It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no religion like Christianity. Jesus is LOVE!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Unconditional love and forgiveness are vital experiences that grace can give people glimpses of. Christianity is a great religion because it can lead to that. But it can also lead to an us vs them kind of mindset. Especially when politics are mixed in.

Fundamentalism is not compatible with extreme humility, which is a vital ingredient of unconditional love and forgiveness. Unfortunelty, fundamentalism is far too widepread for Christianity to be a fully functional religion for a large diverse population. It's like a disease in the body of Christ.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Well, clearly, your only point in posting this thread was NOT to discuss but to preach. You should have put a caution sign in your OP. WARNING: THE CONTENTS OF THIS THREAD ARE INTENDED TO SERVE AS A SOAPBOX FOR THE WEEKLY ATS SERMON. ALL CRITICAL THINKERS ARE ADVISED TO STEER CLEAR OF THIS AREA.

This is a discussion. I'm asking anyone to show a god who is anything like JESUS.

Sure there may have been stories about humans being gods, but none of them taught that the essence of God is Forgiveness like Jesus The Christ did.

Really? That was some fast research. Did you look up every single name in that list I provided? Or did you expect me to bring it to you on a silver platter? Let me guess, acceptance or rejection of evidence is solely at your discretion as well.
edit on 15-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thats why all TPTB are trying to distance themselves from the "monster" they created and fanned up, and trying to douse the freedom and equality and love and healing and toppling of karma and the box and soul trap they want to impose upon all those who aren't seeking the gnosis within the religion, which in its pure form agrees with the very same outer that you express in the OP. The 2 are in agreement, though not necessarily literal in all aspects that some Christians maintain.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

For Christianity to have a positive cultural influence; it really needs to actually practice the acts of forgiveness it claims to embody.

From my experience on ATS, the Christians I encounter are mean spirited, arrogant and exhibt a "holier than thou" attitude far removed from "forgiveness"

Practice what you preach or stfu!!!

edit on 15-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Except Christianity isn't based on forgiveness, otherwise it would be all-inclusive. If god does not forgive everyone then how is the religion he created based on forgiveness? Yeah, its "poster boy" says to forgive others but the religion surrounding him is not based on forgiveness. It centers more around Paul's teachings than Jesus'.

Christianity is no more unique than any other religion and definitely isn't the only one that tells us to forgive others or love others. Love is universal, everyone knows we should love others and we don't need a book or anyone else to tell us that. Unfortunately most in this word do not bother listening to love or their supposed savior.

God is not in a book or any religion, God is within you and always has been.
edit on 6/15/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Name me one religion that says that God who is Light came into this world to express itself 100% purely through a human body so that all can Know The Light and Have Light (John 1:9 /John 8:12) and told people to turn the other cheek and to NOT resist evil (Matthew 5:39)?

Why are you asking this question? Obviously you already know the answer, as you are quoting text from the bible, no other religions said that.

Which God allowed his enemies to abuse and kill the human body he was using to shine Light into the world and even said that he forgives them when they killed his human body so that he can not only preach but DEMONSTRATE his teachings of the importance of forgiveness (Luke 23:34)?

Wait, so Jesus is god?? I thought he was the son of god. No human being can ever be god, period. They're human.

“And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 NKJV

This is a loaded thread, just because you're Christian doesn't mean everyone else's god is wrong. What's right for you is right for you and what's right for someone else is right is right for them.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Forgiveness means freed from bondage IT DOES NOT mean pardoned of guilt.Everyone (including Christians) are 100% accountable for all of their guilt(the actions you do).

Christianity has not freed anyone from bondage it has bound them into bondage of religion.

Yahoshua never pardoned anyone of guilt he held them accountable for it.He consistently railed on the Jewish religious leaders for their actions.

The majority of all Christianity does not pardon from guilt it accuses and indicts billions.It believes if a person doesn't "believe" certain doctrines their God will unjustly and unmercifully punish them with torture eternally in hell.

The fact is Christianity is the most heinous religion ever.It has caused more pain and suffering in the name of their God than any religion.It claims to believes in one thing (peace,love mercy and justice) and does the opposite.It doesn't matter whatever good they have done a…a tree is known by it's fruit and little leaven will leaven the whole loaf of bread.

The fact is Yahoshua is NOT the founder/leader of Christianity.He was not a "Christian" and neither were the disciples.The apostles did not start Christianity those that John called "antichrist" did.Anti means in place of christ means the anointing.They are "acting"(lieing) in place of the anointing of the creator God.Yahoshua clearly stated who they were

In that day MANY will come "in my name" saying THEY are christ and will deceive many".

Millions to billions of people have been saying this for years yet the Christians can't hear.Christianity is not the solution it is the problem.Millions of people don't dislike and not believe in Christianity because of Jesus or the church but because of the Christian people. They say one thing (peace, love .mercy ,justice and forgiveness) and then do the opposite.It is extremely obvious to most that aren't Christian the disconnect but the believers of Christianity can't see it at all because they are under a strong delusion and believe a lie.

They believe in a "Jesus" that saves them from hell the very place Jesus will sentence them TO if they don't believe in him!!The insanity and perversion of such a doctrine is obvious to a 5 year old yet Christianity believes it with all their heart.

The bottom line is Christianity is a mockery of the creator God.It has hijacked and perverted the scriptures into the doctrines of men just as the Jews before them did and believes that the creator God tacitly approves…..blasphemy.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Wait, so Jesus is god?? I thought he was the son of god. No human being can ever be god, period. They're human.

“And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1 John 5:11-12 NKJV

The Son is The Image of The Invisible God (Colossians 1:15). The Body was physical but The Spirit is not. The physical Jesus is the Son of God (The image of The Invisible God). The Light came into The World so that all who believe may have Light.

Whoever believes in Jesus (what he taught) will have eternal life because Jesus is The Bread of Life but it is up to you to eat it (John 6:47-48).

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
This is a loaded thread, just because you're Christian doesn't mean everyone else's god is wrong. What's right for you is right for you and what's right for someone else is right is right for them.

Truth is Singular (ONE), but there are many different lies.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

There is no baggage of Christianity. At least not as you intend to express. The baggage is of false teachers, false prophets, and false doctrine. We are warned about these things in scripture. For example, the crusades or witch trials were not Christian movements. They were contrary to Christ's teachings, and so the baggage is with those who would distort His message to pursue their own agenda.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The Son is The Image of The Invisible God (Colossians 1:15). The Body was physical but The Spirit is not. The physical Jesus is the Son of God (The image of The Invisible God). The Light came into The World so that all who believe may have Light.

That's right. He came to feel the human experience first hand. He came to conquer the world in the flesh (the devil's domain), and He did. There is but one God; however, this one God is not limited to a single form. He is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; He is the trinity.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

So because its your religion and what you believe to be true, that means that everybody else's beliefs are wrong? Um, no I don't agree with you at all.

This is why I do not like organized religion, because of this high and mighty attitude.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

*starred*
I think that pretty much sums everything up haha. I just wish people had eyes to see...

Btw, I'm still anxiously awaiting your response to my long-winded questions

edit on 15-6-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Forgiveness means freed from bondage IT DOES NOT mean pardoned of guilt.Everyone (including Christians) are 100% accountable for all of their guilt(the actions you do).

Christianity has not freed anyone from bondage it has bound them into bondage of religion.

Yahoshua never pardoned anyone of guilt he held them accountable for it.He consistently railed on the Jewish religious leaders for their actions.

The majority of all Christianity does not pardon from guilt it accuses and indicts billions.It believes if a person doesn't "believe" certain doctrines their God will unjustly and unmercifully punish them with torture eternally in hell.

You are very unfamiliar with the real Christian faith. Even if you have read and/or studied scripture, your understand is deeply skewed. This is indicative of one having bought the lies sold by the propaganda machine.

The only doctrine that must be met in order to enter the kingdom is to accept and receive Christ Jesus as Lord and savior. And that's precisely the thing; we ARE pardoned from hell-fire. Forgiveness cannot be realized without being pardoned. We live under grace, not mercy or justice. The only unforgivable sin is the rejection of Christ's salvation. There will always be consequences for our actions, true, but we also all stumble. As we grow in Him, the Spirit will continue to shape and mature us. We will be disciplined for our wrong doings, but we will also be pruned like flowers in the garden. For a Christian, being disciplined is yet another blessing because will grow from it.

The fact is Christianity is the most heinous religion ever.It has caused more pain and suffering in the name of their God than any religion.It claims to believes in one thing (peace,love mercy and justice) and does the opposite.It doesn't matter whatever good they have done a…a tree is known by it's fruit and little leaven will leaven the whole loaf of bread.

This is not true. The pain and suffering was not in the name of the biblical God. All those atrocities were under false teachings distorted for the agenda of evil forces. We Christians are warned about these false doctrines, teachers, and prophets. We are taught that many will skew the word to do evil in the world. Mark my words, when Joel Osteen is caught in a scandal, he too is a false teacher with an agenda, albeit a less violent example.

Scripture also teaches us that our works cannot get us to heaven lest any man should boast. In other words, to a true bible believing Christian, we cannot be safe in our evil endeavors just because of the good works we have done elsewhere.

The fact is Yahoshua is NOT the founder/leader of Christianity.He was not a "Christian" and neither were the disciples.The apostles did not start Christianity those that John called "antichrist" did.Anti means in place of christ means the anointing.They are "acting"(lieing) in place of the anointing of the creator God.Yahoshua clearly stated who they were

In that day MANY will come "in my name" saying THEY are christ and will deceive many".

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."

- John 1:1-14

The bottom line is Christianity is a mockery of the creator God.It has hijacked and perverted the scriptures into the doctrines of men just as the Jews before them did and believes that the creator God tacitly approves…..blasphemy.

I share in your disdain for false teachings and the impact they have on this world, but I stand firm in my faith in the Jesus of my bible.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Jesus legacy to me is that afterlife is available to those who do good things in this life.
Again whether for control or guidance I find myself at odds with this.

Other legacies include truly believing in God will enlighten you.
That giving and trusting is leagues better than ambition and planning.
Also I have problems with this.

Generally I like the teachings. They advise us to live good life's and looks at higher purposes but always with the warnings of our soul and leave us vulnerable to being controlled.

We see if his legacy of being nice will survive. You would think most people believe in living happy content life's but possibly human ambition will reject that shackle.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

If you are familiar with the teachings of Christianity then you'll note that in reality it is anything but high and mighty. It teaches that God shows no favoritism.

Also, consider this parable, " Two men went up to the temple complex to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee took his stand and was praying like this: ‘God, I thank You that I’m not like other people —greedy, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of everything I get.’

“But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even raise his eyes to heaven but kept striking his chest and saying, ‘God, turn Your wrath from me—a sinner!’ I tell you, this one went down to his house justified rather than the other; because everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted."

-Luke 18:10-14

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Matthew 10:34-39
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn“‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother,a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household. “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

So much love

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aedaeum

*starred*
I think that pretty much sums everything up haha. I just wish people had eyes to see...

The sum is MUCH larger!!...fortunatly the creator God already has it all summed....unfortunately eyes can't see...however the sums can and will be revealed but first 1+1=2 has to be known then
the rest will unveil(usually slowly)
1+2=3
2+3=5
3+5=8
etc etc....to infinity
then it will be so simple only a child can understand it.

originally posted by: Aedaeum
Btw, I'm still anxiously awaiting your response to my long-winded questions

You questions aren't long winded they are sensible so I'm taking my time..I'm almost there...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Forgiveness? where?

“When you approach a city to fight against it, you shall offer it terms of peace. If it agrees to make peace with you and opens to you, then all the people who are found in it shall become your forced labor and shall serve you. However, if it does not make peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. When the LORD your God gives it into your hand, you shall strike all the men in it with the edge of the sword. Only the women and the children and the animals and all that is in the city, all its spoil, you shall take as booty for yourself; and you shall use the spoil of your enemies which the LORD your God has given you. Only in the cities of these peoples that the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, you shall not leave alive anything that breathes” (Deuteronomy 20:10-17

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

My spiritual path is just one of many predating the Abrahamic faiths that teach harmony, forgiveness, and love.

Where do you think Jesus got all those ideas from? The OT god that commanded genocide on a whim? I doubt it. His biggest mistake was not completely distancing his own path from the existing ones at the time.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The LORD is a jealous God, filled with vengeance and wrath. He takes revenge on all who oppose him and furiously destroys his enemies! The LORD is slow to get angry, but his power is great, and he never lets the guilty go unpunished. He displays his power in the whirlwind and the storm. The billowing clouds are the dust beneath his feet. At his command the oceans and rivers dry up, the lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wilt. In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away; the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before his fierce anger? Who can survive his burning fury? His rage blazes forth like fire, and the mountains crumble to dust in his presence. The LORD is good. When trouble comes, he is a strong refuge. And he knows everyone who trusts in him. But he sweeps away his enemies in an overwhelming flood. He pursues his foes into the darkness of night. (Nahum 1:2-8 NLT)

edit on 15-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join