It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A formal complaint to ATS society (the members, yeah... YOU)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I agree.. I remember being on the fan tail of the air craft carrier ..waiting ...taking a breather waiting for the next flight ops. I would play songs in my head ..and watch the boats prop wash as we ziged zaged in the Gulf of Tonkin. I wondered what was going on back home ..I thought about my dog ..Sruff.

I miss that dog.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No, we're supposed to be snooty.
You know the thing, holding a newspaper tablet with ATS loaded, in a big chair with a cigar and a glass of wine, snickering to ourselves quietly.

Sorry OP, I don't think anyone cares to post to your discretion. If it's a problem, the mods will have been notified and taken care of it. Nevertheless, I do my best to stay within the confines of the T&C.

I'm not trying to be rude, just calling it how I see it.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

This used to be a "Conspiracy Forum". Now, you can get a recipe for raspberry pie, fix a Subaru starter, build a lien-to for survival, learn how to download classic comics, books, videos etc.

We get love and relationship and medical and ethical advice, religious, legal and political advice. We can reboot our computers, program our phones, choose an insurance company. We can post our artwork, pictures, videos, music, poems, short stories...you name it.

"Conspiracy" issues as once intended to be serious? No....But you CAN find out how to rid your bed of bedbugs while baking that raspberry pie....

This is how it has morphed to now...along with the sarcastic humor...

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kx12x
a reply to: projectvxn

No, we're supposed to be snooty.
You know the thing, holding a newspaper tablet with ATS loaded, in a big chair with a cigar and a glass of wine, snickering to ourselves quietly.

Damn it... I closed my blinds earlier. And don't call it a tablet. It's an iPad. BIG DIFFERENCE. Tablets are what the poor people have.

edit on 6/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

When there is a serious discussion about a topic I tend to go serious.

But what's a guy supposed to do when a member says "I was at lunch the other day with my cousin T-Bone and realized I had stumbled into a CIA restaurant front when I found a Reptilian eyeball in my soup." And he is serious!! Then Beezer says "did it see you first or vica versa?" With a chime in by Kangaruex4Ewe saying "I hate it when that happens it makes the broth too sweet" Then along comes Destinyone and says "You can buy those at the grocery store now in a 6 pack for $2.50" and now I make a special bar of soap called the peeping tom."

It just makes the whole I can't deal with the world anymore go away. It brightens my day, keeps me from being a yet bigger buttface.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

hahahah!! That was so funny (and on the button!!) botton line is.. life is short ..don't hurt anyone (unless your in a war) and hear what folks have to say. We are all just apes with gadgets. We pick our rulers ..or ..we wait to long before our rulers are picked for us.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

I read your post. This thread is up to five or more pages now. I am not going to take the time to comb through all replies to state the obvious...if you can't either ignore a humorous post about a serious topic, than maybe you should seek another forum. I will start a post with a little levity due to the subject matter being so inflammatory in order to put things in perspective. We are only in these mortal bodies for so long, enjoy it. Don't take things so seriously. Relax. It's just an internet forum, not the map to doomsday.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

My apologies of course MarlinGrace. I never intended to be so uncouth, but I do hate sweet broth... and ants on a log, but for totally different reasons.

I think Des's peeping tom soap is a more egregious faux pas though. WTH? Did she not even think for a moment at the repercussions of dropping that particular soap? I think not.

Nightmares for months.

And it brightens my day as well. I don't know much more that I enjoy better than a good laugh.

edit on 6/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Could you say that again??? Hahhahahahah!!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: MarlinGrace

My apologies of course MarlinGrace. I never intended to be so uncouth, but I do hate sweet broth... and ants on a log, but for totally different reasons.

I think Des's peeping tom soap is a more egregious faux pas though. WTH? Did she not even think for a moment at the repercussions of dropping that particular soap? I think not.

Nightmares for months.

And it brightens my day as well. I don't know much more that I enjoy better than a good laugh.

See thats what I'm talking about! Thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Humour is a good way to disagree in a contentious and emotional debate without causing offence. Until the internet develops a sarcasm-font, humour will have to suffice as a way to stop flame wars - sometimes.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

edit on 7-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Laughter is the best medicine.

I don't understand what with all these rants on how other ATS members behave. Who cares . Is it really that important?
It isn't.

If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3
Agree? Disagree?

DIsagree. And the reasons why have already been given by others here.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Couldn't agree more. I only disagree with the negative aspect of humor.

You put that well. Shine on Sir.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Why agree with derailment, and ill-mannered humor to make others feel bad?

As I've stated many times in this thread... I love good humor and many other types of it. F.ex. jokes that makes one change his mind due to looking into ones own chest/head.

Have care for you FlyersFan and enjoy many of your responses.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3
Why agree with derailment, and ill-mannered humor to make others feel bad?

THAT wasn't stated in your opening post. That's different.
I'd agree with you that using ill manner humor to make people feel bad isn't cool.

The opening post said things about 'too much unintelligent attempts at humor'.
That's kinda subjective. What is funny to some, isn't to others.
And lots of folks use humor to get a point across.
Those were the reasons I disagreed with you about 'too much humor'.

If you had said that ill-mannered humor makes other feel bad, then I'd agree.
Have a nice Sunday ....

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah, was gonna edit that in that I should have been more clear on my point. But the four hour mark had struck.

Thanks for dropping by and a nice Sunday to you too

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
LOL.

Second line.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join