It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.T.s. Turn out the lights. They may not be coming...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I respectfully submit to Mr. DeG Tyson that he is mistaken. We have been off the planet and we can make very large bangs with nuclear fission. I don't think we are your garden variety bipedal ape.

Yea that just says we are even more stupid to them. Look, they are still playing with stuff that kills them and all life on their planet lol. No nuclear does not make us smarsmarwter to them, just the opposite.

Now when we start achieving magnetic propulsion and choosing clean energy and achieve free zero point energy they might notice.

But you might laugh but I choose started benchmark, warp or faster than light travel. Now we are talking and they are saying hey welcome to the club.

So far all we are showing is we are stupid and our leaders only care about greed. Not just us, the whole world, drill baby drill instead of solving our energy problems and even acknowledging climate change is real.

If I were them i would just wipe us out and save our beautiful planet. We are not worth saving, not how we are acting lol...

The Bot

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
well technically speaking, just about every ancient text talks about beings coming down from the sky and interacting with humans. i dunno why we pretend those references don't mean what they say.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Comparing humans with ants isn't right but comparing them to a jungle tribe it is.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightYearsAhead
Comparing humans with ants isn't right but comparing them to a jungle tribe it is.

how did we go from space travelers to a jungle tribe over the course of this thread?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Nooooo... putting these so called 'intelligent beings' on a pedestal like that and saying we are destroying ourselves is bs.... in all honesty, who goes to the moon, mars and has all kinds of equipment floating around in space? WE DO. Not these other imaginary super intelligent things that are somehow on OUR planet without our knowledge.... Nuh, no stalkers aloud on this earth.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it past a race to dismiss us as a whole.

However, what about those of us who do have empathy and creativity?
Is there no way we can be saved?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122
a reply to: VoidHawk

I think this statement is definitely possible. We have problems keeping the peace amongst ourselves on this rock alone.Until we can achieve that, I personally think we'll remain not ready for intergalactic affairs.

Why don't you trust Dr. Tyson Void?

I dont know

I'm a great believer in - Never judge a book by its cover. However, that man triggers my alarm bells big time!

I'll go find a few of his vids, see if I can nail it down.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Has ET already dismissed us as unintelligent?
Posted on Wednesday, 4 June, 2014 | c/o CNET
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson has suggested that we may already be in a post alien contact era.

While SETI focuses its efforts on finding evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence out in space, there are some who believe that aliens may have already been visiting us for some time.

In a recent interview with MSNBC, astrophysicist and Cosmos presenter Neil DeGrasse Tyson has put forward a third possibility, one that most of us aren't going to like. The concept centers around the fact that it is only by our own definition that we have determined what constitutes "intelligent" life in the universe.

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth," he said.

It has long been speculated that our understanding of the universe may be severely limited by our perceptual capabilities. Perhaps to a sufficiently intelligent alien species a human being appears no more intelligent than an insect - a primitive life form barely capable of comprehension.

"The audacity of us to even claim we can define intelligence," said Tyson."

Something Ive been saying for a long time...and seconded by Dr. Stanton Freidman in my question to him in the "ASK ME ANYTHING" thread.
Dr. Stanton Freidman's Response: posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:27 PM *reply to post by mysterioustranger

"I don't see big disclosure coming. We seem unwilling to consider ourselves as Earthlings, instead we are totally nationalistic. Nobody speaks for planet Earth." Stanton Freidman

Since they are and have already been here and we don't get that....we should probably not wait up. Not until we at least...WISE UP and change.

Foolish statement, imo. He made it sound like 'aliens' running into life bearing planets on daily basis. dahh..Life is scarce no matter what anyone says about it. Finding anything that can divide and multiply, hell, even something that moves on its own, is a lucky strike given the vastness of the universe.
Besides, if we assume there are sentient life beings that are just a tad more advance than our own, then for them Earth even a billion years ago would be a true find worth keeping some sort of planetary research base, no?

just my opinion)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The fact that some extraterrestrial races may be millions or billions of years more advanced than we are should not be taken to mean that all are.

It is reasonable that there would be a continuum of development in the galaxy, with a spread of ET races at every developmental level, ranging from where we were several million years ago to millions or billions of years in our future.

It seems that those not too far advanced beyond our level would take the greatest interest in us.
These comparisons of ants and humans to humans and extraterrestrials appear to focus on one extreme case, where there is a huge developmental gap between species.
Perhaps the species most likely to pay us a visit will be only a few hundred or a few thousand years our senior. There could be much that we would have in common.
They would not be in so exalted a position as to have forgotten their own struggles to make a prosperous, just, and peaceful world for themselves. They could honor our struggle to do the same, and not judge us too harshly for failing to always live up to that ideal.
edit on 9-6-2014 by Ross 54 because: improved paragraph structure

edit on 9-6-2014 by Ross 54 because: corrected misspelled word

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ross 54

You saved me several minutes of typing, Ross54. Thank-you. You're 100% correct in your analysis. There are billions of species in this Universe and billions more in Universes that overlap ours. Most species would not be interested in us, because life is so common. But, a few who are not too advanced beyond mankind would find us interesting, one would think.

To experience a real-world example of how "primitive" we are, one only has to listen to mainstream scientists discuss the subject of intelligent life. As with the original post that started this thread, each one takes such a narrow view that it's almost humorous.
cwm

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Recently Neil deGrasse Tyson has been enjoying a PR campaign around the world and over the internet as he carries several elite agendas to the public. We personally feel his smug attitude towards his heavily misguided Pop Science is one of the driving reasons behind writing this article.

www.onepagenews.com...

That is a good quick read that basically covers many of my concerns about him and his type. I think we agree.

As far as ET not visiting. No way. Even if they thought in an emotional state like us and quantified our entire existence into "too primitive to say hello" they would come here all the time for the infinite knowledge that an entire planet brimming with life would offer.

If only just to study our oceans. If only to study our insect life. If only just to watch us beat each other with clubs....they would be here over and over again.

Ii feel this sentiment of "no disclosure necessary because they aint coming back" is an attempt to hide the truth that disclosure wont come because our leadership doesn't want it to. It would end their reign of terror. NOT because ET is a judgemental prick.

edit on 6 9 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EnPassant
Exactly, ET has not "passed us by". They are here, and they are very interested in what we are doing. I think they've poked around Earth for thousands of years, looking in on us. But right after the time we exploded an atomic device, they became frequent visitors to our skies. They have interfered with military bases, tested our capabilities and biology, and perhaps interacted with the U.S. government. But we have been studying them and their technology at the same time. I agree with EnPassant, the aliens have an agenda. But in all these decades of sightings, there is little to indicate an overtly hostile intent. Still, just by being here, just by existing, they are a motivation for the leading countries to work together. We have a lot of catching up to do, and I believe the black budget encompasses that effort. I think the government should at least acknowledge what most people already know. Retired military personnel have already told us what's up. We are not "ants" or insubstantial, but we are behind where the ET's are now, and we need to get our act together.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
We are not "ants" or insubstantial, but we are behind where the ET's are now, and we need to get our act together.

We all like to think we're important, even if we carry a little self-loathing along as baggage. Too bad chances are extremely high that what we think doesn't matter the tiniest bit.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Parthin
We are not "ants" or insubstantial, but we are behind where the ET's are now, and we need to get our act together.

We all like to think we're important, even if we carry a little self-loathing along as baggage. Too bad chances are extremely high that what we think doesn't matter the tiniest bit.

At the church's I've attended, it's taught that God needs us to praise him. He created us to worship him. Just like those who want to believe that we're an important species in the universe, these sentiments are rooted in EGO. It's a human need/want/desire and conceit to be important. That's why many people love to state their opinion so forcefully in conversations. They don't understand that their opinion really isn't important in the overall scheme of things.
edit on 6/10/2014 by carewemust because: reason for editing

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Imagine the guys who gave the weapon, or technology are Aliens, and the Apes a human who's just unaware.
To the men who gave the Ape a weapon thought they were all masterful, and smart.

Well it all fun game till someone loses an eye.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I respectfully submit to Mr. DeG Tyson that he is mistaken. We have been off the planet and we can make very large bangs with nuclear fission. I don't think we are your garden variety bipedal ape.

So instead of ants. .... we're fire ants.

Thing is no one knows what the curve is.

Are we an average civilization in the Galaxy or below or above average?

Somehow I doubt we're above average. And there seems to be a good chance that we may be below average based on what drives us also being what hinders us.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau
a reply to: EnPassant

"listening to god"..i never heard god speak as god...only as all there is..

so what does "god" tell you?

God being "all there is" is heresy. Yes, God is all things and is in all things but God is more than the ALL. God is the source of all things and exists prior to all things. If you think God is only 'all that is' you will run into problems: where did all that is come from?

God tells me that a true teacher would direct his listeners to God. Bashar does not do this.
edit on 10-6-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Parthin

But in all these decades of sightings, there is little to indicate an overtly hostile intent.

It depends on what you mean by hostile. they are not hostile in a crude way. their plan is more subtle than that, but they are ultimately ruthless... Have you read 'The Threat' by D. Jacobs?
edit on 10-6-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Can't say I'd be surprised. Sure there are plenty of intelligent people on the planet, but these days they seem to be growing more and more few and far between.

I can't drive a few minutes to a store without wanting to murder somebody for driving like an idiot, for example.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
With the beyond-astronomical level of ignorance, arrogance and secrecy that rules the existing (nationalistic) political world, it seems HIGHLY unlikely that ETs would ever show up - and perhaps not even visibly so - except hopefully to save the planet once the industrial world as we know it, in tandem with human population explosion, inevitably runs its tragically ignorant course, and before the damage would be irreversible. I hope I would be wrong that, as I believe the sooner they would show up the better (at least as far as I can tell). I'm just feeling more pessimistic these days.

THE sociological problem is that FAR too many Earth people are programmed for mere BELIEFS rather than DESIRE for objective truths, or any of the bigger, most important truths. I believe that's THE single reason - if there would be only one - why the ETs have quarantined this place.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join