It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no religion like Christianity. Jesus is LOVE!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Consider it this way. They preached being Good for society and because it seemed right spiritually. People saw these teachings would be better and were morally right. However it set us on a path of comfort and acceptance which encouraged governments. It has created a split where those who succeed don't get bothered by those who don't.

There is always the or they knew this would be the case. Maybe because they thought a gentile society was more controllable or trying to make us accept our lot in belief of more to come.

Was this right in any case. Is it right for society to accept its place taking comfort in God or should we have been taught differently like evolving our society and looking to accomplish great deeds is something we should struggle for.
edit on 15-6-2014 by guidetube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
OP.

And Sikhism preaches oneness with god and everything. What Is love and what is oneness? Is not perfect love between two beings Oneness? Love on that level makes the boundaries between two beings disappear and separation is no longer possible.

An example.

There is beauty hidden in many religions but it all in the end come from the same spiritual source.
edit on 15-6-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Atzil321

Any teaching you accept will automatically put you against someone else. If the religious are telling you to judge and condemn others and Jesus Christ is telling you not to judge and condemn, then yes, that will cause a separation between the two groups,

Those who condemn and those who do not condemn.
Those who forgive and those who do not forgive.
Those who bless those who curse them and those who curse those who curse them.

=======
=======

a reply to: Rex282

originally posted by: Rex282

Forgiveness means freed from bondage IT DOES NOT mean pardoned of guilt.Everyone (including Christians) are 100% accountable for all of their guilt(the actions you do).

Liberation means freedom from bondage. Forgiveness means pardoned from fault. You called liberation 'forgiveness' and then said that there is no forgiveness.

Yahoshua never pardoned anyone of guilt he held them accountable for it.He consistently railed on the Jewish religious leaders for their actions.

What about John 8:1-11 where Jesus forgave the adultress instead of stoning her to death like the religious wanted him to do?

The majority of all Christianity does not pardon from guilt it accuses and indicts billions.It believes if a person doesn't "believe" certain doctrines their God will unjustly and unmercifully punish them with torture eternally in hell.

Interesting that you say "their God". God forgives sin but you must accept that you are forgiven, you are not forced to believe so. You must also forgive others to be forgiven (Matthew 6:14-15)

The fact is Christianity is the most heinous religion ever.It has caused more pain and suffering in the name of their God than any religion.It claims to believes in one thing (peace,love mercy and justice) and does the opposite.It doesn't matter whatever good they have done a…a tree is known by it's fruit and little leaven will leaven the whole loaf of bread.

Christianity (The Teachings of Christ) did not do that. People claiming to be Christians did, but not everyone who calls Jesus "Lord, Lord" is Christian (Matthew 7:21).

The fact is Yahoshua is NOT the founder/leader of Christianity.

I know he isn't. The founder of Christianity is named Jesus (Yeshu) which means "Salvation".There is no "a" in Jesus name. In the Bible it is written as "iesous" with an "ie/ye" not "ia/yah". The -s was added because that is how names are written in Greek. His name is iesous (Yeshu / Jesus).

Yahoshua clearly stated who they were

In that day MANY will come "in my name" saying THEY are christ and will deceive many".

Millions to billions of people have been saying this for years yet the Christians can't hear.Christianity is not the solution it is the problem.

So, the real Jesus is the one who claims to not be the founder of Christianity and who influences others to believe that Christinaity is not the solution but the problem. Interesting.

They say one thing (peace, love .mercy ,justice and forgiveness) and then do the opposite.It is extremely obvious to most that aren't Christian the disconnect but the believers of Christianity can't see it at all because they are under a strong delusion and believe a lie.

Many of these people claiming to be Christian never prayed to Jesus asking for clarity on who he truly is or his teachings, nor did they actually read his teaching in The Sermon on The Mount.

Like I said before, not everyone who calls Jesus "lord" or claims to be a Christian really is.

They believe in a "Jesus" that saves them from hell the very place Jesus will sentence them TO if they don't believe in him!!

True, but what does it mean to believe in Jesus? It means to believe in his word. If you don't believe that have to treat others as you would like to be treated, or that you have to love your neighbour or forgive your enemy then you will have many troubles in life.

The bottom line is Christianity is a mockery of the creator God.It has hijacked and perverted the scriptures into the doctrines of men just as the Jews before them did and believes that the creator God tacitly approves…..blasphemy.

The Pharisees who hated Jesus said the same thing. They called his teachings blasphemy and claimed he was possessed by a demon. They wanted him dead. Jesus is The Bread of Life. (John 6:35) He said "truly I tell you, before Abraham, I AM" (John 8:58) and when he said this they tried to stone him (John 8:59), why? Because they found it blasphemous that he was calling himself God. . Jesus said that all who came before him were robbers and thieves (John 10:8). There is only ONE instructor and ONE teacher (Matthew 23:10/Matthew 23:8). Jesus is The Light of The World who came into the world so that we won't have to walk in darkness (John 8:12).

edit on 15-6-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
"And you will see them by their works...." Matt. I believe. There are many that follow Christ's teaching. There are many that do not. The same could be said for any religion. Nature of the beast I guess. I'm not a fan of religion. Faith? Yes. Religion? Not so much. Too much human dogma infused. That's why I lean towards Buddhism. I don't believe it's a religion. It's a way thinking, living. Philosophy, not religion.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Tell me one religion where god doesn't oversee/watch on a daily basis, children and babies suffering from terminal diseases, famine, rape, neglect and torture?

If I'm wrong and there really is a god, I want nothing to do with him. Ever.

You religious folk really need to open your eyes and think for yourselves.

Although I do agree that religion/faith has many positives for many people, and that's great.

But the bottom line, the black and white is;

Religion is the abomination of humanity, it always has been.

This is NOT a Christian bashing reply, it is what I deem (as an ex Christian) to be true.

Fyi 180+ children died from famine in the time it took to post this. And many other children are being abused and raped AS I TYPE THIS, ALL DAY, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Go god, you sound like a top bloke!

edit on 15/6/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123 Well you should give some thoughts on how you would do everything different than him. Being a parent is not easy and i could not imagine trying to juggle all things for all people. Maybe there is a need for suffering that you can not see. Perhaps when people abuse his words and laws to a great extent they die and realize what they have done and then go and beg for his mercy and he puts them through some of this evil around us in hopes that you will understand.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atzil321
Matthew 10:34-39
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn“‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother,a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household. “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

So much love

This too is taken out of context in an attempt to distort the word against itself. Jesus did not come to bring peace to the Earth because it is the devil's domain. He came to prepare us for the kingdom where peace resides in abundance. If you are aware of Jesus' teaching style, precisely as prophecy foretold in the Old Testament, then you'll note His sermons are full of parables, analogies, and metaphors. In this, the sword is the word. The enemies are those under the deception of the evil of this world. He's telling us that everything belongs to God, and if we love God less than those things, we have already lost ourselves because this life on Earth is temporary while our lives in His kingdom are eternal. Taking up the cross is submitting yourself to His will. This includes humility, long-suffering, selflessness, etc.

Also, within the sermon on the mount (Mathew 5:43-48), Jesus tells us, "You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. For He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward will you have? Don’t even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing out of the ordinary? Don’t even the Gentiles do the same? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

So perhaps you perceive an enemy differently than a bible believing Christian...?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

I was going to respond to Atzil321 but I decided not to because I didn't want to make my reply longer than what it already was. I will do so now.

The Sword isn't physical. It is not about violence. We are warned that all those who take up the sword will die by the sword (Matthew 26:52).

Jesus said this: "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44

The sword represents division.

You can choose to turn the other cheek or get revenge.
You can choose to treat others as you'd like to be treated or not.
You can choose to focus on loving others or hating others.

This is the division. This is the difference between those acting as a Child of God and those who are not.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18038745]JohnFisher[/post

Thankyou for your kind reply.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Tell me one religion where Mohammad is said to be a messenger of god and that god's name is Allah.

I get what you are saying, I really do, but even if you ignore the name of "Jesus" or that God is "Light" and you focus only on The TEACHINGS of Christ, you will see that it is unique to Christianity.

All other religions are based on Faith, that The God exists and will reward you for Loyalty, or on Works, that The God exists and will repay you for your actions.

Christianity is the only one based on a system of Forgiveness - Forgive and you will be Forgiven (Matthew 6:14).

Christianity is the only one where The God expresses itself through a human, gets killed and Forgives his enemies WHILE being killed instead of fighting back against them. Every other religions is about a War between Good and Evil.

Jesus taught us NOT to pick up the sword, turn the other cheek, resist NOT evil, and keep Forgiving because THAT is true love.

You might want to look into Buddha's teachings 600 years prior....

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

I was going to respond to Atzil321 but I decided not to because I didn't want to make my reply longer than what it already was. I will do so now.

The Sword isn't physical. It is not about violence. We are warned that all those who take up the sword will die by the sword (Matthew 26:52).

Jesus said this: "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44

The sword represents division.

You can choose to turn the other cheek or get revenge.
You can choose to treat others as you'd like to be treated or not.
You can choose to focus on loving others or hating others.

This is the division. This is the difference between those acting as a Child of God and those who are not.
'

The sword is a symbot of the intellect.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well thank you for thanking me!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I thank you for the follow up. The way you explained the sword was short and sweet, but it was also more informative.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
You might want to look into Buddha's teachings 600 years prior....

Buddha did not teach that there is a God and God is Light and Love, and Love is Forgiveness so we should live in that way to glorify God.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

You can forgive people all you want, but without a saving faith in Jesus Christ, all of that forgiveness with be in vain. Atheists are certainly capable of forgiving people, and they do it all the time, just like everyone else. Just because they forgive doesn't mean that God will forgive them, unless of course they repent of their unbelief and put their faith in Jesus Christ.
Atheists may say that they forgive, and maybe do, in some circumstances, but I suspect that it would not be complete, as it would have to be for it to be equal to God's.
And I think that is the thing, that we should be like God, but we can't as long as we are living as a natural man.
Becoming a spiritual man takes having the spirit of God that can only come through Jesus.
This is where Faith comes in, that we believe in Jesus and how he died for us, and then was risen, not just from death in a temporary way, but in a eternal form, and is with God, and our communion with each other and the sharing in that blood (symbolically) puts us in communion with God to a type of righteousness that is not available by any other means.
edit on 15-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Yes jesus, being god really is love, the love that must have coursed through
the almighty as he sent those bears to murder children for mocking a man,
that my friends is love, a love so vast and deep bears are involved.

I really am sick of people simply ignoring the incest, murder, horrid atrocities
and the likes in these books, be honest and admit that at best god is masochistic
just like rulers throughout history, don't just nit pick the lovey dovey stuff.
there is plenty of murder and mayhem that is god approved or carried out.
edit on 16-6-2014 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Although no longer a Christian of ther three desert religions Christianity and its charity and respect for people of other religions, without poking a gun up their nostril to get them to convert or trying to exploit the goy is way ab ove the other two in my book.

How it compares to other Eastern religions though I would imagine it seems to have a common link to man y of them.

Problem with all religions though is that they separate people into religious snobs and can escalate that opinion into something to make idiots go to war over. Go back some 80 odd years, which is not so long in the general span of time and within christianity you will find the Baptists, Methodists, Christadelphiniams, Chapel, Central Church, High Church etc and were one Baptist, one certainly could not marry a Methodist - they were foreigners fer Ch…ts sake! Amazing attitude when you consider they all sat down and listened to the church's teachings about love.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: OpenEars123 Well you should give some thoughts on how you would do everything different than him. Being a parent is not easy and i could not imagine trying to juggle all things for all people. Maybe there is a need for suffering that you can not see. Perhaps when people abuse his words and laws to a great extent they die and realize what they have done and then go and beg for his mercy and he puts them through some of this evil around us in hopes that you will understand.

What a terrible reply.

There is no reason ever, that a child needs to suffer any of those things.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

He came to feel the human experience first hand.

So "God" got curious and bored and decided to come to earth to experience what it felt like to a human? Well, so now he knows what all the hype is about, I guess.......

He came to conquer the world in the flesh (the devil's domain), and He did.

How do you figure that? He did get betrayed and nailed to cross, where he, supposedly, died. He didn't conquer death if he died, even if he reanimated his used, dead body, he's "God" so no big deal. Anywho, he raised dead people while he was alive, supposedly, and so did Paul and Elijah, so why did "God" have to die, again?

There is but one God; however, this one God is not limited to a single form. He is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; He is the trinity.

Why stop at three manifestation? That's so 2 dimensional! Sounds as if God IS limited.....

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123It would be terrible if that were true and it very well may be so bringing it up should not be terrible. Let's say that someone killed several of your closest friends and relitives then kills himself. What should happen to that person. Should they be allowed to come back in this world and pretend like nothing ever happened and mean while you spend everyday in regret? Don't you think there should be some type of spiritual justice if it is in fact true that there is an afterlife?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join