It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A formal complaint to ATS society (the members, yeah... YOU)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Thnark is ok if your pure of heart is put into it.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: movingmyeye

Well said.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes, I agree on that point. Well put appropriate humor as to shock the individual into switching mind set or look into his own heart and mind is good.

Well said.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

As there are some very serious topics discussed here on ATS, I find nothing wrong with a little humor to cool the heat of a debate, especially here in the off topic forums (BTS.)

The LOL Strikes Back thread is 100% humor and it's hilarious. There have been days where the only thread I read is that one.

Everyone processes information and articulates thoughts in different ways, as long as those words are not a personal attack on another member, what's wrong with a lighthearted witticism?

Humor is also good for you, laughter triggers healthy physical changes in the body, strengthens the immune system, boosts energy levels, helps to reduce pain, and lessens the damaging effects of stress.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: RUFFREADY

Haha, your funny posts will be annoying the OP of this thread for sure!

Do they serve Koolaid at KFC?

If they don't I will make it for us and we can take our KFC to a nice park I know you'll love!!

one more funny for you and me ..nothing to do with nothing lol!!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3
a reply to: madmac5150

Thnark is ok if your pure of heart is put into it.

Thnanks!!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

You will find that I've been here much longer than 2012. Though not registered...

And you said just what I meant in your first paragraph.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

As I have enlightened in my other responses. What you said is just what I meant

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Couldn't agree with you more. Regardless of your thoughts towards me. As I couldn't read out if you meant me, or where just taking a simple example. Some would flock me with those birds I suppose...
edit on 7/6/14 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3

Couldn't agree with you more. Regardless of your thoughts towards me. As I couldn't read out if you meant me, or where just taking a simple example. Some would flock me with those birds I suppose...

Flock?? Birds?? lol!! Just kidding bro!!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

It wasn't about you personally at all, ATS is a place where you can't take things personally, you could be the nicest guy in the world, sometimes humour is a sort of armour too!

''Flock me with those birds'' I like it, is it Icelandic?

edit on 7-6-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Well, to create a joke in English is quite hard for me, I'm Icelandic. Though when I'm speaking with another person it's a lot easier, don't quite know if I'm a funny guy or not. People do laugh yeah. I'm more aware of trying to help others, sometimes that requires jokes.

Who knows, maybe your assumptions are correct, to psychoanalyze oneself in such an isolated way is hard.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Every one of your posts here are just agreeing with every one who was disagreeing with your OP. Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

There you go again!! Oh silent my heart!! What you say is so true!! I've been into the blue and almost stayed ther ..but came back and went to the chow hall and ate.. and did it again lol!!

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I was only a little perplexed
Maybe a little self conscious about my interests and felt my little spidey-sense tingling.

On the saying, yes it's sometimes used in Iceland.

"Að flokka" = "To flock/categorize"

"Sumir myndu flokka mig með þessum fuglum" = "Some would flock me with those birds".

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

When you put it that way...nah.

Some thought that I was against all humor. I'm merely against derailment, personal attacks and other negative aspects of the human being and was pointing out that many threads have aimless jokes which aren't either thought through or meant to derail.

Being genuinely funny in a good and kind way is good.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

I like your enthusiasm.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Thanks!! I really mean that too!!

I'm on your side anytime you want to talk! I am who I say I am and I know things can get you down and mad!! But!! Brother you alive and talking about it!! That is way cool!! My Brother (two purple hearts and a bronze star with the "V" device ..and I with ...I ain;t saying lol!! are lucky to be alive!!) and I just go with the flow.. etc..

You have a voice here..that is great ..right??

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It is an interesting metaphor and sounds almost poetic when written in Icelandic, it could almost be a Björk / Sigur Rós song title.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As for humor, anyone like Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join