It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.T.s. Turn out the lights. They may not be coming...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The aliens are deeply involved with the world. Intelligence has nothing to do with it - unless what intelligence we have is put in their service. They are creating hybrids so that when civilization collapses these hybrids can act as an interface between us and the aliens. In this way they plan to gain influence in the world. Their plan is evil.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
a reply to: cocotutchn

If I'm going to be perfectly honest, our race as a whole IS NOT intelligent. Yes we can walk, talk, eat, think and all the rest, but we make the wrong choices. It must be thousands of scientists by now, who've said that we need to look after our one home in the Universe or we'll be up the deep-end of S**t Creek without a paddle to get ourselves out of it. And that's just putting it mildly.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

.... and when everybody grasps what you're saying

then acts in an appropriate way

.... doors will open

ERGO JUST SAYING

Our failure is not so much a failure of intelligence. We ARE intelligent - our failure is moral failure.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts ET would not be interested in interfering with our development.

They are interfering on a very deep level. See my two posts above this one.
edit on 9-6-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Earth is incredibly violent and only getting worse, so it makes sense.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: EnPassant

What is your source of that information? (hybrids...)

Bashar also says the same: that eventually we will mix with another race...But as i don´t see myself as a human but a "spirit" i haven nothing against mixing with a race which is far more advanced and has MUCH MUCH more fun lol

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Unless the aliens look like weather balloons or Chinese lantirns. There's no such thing, all that exists is what we have right now. Space??? BAHH

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Evil? Honestly, I personally believe the duality between evil and good is quite subjective based on individuals human perceptions. The same as intelligence is based only on humans perceived comparison IQ scales. Regarding both, morality and intelligence, we are limited by our own limitating perceptions.

Certainly, alien species have their own perceptions. I can't respond to hybridization, since I am still only hypothesizing on alien visitation to earth in the first place. In that frame of thought, if it is occurring, how do you know it is not for the betterment of our species? Why does it have to be assumed it is of evil intent?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UngaBungga

No it wouldnt. They'd be 100,000's perhaps MILLIONS of years ahead of us...and with that....they wouldnt need to experiment. Something they may have done thousands of years ago already.

That kind of thinking shows how childish we Earthlings are about such great things we have no concept of because we arent where they are now...or have been.

We've got millions of years to go to meet up...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ATSZOMBIE

And you think my your name here...there are ZOMBIES? How cute. You need to expand the breadth of yourself and your knowledge.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Common sense for only OUR interpretation of beings we cant imagine millions or thousands of years ahead....

Thats like thinking like an ant/earthling.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Youre thinking like a human in our intellectual infancy of beings who would by now have absolutely no need to experiment on us, enslave us, take our minerals or eat us. Thats absurd to imagine of such highly advanced cretures.

They'd have moved on from those issues thousands and thousands of millenia ago.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

They dont need to...havent any reason too...and have moved way beyond such things Im sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Subjectively, 1 feels they ARE here in contact (may even be interacting) with the EA*RTH correspondents (human & native non humans) granted permissions of their presence.

As far as the general populace goes that form of disclosure may or may not take more time... Depending on the receptiveness level of the EA*RTH inhabitant community and the maturity level of the general population species of man.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Look my friends. We are thinking in a tight box with only what we as tiny Earthlings can imagine. And with that I think we are making a HUGE mistake.

We cant BEGIN to imagine what they look like, where they are, why they are, what they want, need or what their agendas may or may not be.

We need to quit thinking about an "evil intention" (really? With high advance?)...disclosure, that they want our gold, to make us hybrids, plan to rule us of eat us...or are gonna step in to save us. On the contrary.

They may be without arms and legs, look like greys or Nordics or Reptilians. They may be like the air we see move. They could be gigantic molecules. And then they could be miniscule and microscopic molecules. You know?

We are always talking about them on OUR terms and level of understanding. We need to stop that, and think and imagine far far ahead.

We need to quit using statements like "When the aliens come..." and "I wonder what...."....and "I think they are waiting for the right time to..." and "They are abducting us for...."...and "They need us for slaves and to make hybrids..."

Really? Friends. If WE were that far ahead in intellegence, interstellar and interdimensional travel, knowledge, purpose and advancement...we would have done those things, moved on from those things...and they for sure wouldnt be here on Earth for any of those things.

PS They arent "waiting to step in" either. They are and have always been here...and we ignore and discredit all the evidence. They'll just wait for us to destroy our anthill and ourselves.

Just like we are...
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I respectfully submit to Mr. DeG Tyson that he is mistaken. We have been off the planet and we can make very large bangs with nuclear fission. I don't think we are your garden variety bipedal ape.

The fact that we feel the ability to slaughter each other and every living thing makes us special, seems to put us in the dumb as dirt level.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Since they are and have already been here and we don't get that

Wait, where's the evidence for that?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Some reasons 1 considered to hold back sharing the presence with the general population can vary from:

the general population knowing they possess high tech medical potentials-
which may cause an uprising if species not matured due to species knowing there are better health opportunities. The opportunities may have affects on their resources.

the general population knowing of cleaner ways to generate energy-
these clean ways may affect their resources and the planets social structure.
which can cause more uprisings as the species finds out about better cleaner energy (maybe teaching ways to EA*RTH beings to make their own?

the general populace knowing of advanced traveling potentials (craft)-
and now the species wants to go cosmic immediately after shared the data. But there may be extreme dangers associated with leaving here unprepared that may cause issues with them for sharing openly here with potential forces out there they may already be in contact with and follow galactic rules from. Also the HUMAN bio layout may need upgraded for cosmic travel and that process may take times to enhance the genetics.

Humanity KILLS itself so how do you or would you proceed knowing that they would attack their own? MATURITY.

1 as with many welcomes the disclosure process but acknowledges it is a SERIOUS process that upgrades and changes the entire lifestyle existent here on EA*RTH and so remains patient for general disclosure why accepting that there are HUMAN forces on / off EA*RTH who are in the know.

edit on 6/9/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

A South Park Space Police pretty much sums up why we are not part of the intergalactic community.

That is of course if the are here and have made contact or at least been observing us.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Has ET already dismissed us as unintelligent?
Posted on Wednesday, 4 June, 2014 | c/o CNET
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson has suggested that we may already be in a post alien contact era.

Heres my opinion on the matter... not that typing this out will actually change anything on a large scale, or anyones opinion.

ETs have certainly visited this world before. In fact, I think its very plausible that humanity is a genetically engineered (not just modified, but actually engineered partially from the ground up) composite species of chimp, pig, and a splash of ET. Also there has been genetic modification as well as engineering; Ive read twice in the past humans have gone through a "stair step evolution" phase, in which 1 pint brain magically became a 2 pint brain, and then the 2 pint brain magically became a 3 pint bring, both times in a discontinuous fashion, ie, with no in between steps.

This obviously does not happen naturally.

Why this was done, its very unclear. Perhaps it was just an experiment to see what an artificial species would do and how it would evolve, or perhaps humans were created as slaves to work in deep mines. I think either of those is most likely.

Whatever the reason, at some point, whoever was overseeing the development and/or management of this species, left, and did not return.

At various times ETs would check in on this planet, most likely out of curiosity to see what was going on.

With the first detonations of atomic weapons, ETs became much more interested, and many showed up to see what was going on, and why, presumably, gamma rays were originating from a planets surface.

Many showed up... few stayed very long, and none of them decided that open and/or mass contact was wise. I personally dont think even governments got any contact, in a face to face way, that is. Perhaps there was some very limited communication from a distance, to see how humanity would respond, but I honestly dont think there was ever any face to face in the way shown in movies and described in books on the subject.

I do believe in individual contact, though. ETs are going to be very choosy about who to speak with, and it should be blatantly obvious why. If its not, then dont worry about it, you wouldnt understand why if it was explained to you anyway.

But to the point of Tysons idea, that we are in the post-contact era, I would agree. Its been 70 years, lets call that 3 generations, since renewed interest in humanity was piqued, and in that time, humanity has had sufficient opportunity to prove itself either willingly to mature (generally advancing emotionally and spiritually), stagnant, or unwillingly to mature (generally regressing emotionally and spiritually).

I think If either the first or second of those was shown, ETs would be inclined to contact humanity in a more open fashion.

Only the third would prevent them outright from doing so.

And here we are.

Without any kind of ET contact whatsoever.

And a FUBARed, dying planet, with the majority of its dominant species still worshiping thought form deities, still dedicated to the acquisition of material things, still pretending the world will become what they want it to be, if only they hope hard enough and avoid taking personal responsibility long enough, and still some even deny theres anything wrong at all.

And with only a tiny fraction of humanity able to see the big picture. Is the situation really so unclear to so many?

So I think Tyson is right on the money, however I would not use the word "Intelligence". I dont think thats the appropriate word.

What humanity lacks is "Wisdom"... and it lacks it in spades.

edit on 6/9/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau

What is your source of that information? (hybrids...)

Bud Hopkins, David Jacobs and my own estimation of what is happening in the abduction scenario.

Bashar also says the same: that eventually we will mix with another race...But as i don´t see myself as a human but a "spirit" i haven nothing against mixing with a race which is far more advanced and has MUCH MUCH more fun lol

Yes we are spirits. So are aliens. They are spirits from another world and they (sometimes) have physical bodies, like we do.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join