It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LRS-B (new stealth bomber) speculation

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Could we kick the Klingons asses with this thing. No idea. Seems faster than a bird of prey to me though. And humans are smarter than Klingons so thats an advantage there too. But klingons have redundant organs and are hard to kill. SO who knows. It's a toss up. I think the Klingons would want one though if we were selling them.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Update of Groom in Terra Server, another new hangar in construction on the South , may be another black program on the horizon ? Boomer I feel the flying wing seem to be the futur in aero, it's a little sad to see another Uav with the very known shape of the B-2, why don't use something like the SR-71 Son insteed ? I m afraid that the stealth technology don't stay immune in the futur with the progress in detection system.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: darksidius
Boomer I feel the flying wing seem to be the futur in aero, it's a little sad to see another Uav with the very known shape of the B-2

If it is the best shape to create an all aspect broadband threat capable airframe, why not utilise it?

why don't use something like the SR-71 Son insteed ?
Why not use both? different strokes for different folks and all.

I'm afraid that the stealth technology don't stay immune in the futur with the progress in detection system.

Don't lose sleep. Stay happy, do some fun stuff, enjoy life. No need to get depressed about evolving / break through technologies. Its not worth it.

Lets be honest, there are off the top of my head 8 areas of the B-2B that are still unknown to the public.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

pics?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This famous propulsion system......using electromagnetic fields to pressure, induce, and accelerate "air". This would be a secondary system that was an integrated second phase within the jet plant assembly.

techtripper.com...

Any Thoughts on the Above link!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
www.terraserver.com...
On the Terra server site Blackdog10 or in the discution part forum of www.dreamlandresort.com...
edit on 12-6-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: themadgenius
This famous propulsion system......using magnetic fields to accelerate "exhaust gases". This would be a system that integrated within the jet plant assembly.

Now that's a novel concept I'd love to see. utilise a strong enough field, you could accelerate that gas to three or four times its 'regular' velocity and enjoy the ride. The fuel savings for not having to utilise an 'after burner' would be massive, well worth the research costs alone, but the secondary benefit of lowering temperatures of the exhaust would contribute considerably in reducing the rear sector vulnerability.

edit on 12-6-2014 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0

This famous propulsion system......using magnetic fields to accelerate "exhaust gases". This would be a system that integrated within the jet plant assembly.

Now that's a novel concept I'd love to see. utilise a strong enough field, you could accelerate that gas to three or four times its 'regular' velocity and enjoy the ride. The fuel savings for not having to utilise an 'after burner' would be massive, well worth the research costs alone, but the secondary benefit of lowering temperatures of the exhaust would contribute considerably in reducing the rear sector vulnerability.

And a new vulnerability. Instead of radar, they'd start looking for these through fluctuations in magnetic fields, just like with submarines. Electrostatics is going to have some breakdown limits, and presumably you'd need to have a very fat magnetic 'focuser'.

SQUID's can detect very very small magnetic fields and changes thereof.

Get an array of these, estimate the inverse problem and constrain solutions to look for a dipole moving at 600 kts+ from above.

Still, this would be just for general detection----targeting with a missile would still be pretty hard with a low radar & IR signature. It's not like you can change the missile tracking technology in a few minutes---more like 20 years.
edit on 12-6-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It's not a novel concept. I know the person who wrote the scientific paper on it. This "technology" like other "technology" resides in "public place." I should stop here!

There has been discussion that a delta wing aero-frame supposedly can't withstand "supersonic air-flow." There is on-going research into acoustical conal projection. Projecting a "a sound wave like cone" in front the air frame for the possibility of multi-mach flight on a delta wing air frame or other non-compatible air-frame.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It's not a novel concept.

No I know its not novel, it was sarcasm and a little jest. Its why I re-wrote your text a little.

My apologies.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
""
What configuration of engine the LRS-B will have 2 or 4 engines ?

edit on 12-6-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: darksidius
""
What configuration of engine the LRS-B will have 2 or 4 engines ?

Four engines.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0

It's not a novel concept.

No I know its not novel, it was sarcasm and a little jest. Its why I re-wrote your text a little.

My apologies.

No apologies needed. I wish some of this technology was already being used by the commercial aviation industry!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: themadgenius

yes, surely!

Suppose the Boeing 808 "Plasmaliner" had dielectric barrier discharge plasma actuators for drag reduction and an "electromagnetic afterburner"......

Fuel is an enormous cost to airlines, and is only going to get worse after Peak OIl (which is about now).

What would the economic benefits be?

I'm sure Airbus & France will complain and complain and complain.....but a 30% improvement in fuel efficiency would get the attention of every air carrier in the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Thanks, I have seen them now. Certainly the new hangar that they are building even further south than the other 'new' hangar is quite interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
oops double post
edit on 338Fridayam2014-06-13T02:07:04-05:00kFri2014210 by BlackDog10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Yes surely something interesting in it in the near futur, Groom is realy in expand since ten years. If there is new hangar surely new black program at the horizon cool

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It seems to be quite a large hangar, possibly the second biggest there and looks to be quite similar in size to Hangar 18 if not a tad bigger. Quite interesting how it is so seperate from the rest of base and very close to the south end of the main runway, must be something very very secret!
Though I guess there is the possibility that it is another 'scoot n hide' hangar but maybe not considering its size. Does look like it will be 'drive through' from either end of the taxiway.

Just my amateur analysis

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackDog10

Can you give the GPS coordinates for what your seeing?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

n37.21857 w115.79895, on terraserver though not google maps. Make sure to choose the 6/2/2014 maps from terraserver.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join