It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOVIE: HEAVEN IS FOR REAl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

If heaven is real send me to hell, because I don't want to be around most of the people who say they are going to heaven for eternity. Besides, I am always cold, even in 100 degree weather. In hell I could finally get warm!

With that attitude I am sure you will have no problems getting into hell. You will no longer have to worry about getting cold again.

Spoken like a TRUE self-righteous christian.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This video helped refresh my memory a bit on the book. The timeline... It sounds like it was 4 months after the surgery event that Colton started talking about it.

Also, fun to see actual home movie of Colton when he was near the age that this happened. Kind of puts things into context - he was very young, and not especially verbal for his age. Adorable child!
edit on 3-7-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

“People are stupid as pigs,” spat Hitler. “They think it’s all over after death. It goes on.” Judas said Hitler was nothing but a “big mouth” and had “no real say” in Hell.

This was apparently what was recorded during an exorcism of Anneliese Michel in 1975. Regardless if you believe it is true, it has reinforced my belief that Heaven and Hell is really just a mixed bag in the afterlife. I also find the above quote quite comical considering the circumstances it came from a dying, emaciated girl. Not comical because of her state, but by the comedic actions of Judas calling Hitler a 'big mouth'.

It's my belief that everyone ( you too Christians) will get a back stage pass to Hades for an undetermined amount of time. Then a trip to Heaven. After that, you start again. How can one truly appreciate the divine without first experience suffering? It's the Yin Yang and it's all around us. There can be no push without pull. For every great discovery comes an equal evil. It's futile. This life, the afterlife, it doesn't matter. There is no getting away from the Yin Yang.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think such dismissive perspectives do not take into account the personalities involved at all.

I'll have to check the book. I did read it twice. IIRC, it was only some weeks to a few months before the first bit came out from Colton.

Checked. Colton BEGAN the narrative by telling his dad IN THE RECOVERY ROOM of the hospital IMMEDIATELY after his operation that he almost died. His dad couldn't figure out how he knew that. The Dad says that they started PAYING ATTENTION to what Colton was saying 4 months later.

And, the time for the rest of it to come out is not that significant, to me. Such memories are extremely vivid, in most cases . . . perhaps even spiritually assisted, burned-in-hard-wired vivid.

I also have my inner spirit's response and Holy Spirit's response within me as assessment tools. Both were emphatic.

Then there's the impossible features of the story that could not have occurred unless it was true as Colton experienced it.

edit on 3/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

You gather incorrectly. I saw the movie this afternoon and I read the boy's story a while ago.

I like my nonsense far more than your nonsense and my nonsense doesn't damage individuals and society as a whole.

WRONG.

To give folks the idea that what IS TRUE, is NOT true, is extremely damaging to many individuals and to society as a whole.

America is racing to hell in a hand basket because half or more of the people have drank the globalists' 60+ years of propaganda Kool-Aid.

Colton's story was a great recharge to my spirit. It has blessed me immeasurably.

It rings true to me in every detail.

Of course, folks believe a lie every day. But there are consequences for rejecting The Truth and believing lies from hell.

You still have no adequate explanations for Colton knowing details about his Great Granddad--whom he'd never met nor been told diddly squat about, if anything.

Ditto the stillborn sister.

Ditto scenes at the hospital.

Your perspective, to me is an utter 100% fail.

However, if your perspective helps you sleep better temporarily . . . it is certainly your choice.
edit on 3/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: correction

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

You've obviously never had a visit to hell and remembered it.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

If heaven is real send me to hell, because I don't want to be around most of the people who say they are going to heaven for eternity. Besides, I am always cold, even in 100 degree weather. In hell I could finally get warm!

With that attitude I am sure you will have no problems getting into hell. You will no longer have to worry about getting cold again.

Spoken like a TRUE self-righteous christian.

It was dry humor. Can't take a joke? I believe the original post by Calstorm was joking around as well.

Take a breath, everything is OK.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

I believe the Dad related a bit of his crisis of faith but didn't belabor it in the book. And the book didn't elaborate as much as the movie did about the crisis with the church Board.

I believe every detail of the book was exactly as Colton experienced it.

I think that those who disagree with that perspective are not taking Colton's personality into account as well as Colton's experience. Given his experience, he'd not be likely to lie about it, AT ALL.

I don't believe that the sister told Colton about the lost child. No one knew the child's sex. And Colton was too young for the living sister to try and convey such information. She's not that stupid.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

WOW!! As I read your post I got goose bumps!

Listen up ATS members..... If you ever wanted to witness the power of the Holy Spirit working through a human.... well here it is - REREAD BO XIAN POSTS - VERY POWERFUL

God bless you brother

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

You gather incorrectly. I saw the movie this afternoon and I read the boy's story a while ago.

I like my nonsense far more than your nonsense and my nonsense doesn't damage individuals and society as a whole.

WRONG.

To give folks the idea that what IS TRUE, is NOT true, is extremely damaging to many individuals and to society as a whole.

America is racing to hell in a hand basket because half or more of the people have drank the globalists' 60+ years of propaganda Kool-Aid.

Colton's story was a great recharge to my spirit. It has blessed me immeasurably.

It rings true to me in every detail.

Of course, folks believe a lie every day. But there are consequences for rejecting The Truth and believing lies from hell.

You still have no adequate explanations for Colton knowing details about his Granddad--whom he'd never met nor been told diddly squat about, if anything.

Ditto the stillborn sister.

Ditto scenes at the hospital.

Your perspective, to me is an utter 100% fail.

However, if your perspective helps you sleep better temporarily . . . it is certainly your choice.

This is the message I was referring to.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Your "facts" are inaccurate.

The boy did remember . . . earlier than you assert.

He just spread telling it out over the following year . . . because the parents weren't toooo swift on the uptake enough to encourage the boy to be candid about his experiences.

They did manage to wrangle a book contract and movie deal, however.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Thanks for the summary, seems pretty average for an NDE. I like the ones where people are declared dead, sometimes for days, '___' can't be used as an excuse in those instances. Particularly the ones where information is garnered outside of where the body was located and proved to be accurate.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: QuietSpeech

Thanks for the summary, seems pretty average for an NDE. I like the ones where people are declared dead, sometimes for days, '___' can't be used as an excuse in those instances. Particularly the ones where information is garnered outside of where the body was located and proved to be accurate.

The reason I particularly like this one is due to an innocent soul, a young boy, someone who would not be indoctrinated into any faith or into someone's else's beliefs. The way the child discussed the issues. Spoken in a child's voice revealing things the child could never had known.

It is my belief the child is telling the truth and witnessing to those willing to listen.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Am humbled and blessed by your kind and Spirit-led posts.

However, the bulk of the folks tend to cry or seem to want to cry . . .

CRUCIFY HIM!

on reading my posts. LOL.

Of course, we were warned it would be so.

It just grieves me that so many seem to be so WILLFULLY blind . . . or, as The Manual asserts . . . their minds have become darkened.

They really don't seem to have a clue about how reality is constructed.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Obviously you are either uninformed or terminally skeptical and disbelieving of other people's personalities, character and convictions about telling the truth, too.

Evidently your lofty view of reality is the only one you can tolerate as being pristine, perfect, accurate.

Actually, the Coltons had to be persuaded to do the book--more by the Lord than even people. They didn't see themselves as writers. They didn't want the hassles. They were satisfied, comfortable and fulfilled in their Pastoral roles as they were. They didn't want to rock that boat.

Then, situations and events with other people were used of God to persuade them that others' lives would be powerfully and redemptively touched by Colton's story. And they relented and went with it--though still reluctantly at the start.

I realize that given your rigid and narrow mind-set, you can't possibly tolerate the truth of the above. But there it is.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The "ravening wolves" responses that are sooooooooooooo chronically knee-jerk instant from so many on ATS just grieves my spirit; tears at my heart.

They truly do NOT KNOW what they are doing or saying.

They strike out, out of their rebellion, pride, selfish motivations . . . their fierce determination to be their own god . . .

I've had my own pride, rebellion, selfishness rubbed in my face most emphatically by the Faithful Hound of Heaven. It's not fun. But it IS redemptive, when we are willing to learn and grow.

I think Colton's narrative helped me very powerfully when I was discouraged from church poo and related struggles. My spirit just leaped at the truths in it. I rarely read a book twice. I think I've read Colton's parts at least 3 times.

Hope is such a priceless thing.

The naysayers have no hope. They are black smokey colored glasses limited strangers wandering in a strange land pretending that the ugliness and grays they see are meaningless rainbows of inconsequential chance plus time.

How utterly terminally dreary regardless of the psychedelic embellishments they try and tack onto their extremely narrow through-a-straw tunnel vision.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Another thing that grieves me about the responses to Colton's story . . . are the responses from so many "Christians."

Pharisees, actually.

Just because some aspect of it didn't match 100% THEIR PRECONCEIVED PERSONAL CONSTRUCTIONS ON REALITY--they think it can't be true.

HINT FOLKS: GOD IS BIGGER THAN YOU SEEM ABLE TO IMAGINE! HE WON'T FIT IN YOUR BOX!

What happened to being filled enough with Holy Spirit that when something true and edifying . . . as well as from Holy Spirit!!!! . . . comes along . . . why not rejoice first, foremost! Flow with Holy Spirit's majesty, power, wisdom, Life, Joy!

What is this demonic compulsion to throw rocks first? Oh, just that, I guess.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The "ravening wolves" responses that are sooooooooooooo chronically knee-jerk instant from so many on ATS just grieves my spirit; tears at my heart.

They truly do NOT KNOW what they are doing or saying.

They strike out, out of their rebellion, pride, selfish motivations . . . their fierce determination to be their own god . . .

I've had my own pride, rebellion, selfishness rubbed in my face most emphatically by the Faithful Hound of Heaven. It's not fun. But it IS redemptive, when we are willing to learn and grow.

I think Colton's narrative helped me very powerfully when I was discouraged from church poo and related struggles. My spirit just leaped at the truths in it. I rarely read a book twice. I think I've read Colton's parts at least 3 times.

Hope is such a priceless thing.

The naysayers have no hope. They are black smokey colored glasses limited strangers wandering in a strange land pretending that the ugliness and grays they see are meaningless rainbows of inconsequential chance plus time.

How utterly terminally dreary regardless of the psychedelic embellishments they try and tack onto their extremely narrow through-a-straw tunnel vision.

AGAIN LED BY THE SPIRIT!!!!

BEWARE AND LISTEN TO WHAT WAS SPOKEN.

Those who are led by the spirit understand the message given. I hope others see this.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
In the thread about heaven being real, you can't avoid attacking the people that disagree with you....
Is that how your faith teaches to deal with adversity?

Of course not. I am not attacking anyone. Everyone has their own opinion and I accept that.

You appear to be very sensitive and if I offended anyone ......my apologies.

FYI: I use to think like you but here at ATS I have been told you need thick skin if you want to play.

EDIT: It was only humor (dry humor .....maybe)

So you couldn't do your apology without calling me sensitive? That is the point I was making, can't respond without a little jab at the person that disagrees with you.
You do need thick skin here on ATS, which also means you don't attack the poster when they disagree with you.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I think such dismissive perspectives do not take into account the personalities involved at all.

I'll have to check the book. I did read it twice. IIRC, it was only some weeks to a few months before the first bit came out from Colton.

Checked. Colton BEGAN the narrative by telling his dad IN THE RECOVERY ROOM of the hospital IMMEDIATELY after his operation that he almost died. His dad couldn't figure out how he knew that. The Dad says that they started PAYING ATTENTION to what Colton was saying 4 months later.

And, the time for the rest of it to come out is not that significant, to me. Such memories are extremely vivid, in most cases . . . perhaps even spiritually assisted, burned-in-hard-wired vivid.

I also have my inner spirit's response and Holy Spirit's response within me as assessment tools. Both were emphatic.

Then there's the impossible features of the story that could not have occurred unless it was true as Colton experienced it.

The video also reminded me what Colton's verbal skills were like at the time of his NDE. I think this can also explain why it took a long time for his entire story to come out - he simply did not have the words in his vocabulary to describe it.

And you are right that the first mentioned occurred in the hospital immediately after he came to. And then four months later, the parents made a connection that what he was talking about was a NDE.

This family seems very sincere and as I've said I don't think anyone is lying or hoaxing. Thanks for sharing that this NDE has blessed you and enriched your faith... no matter how much people pick it apart, it doesn't really matter. How this story unfolded and how it has been shared with so many is all part of His plan (I believe). This story - the book, the movie, the interviews - reached countless people and gave them hope.

It's not my "favorite" proof-offering NDE... but it is a touching story that I'm glad I had the opportunity to hear.

Oh... I forgot to mention a part of the book I found intriguing. I don't know if this made it into the movie... but Colton would always say that paintings of Jesus didn't quite get it right. That is, until he saw a picture that was painted by a child artist who had visions. This child artist was/is a prodigy and certainly seems spirit-led in her work. That was the only picture of Jesus that Colton said looked like the real Jesus that he met in his NDE.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join