It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of "Gay" "Athiests" or "alternative" lifestyles.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

church gurl!

Plus this Gay Mafia thing...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Oops!
edit on 9-6-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: OrphanApology

church gurl!

Plus this Gay Mafia thing...

Just proves how desperate they are ... they're quoting Bill Maher as an authority on the subject, LOL.

Talk about something burning when it comes out ... sheesh.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Amen!

Whoops! I'm not allowed to use that word, am I?

Right on!

What we're seeing is a minority of bigots who simply cannot stand that the tide of public opinion is turning against them and toward equality for all regardless of their tactics.

There's almost a kind of desperation in the air, don't you think?

PS, you do know that I was defending your use of the word and not disagreeing with you, right?

edit on 22Mon, 09 Jun 2014 22:14:41 -050014p102014666 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Annee

Amen!

Whoops! I'm not allowed to use that word, am I?

Right on!

What we're seeing is a minority of bigots who simply cannot stand that the tide of public opinion is turning against them and toward equality for all regardless of their tactics.

There's almost a kind of desperation in the air, don't you think?

PS, you do know that I was defending your use of the word and not disagreeing with you, right?

YES, YES, YES, YES

Exactly what YOU said.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Soon, if not already, that lifestyle that was considered normal not too long ago will be the alternative.

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Soon, if not already, that lifestyle that was considered normal not too long ago will be the alternative.

So again, apparently, the gay and now the atheist "lifestyles" are so absolutely fabulous that everyone is just going to set aside nature and their faith and join in???

Well over 80 percent of Americans are Bible-bleeving Christians, and 90-95 percent of the population identifies itself as straight.

I think you guys are pretty safe in your overwhelming majority for quite some time to come, honestly.

Boy! I try to use a "weed" analogy to be as neutral as possible and someone claims I'm suggesting to treat gays like weeds and exterminate them. Then someone else tries to make me seem ignorant of Native American history and now somebody is trying to put me in the liberal camp by using a quote from me!

I give up!
edit on 9-6-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

edit on 9-6-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

edit on 9-6-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Arrgh! Another typo - it's getting late

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Estimates of the LGBT population in America runs from a conservative 1.7% to as high as 19% according to which poll you read.. That seems like an awfully small group to be making such big waves!
The majority of people I've met in my life could care less who somebody else chooses to have a relationship with, unless it's their own child. I'm sure people on both sides of the issue can understand the parental concern.

SOMEBODY is using what should be a non-issue to divide the American people, and as long as we focus on differences we will never unite on the many more similarities we have. BOTH sides are guilty of stirring controversy, which ultimately causes an even greater separation of mankind.

Orphan repeatedly used the 'Q' word. It's okay for a gay person to call another that, just as black people have no problem calling each other the 'N' word. Let a straight person use the 'Q' word, and nine times out of ten you will have kicked a hornets nest. Same with a 'whitey' using the 'N' word.
Until we accept that we are all human spirits, regardless of the color of our body, our religious beliefs(as long as they lived through love and peace), what gender we identify with, who we spend our life with, we will continue to be divided.
I really believe the news media, and our spiritual and political leaders could do much to unite humanity. Why we are being led down the opposite path from peace and unity should be the topic here; not arguing over petty little crap until it become petty big crap, then war and violence.

I'm not surprised that a lot of LGBT people are atheists. I'm not surprised that church numbers are dwindling.They don't seem to want to preach love as much as judgement of others that don't think like they teach you think.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yes another gay bashing thread posted by insecure WASP, gay agenda, gay mafia, gay bullies, should this be in the joke section.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I agree with what you wrote but I just wanted to say that I don't think queer is a slur.

Unless I am missing something.

It's normally used to identify all things LGBT and everything in between. It's also used as an adjective for various studies. I.E. Queer studies(yes there are queer studies).

Unless something changed and the news didn't travel fast enough to Texas.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I'm not surprised that a lot of LGBT people are atheists.

Do you have any statistics on this.

Just curious. All the LGBT I know are Christian.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

If religion gets a forum, perhaps we can ask the owners to start a Gay Bashing forum, its become literally unbearable to read this rubbish lately. And I'm one of those members who can't stand when someone says "ATS has has gone downhill lately" but this gay bashing stuff is intolerable and I don't see what it has to do with Above Top secret. Make the forum, and out the haters or stop these repulsive hate threads.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
People should be free to agree or disagree or like or dislike any type of lifestyle.

Society seems to punish those that don't agree with the current societal meme, however.

As I've stated in the past, I think gays should be defending persecuted Christians only because homosexuals have been persecuted themselves for centuries.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I too am fed up of it and have been on a crusade to show the hypocrites that are the Christian right in America, they are almost as bad as those muslim fundies.
But I don't hate them, I pray they find the path to love and release the hate from their hearts. So much hate for their fellow man will not give them grace in heaven.
I believe that all man and women are born equal and that it's our souls that are in union through love regardless of sexual orientation, our souls are sexless.
I love all beings male and female equally, I love my male friends as much as my female friends because they all enrich my life.
But I am a heterosexual male and as such I have had many sins of the flesh as a young man, but no-one judges me but my creator.
None of us are perfect beings but only through compassion and understanding can we truly move forward as a species and accepting people for who they choose to be should be fought for and not segregated against.

We all have the capacity for good we only need the light to lead us the way. Man of Steel.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

A noble and compassionate sentiment. THANK you

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
In reference to my last post.

I can see now how Gryphon66 was actually placing me in the conservative camp by quoting me.

Either way I resent how people are misrepresenting my statements.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
originally posted by: txinfidel

You are quite right, but it really doesn't matter that you're right. Look at all the comments here that refuse to address your point. It makes me think of people who don't really want to take note of what you said and have a conversation.

I hope to Heaven that I am wrong, but I try to go with the evidence, and I've been given some new evidence on this issue. I really do hope that someone can show me that I'm wrong, not with name calling or dodging the issue, but with thoughtful, relevant information.

The new information was primarily three words: "We are enemies." That was like a cold shower, but it made things fit into place. This was never about "tolerance," or "acceptance," or even "equal rights." There was never any serious effort to persuade people to be brothers. They have declared war, and calling them hypocrites, even if it is true, will have absolutely no effect.

The goal, as I have seen presented in a number of places is to have people with( "alternative sexual proclivities?") declared a specially protected group. This would provide privileges not available to heterosexuals, in short winning a triumph over them.

Anything is legitimate to that group if it improves their chances to win their victory. Most people remember Branden Eich who was tossed out of his job as CEO of Mozilla after two weeks on the job. His offense was donating $1000 to Proposition 8 (for the wrong side). There wasn't any reference to it until 6 years later when his contribution was discovered. Interestingly enough, the donation was made at the very same time that Obama was delivering remarks supporting traditional marriage.

Eich was taken out as an object lesson to others, Obama was left in because he was seen as useful to the cause.

Do you know the most powerful lobby in the entertainment business? Bigger than blacks or women's lib or any nationalist or racist group. It's the gays. If you don't have the approval of the Gay Media Task Force, you don't go on the air.
James Komack - Gay Media

loonybird.com...

FMR. REP. TOM DAVIS (R-VA): Because he gave $1,000 eight years ago and it's come back to haunt him.

CARRIE SHEFFIELD, FORBES: Well, and he gave it when President Obama was still against gay marriage. So, I don't think it's very fair.

MAHER: Good point. Also, I think there is a gay mafia. I think if you cross them, you do get whacked.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

And with that accurate assessment, Maher joined Andrew Sullivan, a high-profile, sodomy-based marriage activist, in castigating the intolerant homofascist thugs that destroyed a good man merely on the basis of his beliefs:

"The whole episode disgusts me – as it should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society. If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out. If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us."

barbwire.com...

When you ask "How does this help your cause?" you're asking the wrong question. There is little, if any interest in persuading or teaching people. This is a war they have declared, and it doesn't fit with their goals to be nice to the enemy.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. Please, somebody give me some evidence that I am. I don't care for this new position I'm being forced into.

P.s. Interesting. When I click on preview, my links show but none of the quotes from those links appear. Well, I'll submit it anyway and see what happens. It can't be an internal censorship program, and my brackets look all right.
edit on 9-6-2014 by charles1952 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Topics like these puts everyone on defensive.

Reading your weed analogy I think you were just trying to say that gay rights etc. are inevitable and will take over even though some will try and kill off those ideas with various strategies(like weed killer).

Correct me if I am wrong.

I would have gone with tidal wave but that's just me.

Just sayin'.

edit on 9-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

I agree with what you wrote but I just wanted to say that I don't think queer is a slur.

Unless I am missing something.

It's normally used to identify all things LGBT and everything in between. It's also used as an adjective for various studies. I.E. Queer studies(yes there are queer studies).

Unless something changed and the news didn't travel fast enough to Texas.

Orphan, I have people in my life that are LGLBT. If somebody were to call them the 'Q" would, believe me it would be taken as an insult and a slur.
Maybe the Texan GLBT folk don't take offense at being called that, but I know they do in Seattle, Spokane, Montana, Idaho,Oregon and Alaska. I somehow think even you might be offended if I walked up to you in a social setting and called you the 'Q' word, Texan or not.
GLBT use it as an adjective for 'studies'; it is only considered offensive if a straight person does it.
The GBLT people I know call each other that in greeting all the time, but a straight person is not allowed to say it.
It sets a wall up between humans, and it's a shame we build more walls than we remove.

edit on 10000001111America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I just use it out of laziness.

There's so many labels these days that one day I said "screw it", now I just call everyone in the community queer. Easier and takes less time. I wasn't aware it's a slur.

I have had straight friends that have stated I was "queer" but mostly they just say "lesbian" or simply that I have a girlfriend. I think it also matters probably the context someone is saying something to you. When my friends called me that it was without malice. I am sure if I was being beat up and someone was saying the word it would take on new meaning at that point in time.

I know F-- is a slur and a few others but wasn't aware of queer being that way.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: nugget1

I'm not surprised that a lot of LGBT people are atheists.

Do you have any statistics on this.

Just curious. All the LGBT I know are Christian.

I am only judging by the number of posters on ATS that say they are atheist and GBLT.
There are a great many threads (fights) on ATS over the whole GBLT issue, and it's quite rare for to read a post by a GBLT saying they are Christian, or believe in religion as anything more than a fairy tale.
Read through this thread, and see how many have professed a belief in Christianity.
Read through the many threads on here, and you will see where I formed my opinion.
If it is wrong, and there are actual statistics to support the majority of the GLBT community being Christian, feel free to shoot me.

edit on 1u1111America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join