It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS - "Hacked My Phone"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
"Jimmy in Mexico"
Jimmy, a U.S. Citizen - living in Mexico, has his phone remotely Hacked/Tapped by DHS, while detained (for 3 1/2 hours) at the border crossing in Naco, Arizona.

Attn. Mod - Please feel free to move to the more appropriate Posse Comitatus forum.
I'm sure "Jimmy" would appreciate it...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SkyLiner

NO not Dept. Of Homeland security? Cochise Co AZ (especially those living within 60 miles of the border) has been experiencing multiple ATF raids upon the hapless that have garage sales on weekends (and usually have guns for sale); what is this based upon? Legal citizens that happen to own guns and want to sell them (antique relics, granddads ranch rifle, dearest/deer rifles) its insane (personally I think they are trying to find the "fast and furious" fully autos they lost and for some reason they think stayed on this side of the border; and they seem to be targeting the Veterans (staunch patriots that love this country).

edit on 3-6-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

How was it remotely attacked if you were standing there at the border? Remotely, as in from another room there? Ok...but I dont beleive they were in or would have been....unless you were standing right there at the border while they did it.

Then, I'd change your title to say "While detained at the Border for 3 hours, they looked into my phone while I was there." Thats a quite different thing than waking up one day and seeing your phone was "hacked" from some off-the-wall location.

Sometimes after being detained at a crossing, they put government seals across luggage and things to let everyone know that item has already been looked at/through.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

This person was "Snowdened" by DHS using NSA resources.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If that were my phone I'd throw it in a fire! No way I could ever trust that phone again!
Also, every person in his contacts should be made aware of what happened to his phone.
edit on 3-6-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

cause it is so hard to change your backscreen and then shoot a video saying they did it

And unless track phones are different, his gmail was hooked up on that phone.
All android based phones make you have a gmail account.
It is what it syncs up too.

He is lucky the mexican police didn't get a hold of him, he wouldn't have a phone or any cash in his pocket.
And he wouldn't be released in 3 and 1/2 hours either IMO
Epically bringing body armor into mexico
edit on rdTue, 03 Jun 2014 20:01:31 -0500America/Chicago620143180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Why would DHS be so stupid as to put its logo on his phone after hacking it?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl

In the video he said there must b some kind of glitch in the process that put the put the picture on his phone. That could happen if the operator of the software made a mistake.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

And they didn't notice the glitch?
He says they had him for 3 and 1/2 hours, they didn't notice in that time that their seal was on there?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: VoidHawk

And they didn't notice the glitch?
He says they had him for 3 and 1/2 hours, they didn't notice in that time that their seal was on there?

Its possible they didn't even care!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl

In the video he said there must be some kind of glitch in the process that put the put the picture on his phone. That could happen if the operator of the software made a mistake.

It could be that the "glitch," would not be seen on a more modern-day type 'Smartphone'.
The discontinued LG Envy-Touch type phone, evidently reveals this intrusion, as seen in the video.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Or It could be Jimmy got mad and made a video with a background he put on there...
He didn't prove anything.
And those Google searches happen all the time if you have the Google search bar widget.
Call it pocket Google searches if you need.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

If that were my phone I'd throw it in a fire! No way I could ever trust that phone again!
Also, every person in his contacts should be made aware of what happened to his phone.

The only phone right now that is unhackable is an Apple product. Also, Apple has refused to unlock any ceased phones from suspected (no arrests) innocents; resulting in all .gov inquiry/demands to unlock those phones by Apple has been refused. Im not sure they would do it even if under a court order.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

the guy said they hacked his phone remotely.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing
I would like to thank everyone for commenting on my Video post that I did about my phone being hacked. To start with US Customs and Border protection stopped me and my friend at the border for no apparent reason. They ask to see our passports and registration. After the agent entered the info in the computer he ask us to go to secondary for inspection. 30 minutes later I got out of the car and ask what the problem was because they had not searched the car nor contacted us. So they came over and searched the car. I showed them everything. there was no problem with the body armor. They told me we could go sit in the car again till they bring out our passports and registration. 30 minutes later still nothing. Then they said that they had "issues" before with my buddy. He had recently taken the 40 day course with Sigma 3 schools. Well we waited another 30 minutes and then we were approached by 5 agents and ask to get out of the car. It was at this point that the first agent started asking why I need level 3 body armor. I said since the last year when I was involved in an attempted car jacking in Nogales Sonora I have started carrying body armor to México. I showed that we were at the Red Cross in Cananea volunteering on the ambulances. The agent said that it seemed strange that I have armor but no firearms. I said I am an EMT, and we work closely with the police and that some other people with the Red Cross also wear body armor in rough situations. So then they told us that we would have to go inside the office where we were informed that they wanted to see our phones. They didn't seem to care one little bit about my phone that moment. The Officer with a gold oak leaf for rank took the phones behind the counter and started going thru my friends. Then he got some mysterious phone call and went to his office to talk in private. After a few minutes, he came back out and said we could leave. It wasn't till today Tuesday about 12:00 pm that they hacked my phone. They did it remotely. I had a photo of a black Dodge Charger as my home screen photo, and when they were on my phone, they had about 7 windows open with different web pages and I couldn't answer my phone because it was so overloaded with running applications that it wouldn't allow me to answer the call. I hit the home key and back key but it took a while to get out of where they were at. It seemed to me that they noticed that I had become aware of their intrusion and they tried to reboot the phone but I had seen the Logo of DHS and as the phone turned off and back on, I ripped it open and pulled out the battery. It took a while to boot back up, and the home screen shot stayed the DHS photo you see in the first video. while they were mettling in the phone they erased some emails from my gmail account. I read somebodies comment that the gmail google account has to be active on the phone, but I had it blocked so that it would not download email to the phone. also I didn't have the facebook app on the phone. What ever they did, it didn't seemed to be open. Regardless they were remotely intruding on the device. I told my boss about this and he used to work for CBP and he said that it very easy to do and they do it all the time. He also said it really doesn't matter what I do, because they are listening to every phone call I make anyway. Of course we already knew this.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

The only phone right now that is unhackable is an Apple product.

ive seen DOJ guides on how to hack apple products on cryptome many times. there are lots of companies who can do it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

A phone really? Easier than having to replace a perfectly fine computer that crashed due to an "ORPHAN FILE" (the mysterious file 17) being placed/downloaded that destroyed the hard drive; (watched in horror as 100s of pages of code downloaded in destructo mode) how? it used up all memory and Windows was doing its best to figure out if it was a virus yet allowed it to download thinking it was a legit 'LOST ORPHAN FILE" very necessary to recover' . You have know or have an idea how this works as if you become 'suspect' you loose all rights under some very broad (ABSTRACT) homeland security definition and there are no rules because the NSA doesn't play fair. Snowden knows this; even with his high profile will be prosecuted under different laws in a different type of courtroom.
edit on 3-6-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

And i need to believe him why?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

The only phone right now that is unhackable is an Apple product.

ive seen DOJ guides on how to hack apple products on cryptome many times. there are lots of companies who can do it.

Since when? What year, I am telling you Apple is not negotiating/cooperating with .gov regarding information recovery from ceased phones by suspected evil doers (their smart phones bought by customers since February of this year).

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
my phone's mic remotely activated and speaker phone was hissing so i rooted and flashed it with a os rom done no problem. took less than 20min from google search to loading apps back on

top topics

<<   2 >>

join