It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore comments on the latest American shooting.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Exactly. a rifle and a handgun are all thats required.

the rest is just BS.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hey Bellagirl,

Interesting read, unfortunately the people who should read it wont, anything anti gun is unamerican and guns are what have kept Americans "safe" and "free" since its founding.

Suggest otherwise and your a moron or simpleton.

This coming from a massive moron and simpleton who has completely given up on this argument LOL

As MM said, this is now just normal for America

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bellagirl Way..... back when, I watched his short lived TV show that he had on just after Roger and Me. I liked the premise but was totally put off by the fact that the guy was a complete douche. He's gotten worse over the years.
Still Moore is not afraid to use this to( callously but that's his style) push his agenda while others in the media will be uncomfortable with it since it just doesn't fit their preferred profile of a mass shooting.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: uncommitted

Thank you for your personal attack. Tells a lot about...

Don´t blaime guns, where you should put your attention is the lack of psychological tests to those who are seeking firearms license. Whole population is not a culprit when some delusional person starts a killing spree. Majority of gun owners understands the responsability which comes when you aquire a gun. And when guns are gang related nothing will change that, they will find guns no matter what.

If you consider that a personal attack then you need to take it as a comment that quoting sites biased to giving a particular slant on history doesn't make them right. You don't speak for the majority, and I was merely claiming the 'facts' in your post are a mixture of incorrect and misleading.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
How far back do these incidents go? I don't recall these kinds of mass shootings in the 60's or 70's (sorry, can't go earlier than that since I wasn't alive). It all seems to have started with postal workers shooting up post offices in the 80's. That's where the term "going postal" comes from. It wasn't until the turn of the century that kids started shooting up schools.

The point is, it's not gun control that's going to fix this problem. America has been armed for over 200 years. So what is it? I say, to a large degree, it's bad parenting. Second, there's too much news coverage providing 15 minutes of fame. Third, we used to put crazy people into institutions but now just give them meds which they forget to take.
heh, right around the time we took prayer from public schools. Lol, m moore should do a documentary on the correlation of removing prayer from public schools and school shootings. Not too many school shootings efore that time...when was that? 1968 or so i believe. That was quite some time ago though, way back when m. Moore was eating big macs by the dozen

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Moore derailed his own rant by saying the NRA got it half right "guns don't kill people, Americans kill people ".

It would seem his problem is with America and white male's...maybe Moore should renounce his citizenship and leave this horrible place (America) and as for being a white male...well I'll leave that to Moore.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

You don´t know what are my beliefs so do yourself a favour not misleading yourself.
History is a fact and its a fact gun control was prior many genocides.

Gun control is also believed to happen prior New World order.
One Goverment ( what is basic job for goverment? why we need goverments? Goverments basic duty is to protect the citizens from evil doers ) Goverments have lost their reason and goverments have put themselves above all citizens when citizens have no power over the goverments. Pretty much what happens around the World.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Ah, YouTube evidence. It must be true.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I must've been asleep during the Aussie genocide, I remember when they took many guns away from us but I don't remember the systematic killing.

Besides it's civilians that are the ones pushing the government for gun control, not the other way around. If politicians (AKA NWO) wanted to disarm the populace, gun control laws would've been proposed and signed off by the time you've cocked the hammer.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

INDEED.

He could spare the world a lot if he'd quit eating so many beans with the inevitable consequences out both ends.

He does his stooge-for-the-PTB role very well.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I like his statement that it is the white male that does the mass killings.... I wonder if he has the guts or stupidity to walk down some streets in LA, Detroit, Chicago, Washington etc...lol

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Oh, derailing the topic so soon? .

The poster didn't derail the topic. He made a valid point.
Moore says 'I have nothing to say' but then goes on and on in the usual fashion.
The top is Moore and his statement. So the observation is on topic.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I really don't think guns are the main problem but more to do with how some people are having serious mental issues and the proper care is not being properly provided. Other countries have access to guns and they do not have the same problems the USA does with regards to mass shootings but even the numbers of people killed in mass shootings pales in comparison to things like; medical malpractice, cigarettes, alcohol, prescription meds and many other forms of death that far surpass mass shootings. Why not the level of debate on things like medical malpractice?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl
a reply to: roadgravel

but.....the thing is is its the same everywhere yet these mass shootings are predominately american.

No, lets get this right....

Mass shootings that take front page for weeks and create 500 posts on ATS are predominately American. The rest hardly get 15 minutes of fame. Is American life more important than any other human? One would think so by the ruckus heard around the world that comes from Americans dying. I guess we are the special ones or maybe, just maybe, people use American deaths as propaganda for their cause.

I'll let you all decide...is some crazy guy that kills in CA really worth the global coverage that so many others do not get that are far worst?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
First he says....

I no longer have anything to say

And then goes on to rant for the next hour...
How is anyone surprised??
Did he rant about knives or cars as well?
With the way he thinks, he really should be looking to ban spoons!
(Edit)
With all of Mr. Moore's hatred towards the US, he still stays here and does not go to a "safer" country...
Why is that, is the best question.
No other country will listen to his whining and make him famous.

I think you're just insecure about Michael Moore being absolutely correct on the problems at hand...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: bellagirl

The australian government took guns away after the Port Arthur massacre and there was no government genocide.....so your opening sentence is not true.

No, they did not. They took away semi-automatic weapons. We all kept our scoped hunting rifles and can still buy them. We have lever action if we want them. We have DB shotguns. We are not an unarmed society.

P

Point of curiosity on this, if I were to live in Australia. I have several very nice and very useful scoped rifles. Bolt action, all of them. Will Australia permit me to have those rifles in MY house under MY control with their accessories to include ammunition (we won't get into how much...the truck I need to move it shouldn't matter...lol) in a city or rural area alike?

If so...can I have the shotgun and lever action likewise in MY home under my full and total control and with the things that make it something more than a mantle piece?

I'm honestly not clear on it and figured I'd ask someone living there rather than look up text on what a book says it should be.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

If you were to live in the UK you could. You can't go swinging down the street with tanks and RPGs but as long as your rifles and shotguns are legal and securely locked away on your premises then you are good to go. I think Australia is the same.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Michael Moore is extremely tunnel visioned. He does a good job selling his belief, but he manipulates facts and leaves out details if they do not back his agenda. Take his statistic that "90% of Americans want more gun control policy". I would really love to see that poll, as I doubt the numbers are there. But, he said it in the press, so it's been put in people's minds, and most will not question it. He states that other countries don't have the shootings we do, even though everything else is the same for them in their T.V. and video game viewing and access to weopons. But, you notice he does not ask "then what is the difference, the reason?" He doesn't want to answer that, (pharmaceuticals?,societal?) he just wants us to remember GUNS are the Problem. He ignores knife killings, as in this recent murder spree. Again, like other media, it's not to their advantage to mention killings that aren't by guns.

Michael Moore makes money selling his anti-gun agenda -BOTTOM LINE.

He has no shame, and for all his intelligence, he makes himself a fool to those with a brain.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The same propaganda I'm afraid. I'm not quite sure why we are all using a story about someone going on a killing spree to oppose/defend guns, I was merely remarking the stats you provided are on the whole biased and at best disingenuous.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LarryLove

Oh really? I wasn't aware of the fact I could have my stand up gun safe with all the weapons in it (as noted above..no semi-auto's..in that safe anyway) right in the center of London?

I was under this impression guns in the UK were stored at a gun club and not permitted to be stored with ammo in your bedroom, if you so desire, as we freely do here.

Given how I've actually been in debates with Englishmen telling me this is how it works there, please clarify that issue on where my high power rifles could be stored if I lived in Central London? In a gun club or in my bedroom closet/home safe?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join