It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet evangelist hopes to convert ISIS leader through online video insulting Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

More from the "you just can't make this **** up department"

“If Mr. al-Baghdadi won’t convert to faith in Christ, then he should have no problem calling on his god ‘Allah’ to answer by fire,” Keller said. “It will be a great stage for the world to finally see whose God is the one true God, the imaginary god ‘Allah’ worshipped by the world’s 1.6 billion Muslims, or the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of the Bible.”

Liveprayer.com founder Keller, who also founded the website Vote For Jesus, compared his challenge to al-Baghdadi to the biblical showdown between the prophet Elijah and the prophets of Ba’al at Mount Carmel.

In some surreal way, I suppose this makes perfect sense; provided Mr. al-Baghdadi is on facebook or other social media sites.
I doubt if he is however.

Still Pastor Keller has managed to get a few of his 15min of fame allotted by Andy Warhol. Good show!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I have no doubt that Mr. al-Baghdadi has the ability to rain down fire, should he be invited to do so. Pastor Keller? Not so much!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

In some surreal way, I suppose this makes perfect sense; provided Mr. al-Baghdadi is on facebook or other social media sites. I doubt if he is however.

I would bet that he or at least his close underlings are on social media.

link   

.... to answer by fire

What does that even mean?

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
“It will be a great stage for the world to finally see whose God is the one true God, the imaginary god ‘Allah’ worshipped by the world’s 1.6 billion Muslims, or the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of the Bible.”

Wait, i thought Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all Abrahamic religions, meaning that they all likely worship the same god...apparently not, lol.

This guy is nuts.

Here's the video, by the way:

edit on 8-7-2014 by daaskapital because: link

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Somebody should inform this dumbass that the Christian God and Allah are one in the same. Interesting that he's proposing such a test. Maybe he'd like to call on God to perform some miracles himself and then get back to us on how the hell that worked out.

EDIT:

also, from the OP's source:

“Jesus said don’t worry about the man who can kill your body, worry about the man who can kill your soul,” Keller said. “You can only be killed once, and I have no fear of dying since only God will say when my work is finished. When He does, I will be ready to spend eternity in Heaven with Jesus. I trust God to protect me and when He answers by fire, the world will see Him in all of his glory and Islam will be exposed for the lie it is. This could start a true worldwide revival.”

Sounds like the typical jihadist mentality.
edit on 2014-7-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Oh .. he got that challenge from the Old Testament standoff between Gods ... the God of the Hebrews and the god of the pagans. I see where he got the idea from ...

That being said, the ISIS guy is insane and honestly the minister doesn't seem too stable either. I wish people would enter the year 2014 AD instead of trying to live in the year 2000 BC.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Somebody should inform this dumbass that the Christian God and Allah are one in the same.

Technically no. Islam has Allah. Christians have the Trinity. It's not the same. If you find a Muslim who worships Jesus as God on Earth, then you will have found a Muslim who worships the same God as the Christians. Technically.

What I want to know is ... where the hell is God ?? These are 'His kids' out mass murdering each other in His name. You'd think that would be enough to get Him off his mountain to come down and do something about it all ....

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

From Source:

“It will be a great stage for the world to finally see whose God is the one true God, the imaginary god ‘Allah’ worshipped by the world’s 1.6 billion Muslims, or the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of the Bible.”

The way to make someone convert is to insult them..?

Way to lead by example, you dumb ass Keller.

And another thing, stop providing the ME with this fodder, otherwise you're gonna get someone that looks like you killed.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They despise and believe that we eat our God and drink his blood.
In their eyes... it's barbarism beyond reckoning.
BUT...but we love. Which is more than one can say about Islam.
Jesus... forgives.... Muslims play with rocks and stone people to death for silly little transgressions. Barbarism! Guess who it is!?!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't kno what's worse the ignorant evagelist or the morons that listen to him.

2nd

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Delusional is what I get from that Joker.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio
Jesus... forgives.... Muslims play with rocks and stone people to death for silly little transgressions. Barbarism! Guess who it is!?!

Your Bible is the greatest hoax in religion regardless of all the smiles and laughter you get from it.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Religion operates by faith and not evidence. When that is the case, there really isn't anything compelling you can say that can convince them to convert from whatever religion they believe in to whatever you believe in since you have no more proof for your religion than they do for their religion. Therefore the only way to get converts is through violence and forced conversion. The actions in the OP are nothing new among the religious.
edit on 8-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

could someone post a pic of the Movie star 'Beetle juice' side by side with this iconic character for comparison
edit on th31140484226208572014 by St Udio because: zzz

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Your Bible is the greatest hoax in religion regardless of all the smiles and laughter you get from it.

And yet Muhammad plagiarized a bunch of his qu'ran stories from it. Guess that makes him a hoaxer as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: Pinocchio

Just curious didnt you claim to be Christian in another thread? Im confused by you.......

To the OP this is a pretty idiotic thing to do in my opinion, all it does is make him and his professed faith look bad......

Vengeance is mine sayeth the lord..........correct?

So let him deal that out in his own time if it be the truth, its not for us to make that judgement call.......

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Religion operates by faith and not evidence.

You should explain that to FlyersFan, apparently that isn't the case.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

God created free will so humans can act as Gods themselves. Ironic fable you have there.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't call myself a Christian, Muslim or Jew. I only study the texts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join