It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Paulides downplays mountain lions!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I've listened to a lot of his interviews,I did'nt so much get the idea that he downplays mountain lions,in general.I rather got the sense that after considering all possible normal explanations,he admits when he is stumped-exactly because he exhaustively searched for rational explanations.Either way,deeply depressing subject matter.a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What would be most helpful of all,imo,would be if the Parks department would keep lists of all the people going missing,which apparently they don't.And start talking about all the mysterious disappearances.From listening to his interviews I have to wonder why they are being so secretive,and why they are so reluctant to release information.If we could have some whistleblowers from their ranks,I think the public may get a huge shock.a reply to: Tangerine

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
What would be most helpful of all,imo,would be if the Parks department would keep lists of all the people going missing,which apparently they don't.And start talking about all the mysterious disappearances.From listening to his interviews I have to wonder why they are being so secretive,and why they are so reluctant to release information.If we could have some whistleblowers from their ranks,I think the public may get a huge shock.a reply to: Tangerine

not only that, but it would be helpful to see if there were similarities between the missing and those found dead. there seems to be some sort of 'conspiracy of silence' going on which, you are right, it is very disturbing

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I think people are misinterpreting the reason behind Paulides' books. As has been said, he makes no assumptions and offers no solutions (beyond occasionally saying what he would have done in terms of an investigation/search).

A lot of reviews or opinions come from people who say "Oh you wrote a Bigfoot book. So, Bigfoot's taking people, huh? You have proof it exists?"
Paulides never once implies Bigfoot is taking anyone. The only time Bigfoot (or possible maybe Bigfoots) are mentioned is if it happens to come up in the actual account. Mostly he uses the terms used in original articles, lays out the facts he's discovered and says "This person disappeared here at this time. Here's the circumstances, here's the search and it's results."

My point? It doesn't really matter who or what is taking these people. Bigfoot, mountain lions, gnomes, 'little people' or whatever. What matters is that there is a criminally negligent attitude towards the disappearances from the higher ups of the Park service which, due to their lack of record keeping and playing down of cases, puts even more people at risk.
If records were kept we'd be able to see who's going and when. And using that we can determine what's causing it and what can be done to prevent it.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JackofBlades

SUPPOSEDLY, David has finally come up with a hypothesis that he is keeping under the wraps until he finishes his next 411 book (it'll be in the book)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I bet he ends up coming to a Supernatural/Cryptid conclusion. Everything Ive read and heard leads to that guess.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What are peoples general thoughts on David's 411 books?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

have not read them yet

have listened to tons of interviews he has done on you tube and was fascinated

but of late, given the cost of importing them to the uk and a minimal required order of 2 books, in order to ship, I have become a little skeptical, specifically when I read a very detailed review on amazon

A review on amazon by a guy named Rob, has made claims on a number of the cases he investigates in the books and information left out, Paulides, does begin debating him in the review section but comes away from the situation looking a little less credible than I had previously considered him to be

now big deal, everyone has skeletons in their closet, and for sure, it was not, that, that bothered me,
it was the context where the reviwer was first addressing the skeleton( not the end of the world in my opinion) but then actually discussing quite a few of the cases themselves, that has given me cause to wonder

many I have heard him speak , of on you tube, sound legitamately strange, especially the ones involving children but it did make me wonder whether, many have made, their way into the book to pad out, the genuinely strange cases

still not sure whether to get them anymore

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dharma Employee

have not read them yet

but of late, given the cost of importing them to the uk and a minimal required order of 2 books, in order to ship, I have become a little skeptical, specifically when I read a very detailed review on amazon

The Book Depository has free worldwide shipping. All the Paulides books are here

I haven't read the books but have heard the interviews and so many of the stories are creepy. And it's hard to think conspiracy/coverup if the parks people really don't have records of these incidents. How could they not have them? Isn't that just common sense if not some regulation to keep track of anything that could be a potential crime?
edit on 5/26/2015 by msfitte because: forgot stuff

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: msfitte

originally posted by: Dharma Employee

have not read them yet

The Book Depository has free worldwide shipping. All the Paulides books are here

I haven't read the books but have heard the interviews and so many of the stories are creepy. And it's hard to think conspiracy/coverup if the parks people really don't have records of these incidents. How could they not have them? Isn't that just common sense if not some regulation to keep track of anything that could be a potential crime?

thanks for that dude, will check that out

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I wonder if they have some type of sinkholes or quicksand that have swallowed people up. Maybe traps laid out by Bigfoot....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join