It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member of public fires gun of abandoned Ukrainian tank in street.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
lol

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: iskander683
Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum.

What amazes me is the way that the public open the rear doors and basically loot anything they can get their hands on. Then of course, there's the doofus who thought that it would be a good idea to get into the turret and pull the trigger on the cannon. What a d*ckhead.

I just can't imagine anything like this happening on the streets of a civilised Western country. Absolutely amazing.

I see this happening anywhere tanks and APCs breakdown. lol

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: iskander683

That was REALLY dumb.

Its one thing to shoot it if no one is around and you have the thing pointing at a hill or an old car or something in the middle of nowhere.

In the comments section of the link a former tanker mentioned that they were lucky it wasnt a "beehive" round?

Apparently it fires a zillion little cone spikes out of the shell which would have shredded everyone in front of the tank for several blocks.

The looting is just deplorable. I would think they need every bit of military hardware and gear they have to defend their country from the larger and more powerful Russian military.

They are just going to get themselves and many others killed when they set off a shell in their kitchen or a grenade in their backyard.

YOLO....
edit on 5 23 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: thegeck

Because it's, what, green? Is that the logic?
A grown up wouldn't be able to lift a crate of ammo that size, let alone lift it up to his chest with just one hand, and on a bent hand too, like she did. Superwoman or crate is empty or just contains army rations for the crew, not ammo. А 30mm round for the APC's gun weighs around 800 grams. Do you imagine a subtile woman like that lifting a 3-4 kilo wooden crate with at least five of those? Using just one hand. Hell, many would struggle to do she same with just the empty crate.

Oh no, it's an army crate! And it's green! It's gonna randomly explode!

You show a remarkable lack of knowledge my friend.

I don't believe that I said it would randomly explode, did I? No, thought not. I said that it may contain something pretty dangerous and, seeing as it was in the rear of an armoured vehicle, that is highly possible. You made the jump to the box contained ammo for the 30mm cannon. To be honest, using my military experience, just looking at the construction of the box suggests that it did NOT contain the crews rations but something more dangerous and possibly explosive. So, there's a fair bit of logic there, my friend.

As it happens, people with a lot more intelligence than you believe that it contains hand grenades. Which, I suspect, would make the contents pretty dangerous, wouldn't you? lol

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Exactly........

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

There is no ligic in an army, deprived of the most basic equipment any army should have.

So, my most intelligent better than-me friend, do care to explain, how a slender subtile woman can pick up a 5-6 kilo crate of hand grenades up to her chest (which the retreating tank crew MAGICALLY decided not to take, seeing that grenades in your logic, are not a weapon to be used on a crouding enemy, when you are trying to run away from a crowd) with one hand?

And do give us an inside on your military experience, oh brave internet warrior and how all green crates are dangerous and all bearded men - Russians. I would like to hear about it. We all would, since you mentioned it. Come on.

The assumption that those may be army rations stems from the fact, that the army of Ukraine is low on food supplies and the military infrastructure has been crumbling for years, so when loadind up numerous armored and non-armored vehicles, you do not hold a bunch of food, water and first-aid kits on a rat and mouse infested supply point(as I said, the infrastructure is crumbling, and rats have a way of infesting places like that and rats have a way of finding the slightest traces of food). You put them in crates and when it's time to resupply the vehicles, you don't compose each and every package. Neitherdso you check every bag or carton box(which is, of course, the easy way to do it) , whether the rats got to it or not. You just take a sealed ready-to go crate, check it's integrity and load it. This saves you a hell of a lot of time. And I did mention that the army is low on MRE's. Now meds and rations are lightweight, while the water, which any supply load would also contain, would probably be taken our, because it's quite hot in an APC and you'd want to drink in a matter of hours. You have been insede an APC, oh brave internet warrior, haven't you?

As for grenades. Imagine, you have pissed off a lot of people on a national holiday, shot at them, killed some, scared them to death on your fast armored and armed tank...and then it breaks down...and you have to get out of, basically, an enemy city with 3-7 of your guys (most likely, 3, because it was basically, a terror raid. they were not planning to capture any buildings), now would you take the grenades with you? Any fool would. We've already seen a number of single Ukraine troops holding prenades above their heads, saying they'll blow themselves up, when surrounded by a croud. And the croud stood down, when they did so. Effective, capiche?

The box was either empty or contained something unimportant. If it had ammo in there, she wouldn't be able to lift in with one hand. She's a a thin weak woman.

It cannot contain hand grenades, because any fool, trying to leave hostile territory would take everything that would enable him to do so. Especially hand grenades, which are, oh brave internet warrior, used for the purpose of suppressing the attacking enemy. If you didn't know that...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: thegeck

You, my friend, make me laugh with your garbled nonsense! I can only presume that English isn't your first language.....still, that doesn't make you a bad person. You still talk a lot of rubbish though.

The only thing that's worth replying to is that I spent 9 years in a first class British Army infantry regiment and had attained the rank of Sergeant by the time I left. That 9 years included time spent in Northern Ireland, Iraq and Afghanistan. Take a bit of time out from your little internet world and read up about 2nd Battalion, Parachute Regiment.

That's my military experience, my friend.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Just goes to show how one woman can get a whole bunch of men over excited, just because she had her hand round her 'box'

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
"Whats this trigger like lever do i wonder?

Oh its the trigger."

What a shocker..... Idiot.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

No it isn't. Read my location status, Sir Sherlock. It might give you a clue.

Point out the rubbish. We will discuss it. It is a forum. People discuss things on a forum.
Unless, of course, you decide to be juvenile about it and start calling me stupid for not agreeing on a point that is by far questionable(since nobody knows, what the crate contained).

Afganistan, Iraq? I thought you'd post something like this.

Type in "Navy Seal Copypasta", you'll get the igea. That's how I feel about you and your previous responses. Attitude and claimed "former military" status do not match. That's just how it is. Sorry.

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: thegeck

Oh dear, you are one of those who just never knows when to shut up. Believe me, mate, I don't know where to start with the rubbish you spout and, to be honest, by now I just can't be bothered.

You obviously know nothing about the military in the UK or in 'Moscow, Russia'. To be a Para you have to have attitude, mate. Without it you would not make the grade. I've been in more firefights than a little boy like you has eaten hot dinners so I don't need to listen to any sh*t from a little russian wannabe.

Now, just go away and bother someone who cares.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I would have pressed the button...If someone tells me not to push a button I will push it.
A bit like when you see a wet paint sign and you have to touch it.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Whats the odds the guy knew what he was doing . Could j=have been a 10 year old

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
How do you explain that one to your insurance?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join