It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no religion like Christianity. Jesus is LOVE!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Name me one religion that says that God who is Light came into this world to express itself 100% purely through a human body so that all can Know The Light and Have Light (John 1:9 /John 8:12) and told people to turn the other cheek and to NOT resist evil (Matthew 5:39)? Which God allowed his enemies to abuse and kill the human body he was using to shine Light into the world and even said that he forgives them when they killed his human body so that he can not only preach but DEMONSTRATE his teachings of the importance of forgiveness (Luke 23:34)?

Name me one religion that is based not on Works or Faith but on FORGIVENESS, that if we forgive others then God will forgive us?

Matthew 6:14-15
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

True Christianity is NOT a copy of older religions. It is unique and is the only religion based on a system of FORGIVENESS which is true love demonstrated by Jesus Christ as he forgave all his enemies as they beat him and even crucified him.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

The agnostic one

How about people just love and forgive cause that is the right thing to do. Don't need to have religion shoved down our throats and dedicate our lives to 1 single entity for us to figure that out, well IMO anyway

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Tell me one religion where Mohammad is said to be a messenger of god and that god's name is Allah.

Every religion is unique in its own way, but just because they are unique doesn't mean they or their book is 100% right. I think that would be considered an argument from ignorance, no offense to you.
edit on 6/15/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Will stick with rinzai zen... its good you have faith / belief in something .. but not all of us need nor want to be converted ..

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If given that all you say is true, it would be very nice. However all the rest of the baggage of Christianity makes it smell to high heaven. Let's not bother with THAT list, ok?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Tell me one religion where Mohammad is said to be a messenger of god and that god's name is Allah.

I get what you are saying, I really do, but even if you ignore the name of "Jesus" or that God is "Light" and you focus only on The TEACHINGS of Christ, you will see that it is unique to Christianity.

All other religions are based on Faith, that The God exists and will reward you for Loyalty, or on Works, that The God exists and will repay you for your actions.

Christianity is the only one based on a system of Forgiveness - Forgive and you will be Forgiven (Matthew 6:14).

Christianity is the only one where The God expresses itself through a human, gets killed and Forgives his enemies WHILE being killed instead of fighting back against them. Every other religions is about a War between Good and Evil.

Jesus taught us NOT to pick up the sword, turn the other cheek, resist NOT evil, and keep Forgiving because THAT is true love.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I get what you are saying, I really do, but even if you ignore the name of "Jesus" or that God is "Light" and you focus only on The TEACHINGS of Christ, you will see that it is unique to Christianity.

All other religions are based on Faith, that The God exists and will reward you for Loyalty, or on Works, that The God exists and will repay you for your actions.

Christianity is the only one based on a system of Forgiveness - Forgive and you will be Forgiven (Matthew 6:14).

Christianity is the only one where The God expresses itself through a human, gets killed and Forgives his enemies WHILE being killed instead of fighting back against them. Every other religions is about a War between Good and Evil.

Jesus taught us NOT to pick up the sword, turn the other cheek, resist NOT evil, and keep Forgiving because THAT is true love.

Sounds like Buddhism to me.

Also, do we REALLY need another one of these threads? There's already dozens. This conversation has happened dozens of times before. No need to even post this thread. It's already happened, flamewars and stalemates and all. This is pointless.
edit on 15-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Seriously, what's the point of this thread? Not enough people kissing Jesus's ass?

This is a response to all of those being tricked into seeing Jesus Christ in a different way. Once people see Jesus Christ in a different way then it is easy to claim him as a copy of other gods.

His Message and Life is way different from any other 'god'.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

And when you say Christianity you mean Catholicisms too right?
Forgiveness is a key part of that religion as well. I don't know it well enough to say it is based on it, i think fear is in there too, but i do know enough to say it is rather key

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Name me one religion that is based not on Works or Faith but on FORGIVENESS

There was actually a whole bunch of philosophies which included forgiveness prior to the spread of Christianity through Europe and America.

Some basic research on the golden rule will show that it didn't take humans 100, 000 years to come up with the concept of forgiveness, reciprocity, and a bunch of other things.

Hell even the Atheists aren't saying anything new.

"All religions are equally sublime to the ignorant, useful to the politician, and ridiculous to the philosopher." ... Chris Hitchens? Karl Marx? Roman philosopher (99-55 BC).

Guilt?

"Never hope to conceal any shameful thing which you have done; for even if you do conceal it from others, your own heart will know." ... sounds pretty Jesus like. Nope, Isocrates (436 - 338 BC).

Love?

"If you wish to be loved, love" ... Was Jesus? No, secular Roman philosopher.

It shouldn't really be seen as an attack on Christianity or any other religion, it's actually kind of reassuring that we came up with this stuff before 1 C.E.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Name me one religion that is based not on Works or Faith but on FORGIVENESS, that if we forgive others then God will forgive us?

You can forgive people all you want, but without a saving faith in Jesus Christ, all of that forgiveness with be in vain. Atheists are certainly capable of forgiving people, and they do it all the time, just like everyone else. Just because they forgive doesn't mean that God will forgive them, unless of course they repent of their unbelief and put their faith in Jesus Christ.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Seriously, what's the point of this thread? Not enough people kissing Jesus's ass?

This is a response to all of those being tricked into seeing Jesus Christ in a different way. Once people see Jesus Christ in a different way then it is easy to claim him as a copy of other gods.

His Message and Life is way different from any other 'god'.

Chrishna of Hindostan.
Budha Sakia of India.
Salivahana of Bermuda.
Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
Odin of the Scaudinavians.
Crite of Chaldea.
Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
Baal and Taut, "the only Begotten of God," of Phenicia.
Indra of Thibet.
Bali of Afghanistan.
Jao of Nepaul.
Wittoba of the Bilingonese.
Thammuz of Syria.
Atys of Phrygia.
Xaniolxis of Thrace.
Zoar of the Bonzes.
Adad of Assyria.
Deva Tat, and Sammonocadam of Siam.
Alcides of Thebes.
Mikado of the Sintoos.
Beddru of Japan.
Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
Cadmus of Greece.
Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
Divine Teacher of Plato.
Holy One of Xaca.
Fohi and Tien of China.
Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
IxiOn and Quirinus of Rome.
Prometheus of Caucasus.
Mohamud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of God; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian's bible to Jesus Christ; many of them, like him, are reported to have been crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian's Savior.

There's no reason to believe that your god is more powerful, more important, more benevolent, or more real than any other god in any of the cultures found through the history of Earth. And the people who believe in and worship those gods have just as much reason as you do in worshipping yours. So what makes their god less real, less meaningful? What makes your god less real or meaningful in their eyes? Strikes me as more of a psychosis than anything else.

Like that optical illusion. Is the animal in the picture a duck, or a rabbit? Depends on how you tilt your head when you look at it. It also depends what you're hunting.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime

You can forgive people all you want, but without a saving faith in Jesus Christ, all of that forgiveness with be in vain.

1 John 4:7-8
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

You can call Jesus "Lord, Lord" all you want , but you only have faith in Jesus Christ as you Lord when you do the things he says

Luke 6:46
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Matthew 6:14-15
For if ye forgive men their trespasses your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

originally posted by: Pinke

Name me one religion that is based not on Works or Faith but on FORGIVENESS

There was actually a whole bunch of philosophies which included forgiveness prior to the spread of Christianity through Europe and America.

Some basic research on the golden rule will show that it didn't take humans 100, 000 years to come up with the concept of forgiveness, reciprocity, and a bunch of other things.

The Golden Rule is about Justice, treating people as you would like to be treated. Jesus Christ is taught this, but more specifically he taught that God forgives those who forgive.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme it takes faith to be forgiven. You are correct Jesus is love. There are several processes that we go through and call love so it leaves much room for interuptation.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Did any of those Gods teach Forgiveness and live their lives be an example of Forgiveness? Did any of them tell their enemies that they are forgiven while being killed? Did any of them teach that in order to be forgiven you must forgive?

JESUS is unique in his Perfect Mercy and there is no one else who compares.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: AfterInfinity

Did any of those Gods teach Forgiveness and live their lives be an example of Forgiveness? Did any of them tell their enemies that they are forgiven while being killed? Did any of them teach that in order to be forgiven you must forgive?

JESUS is unique in his Perfect Mercy and there is no one else who compares.

Well, clearly, your only point in posting this thread was NOT to discuss but to preach. You should have put a caution sign in your OP. WARNING: THE CONTENTS OF THIS THREAD ARE INTENDED TO SERVE AS A SOAPBOX FOR THE WEEKLY ATS SERMON. ALL CRITICAL THINKERS ARE ADVISED TO STEER CLEAR OF THIS AREA.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Thank you for your post.

I think Matthew 6:14-15 is a very profound statement. It is something you feel and is confirmed, and something probably everyone battles with every day. You are angry toward others about their offenses, yet it it likely that you have committed the same offenses. And even if you did not, carrying that anger can be a heavy burden. Buddhists hold similar views.

I think there are many profound things written in the bible, on the the other hand, I think there are also many notions carried by 'religious' people that may be detrimental, in the sense that it is not in accord with reality. But this is not necessarily due to the teachings of Jesus 'The Savior', and possibly due more to the 'culture' that developed.

I think churches can be a good way for people to get together, but not all churches are the same. Some are more delusional than others. If they could focus on the more meaningful messages like you mention, and not some of the more no-so- ones, that would be good.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Well, clearly, your only point in posting this thread was NOT to discuss but to preach. You should have put a caution sign in your OP. WARNING: THE CONTENTS OF THIS THREAD ARE INTENDED TO SERVE AS A SOAPBOX FOR THE WEEKLY ATS SERMON. ALL CRITICAL THINKERS ARE ADVISED TO STEER CLEAR OF THIS AREA.

This is a discussion. I'm asking anyone to show a god who is anything like JESUS.

Sure there may have been stories about humans being gods, but none of them taught that the essence of God is Forgiveness like Jesus The Christ did.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat
How does the teachings of Jesus work with the Old Testament where God is portrayed as a jealous, hateful anf vengeful deity? Surely if you believe in Jesus, the Old Testament should be removed from the Bible?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Then someone really needs to get the word out to Christians about the forgiveness part. As the history of Christianity is very warlike and bloody against non Christians.

www.history.com...

and lets take a look at some torture devices used in the inquisition to bring the profane to Christ.

listverse.com...

Denying history of a culture or religion just isn't cool.

I realize that you are witnessing and trying to bring the message, but from the post and threads authored by most Christians on this site; they certainly didn't get the message of forgiveness because they are insulting, arrogant and mean spirited. Not a great way to win converts to Christ.
edit on 15-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join