and fighting when no one can possibly draw a solid conclusion on faith based materials from 1400 + years ago.

Oh man ... you are being generous! 1400 years ago? ATS Thread - Did Abraham Even Exist? . How about 4,000 years ago? Heck, even some of what is in the O.T. comes from the Summerians and Egyptians and Hindu which predate even that. There is no way to know if anything that is said from that far back is true, and the stories from that far back couldn't have possibly have made it forward to 2014 AD intact and without significant change.

It's useless to fight FOR that stuff and it's useless to fight OVER that stuff.

edit on 7/8/2014 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: olaru12

God created free will so humans can act as Gods themselves. Ironic fable you have there.

Every time I see "free will" mentioned I have to laugh. It just shows how much people don't understand about this virtual reality we operate, not exist, within. You're a rider in a meat-puppet avatar with a data acquisition and control system called a brain ;-) If you believe you have free will, then control your subsequent parts right down to at least the molecular level and prove it.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I mentioned 1400 + to cover Islam, haha. I agree with you though, and i think you are entirely correct.

Just the history of these religions and texts make it all so interesting, but the texts themselves aren't worth fighting over. Especially when we can't actually do anything with them, or draw conclusions on them. All we can do is read them, interpret them, and compare them - and even then, they're probably mostly mythology.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
People tend to create a type of ancestral worship, to validate land claims, marriages, migration etc Abrahamic tradition does just this.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
No use in speculating and fighting when no one can possibly draw a solid conclusion on faith based materials from 1400 + years ago.

Oh man ... you are being generous! 1400 years ago? ATS Thread - Did Abraham Even Exist? . How about 4,000 years ago? Heck, even some of what is in the O.T. comes from the Summerians and Egyptians and Hindu which predate even that. There is no way to know if anything that is said from that far back is true, and the stories from that far back couldn't have possibly have made it forward to 2014 AD intact and without significant change.

It's useless to fight FOR that stuff and it's useless to fight OVER that stuff.

Here is a rebuttal on your Abraham ,exodus,Moses theory

www.ensignmessage.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: Pinocchio
They despise and believe that we eat our God and drink his blood.
In their eyes... it's barbarism beyond reckoning.
BUT...but we love. Which is more than one can say about Islam.
Jesus... forgives.... Muslims play with rocks and stone people to death for silly little transgressions. Barbarism! Guess who it is!?!

Your Bible is the greatest hoax in religion regardless of all the smiles and laughter you get from it.

Religion is the hoax. Not the bible. The religion of Christianity (esp. the roman cathoic church) does not follow the bible.
They call vicars 'father'....abomination according to the bible.
Tythes are not returned to those in need .....in violation of the bible.
Worship on Sunday (catholic churches 'mark of authority' over the bible......directly breaking one of the commandments.
Worship idols...breaking one of the commandments....this commandment has even been removed by the catholics.
Christmas.....pagan holiday introduced by the catholics.....same for easter.
Inquisition.......mass genocide against anyone who does not conform to catholic beliefs...including other christians........religion at its worse.

I cant be bothered listing further as I could literally go on all night.

Religion is the problem.

If Christians followed the bible they would be an inspiration to non believers. But we dont.!!! It tells us we wont too.

Religion is just the same as a corporation, fearful money men using deception and manipulation to increase their power. Any true christian would distance themselves from these people as best they can.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
No technically it is the same god. It's just Muslims think Jesus was a prophet ...

And Christians say Jesus is God. Therefore, it's not the same God. Being a prophet isn't being a God.

Yet the Bible says Jesus is the only begotten son of God.

John 3:16New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Changing the meaning of what is actually said in the Bible changes everything. Now who would want to do that?

Sacrificing oneself vs sacrificing ones only begotten son...... big difference.

Oh and the only begotten part means no prophet imagined or real can ever be on the same level of importance with one and only one that holds that title.

Most Christian churches fail along with Islam, not to mention the majority of Jewish people who don't even recognize the Messiah came.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The only Jews that didn't see Jesus as the Messiah were the corrupted Jews. If they don't believe in him today then they are still corrupted lol

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
OK

a reply to: DarknStormy

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Here is where peole get confused on Abrahamic religons. Just because ISHMAIL was born to Ahraham does not mean he worshipped God of the hebrews his entire life.

People forget HAGGAR was not a hebrew but was a slave from elsewhere. WHen she was exiled by abraham she most likely reverted to her Gods because we all know how a spurned person can be.

ALso God cares for everyone,but Allah cares for just muslims its in the Qu ran in black and white for you to see. They are two seperate beings.

Now i can already hear,But God had them kill someone off. It wasnt because their religon it was for their actions thay had done alone. It was a mercy for future generations not to grow up in that way. God didnt enjoy destroying sodom and gomorrah im quite sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join