It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Crist: Racism Drove Me From Republican Party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Um .. no Charlie. The fact that you couldn't win the election drove you from the party and into the arms of the other party so you could try to get in office. It wasn't racism. It was your own failure in the race and your own ego that caused the change. And the fact that you are now playing the race card instead of telling the truth about why you switched, shows that you haven't changed one bit. Florida is better off without you.

Charlie Christ: Racism Drove Me From Republican Party

Republican-turned-Democrat Charlie Crist, the former Florida governor who is running for his old office against GOP Gov. Rick Scott, says the "big reason" why he left the Republican Party was because many were hostile to President Barack Obama because of his race.

In an interview with Fusion TV's Jorge Ramos on Tuesday, Crist, Florida's GOP governor from 2007-2011, insisted that despite the timing of his switch to an independent during the 2010 Senate race, it was not because he was losing to now-Republican Sen. Marco Rubio.

"I left the Republican Party because the leadership went off the cliff," Crist said, adding he felt uncomfortable being affiliated with a party that is perceived as "anti-women, anti-immigrant, anti-minority, [and] anti-gay."

"I couldn't be consistent with myself and my core beliefs, and stay with a party that was so unfriendly toward the African-American president," he said. "I was a Republican and I saw the activists and what they were doing, it was intolerable to me."

Does anyone actually buy what this turkey is selling ... that he switched due to racism and not because he lost to Marco Rubio? I thought for sure people would be smarter than that. But sadly no ... this clown is ahead by 10 points in some of the Florida Governor Polls - see here .

edit on 5/7/2014 by FlyersFan because: spelling (i had a brain fart)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

So… he switched from republican to run against a republican? Something stinks. Not that it matters which side of the fence they are on these days.

The revolving door of "either side" politics and corporations is at the entrance of the same building.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The Republican party is full of racists and those who would betray God for worldly gain. They hate the poor and try to convince the middle class to do the same.

The Democratic party is full of homosexuals and atheists. It used to be full of people who support the workers, but that seems to have been effectively high-jacked in favor of meaninglessness.

If you vote for a Republican or a Democrat, YOU have no right to complain. I can complain all I want. I wouldn't have voted for any of these incompetent and disloyal rich people.
edit on 7-5-2014 by DrinkMoreWater because: typo

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DrinkMoreWater

Oh sure, there are yukky people in the republican party. Same with the democrats. But what I'm saying is that this guy is a liar when he says it's the reason he switched. He's trying to schmooooze the democratic black vote in Florida. The fact is, he left the Republicans because he lost the election to Rubio, and because his ego couldn't take the loss.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrinkMoreWater

The Republican party is full of racists and those who would betray God for worldly gain. They hate the poor and try to convince them middle class to do the same.

The Democratic party is full of homosexuals and atheists. It used to be full of people who support the workers, but that seems to have been effectively high-jacked in favor of meaninglessness.

If you vote for a Republican or a Democrat, YOU have no right to complain. I can complain all I want. I wouldn't have voted for any of these incompetent and disloyal rich people.

Apart from racists, all of the other things you state as wrong or bad really are not an issue.
God - religion has no place in politics
Atheists - see above
Homosexuals - and? What does a politicians sexual preference affect?

Your post is pretty awful.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrinkMoreWater

The Republican party is full of racists and those who would betray God for worldly gain. They hate the poor and try to convince them middle class to do the same.

Republicans hate the poor, the black, the brown, the Asian, they swat tiny kittens with kitchen spatulas, they drink the blood of virgins from the skulls of old foes, they have too much money, they own darned near everything, they sunk the Lusitania, they are greedy and evil, they never let me turn into their lane if I have to shift lanes for an exit making me miss my exit and having to drive for another 15 minutes until I get to the next exit, they canceled Firefly, they don't believe in Santa Claus, and they can't dance!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
they canceled Firefly,

Who cancelled Firefly -
Former Fox President (Fox Entertainment President Gail Berman ) Explains Why Firefly Had to be Cancelled

Gail Berman Info

I dunno Beezzer ... it says she's Jewish and worked a lot of the Broadway shows. Is that Republican territory? I'm not so sure you can include canceling Firefly on the list of naughty things Republicans have done.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

they canceled Firefly,

Who cancelled Firefly -
Former Fox President (Fox Entertainment President Gail Berman ) Explains Why Firefly Had to be Cancelled

Gail Berman Info

I dunno Beezzer ... it says she's Jewish and worked a lot of the Broadway shows. Is that Republican territory? I'm not so sure you can include canceling Firefly on the list of naughty things Republicans have done.

There's an easy way to test.

If she can't do "jazz hands", then she's one of "those" types.

You know. . . . a republican!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The republican party sucks ass, and I can't wait till they go the way of the dodo. I left that party of greedy racist manipulative hypocrites decades ago.
edit on 709WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoMayuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
The republican party sucks ass, and I can't wait till they go the way of the dodo. I left that party of greedy racist hypocrites decades ago.

FEMA camps are too good for them!

(grabs a pitchfork and heads for the door!)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Yeah okay. So on to Charlie Crist. Do you buy the reason he claims he left? Or is he playing the race card in order to gain votes and get himself the Florida governors mansion? Does the fact that he lost to Rubio have anything to do with his move - in your opinion?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Republicans hate the poor, the black, the brown, the Asian, they swat tiny kittens with kitchen spatulas, they drink the blood of virgins from the skulls of old foes, they have too much money, they own darned near everything, they sunk the Lusitania, they are greedy and evil, they never let me turn into their lane if I have to shift lanes for an exit making me miss my exit and having to drive for another 15 minutes until I get to the next exit, they canceled Firefly, they don't believe in Santa Claus, and they can't dance!

Thank you for finally exposing the evils of the GOP. In particular the kitten swatting and the cancellation of Firefly.

THOSE SCI-FI HATING REPUBLICAN BASTARDS!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

a reply to: BlueMule

Yeah okay. So on to Charlie Crist. Do you buy the reason he claims he left? Or is he playing the race card in order to gain votes and get himself the Florida governors mansion? Does the fact that he lost to Rubio have anything to do with his move - in your opinion?

Basically you're creating a false dichotomy to push your agenda. It's quite possible that Charlie Crist is lying about his reasons but that doesn't mean that he MUST be "playing the race card."

According to the NEWSMAX source (known for their accurate, unbiased reporting......)

"I left the Republican Party because the leadership went off the cliff," Crist said, adding that he felt uncomfortable being affiliated with a party that is perceived as "anti-women, anti-immigrant, anti-minority, [and] anti-gay."

"I couldn't be consistent with myself and my core beliefs, and stay with a party that was so unfriendly toward the African-American president," he said. "I was a Republican, and I saw the activists and what they were doing, it was intolerable to me."

What else did he say?

“They’re perceived now as being anti-women, anti-immigrant, anti-minority, anti-gay, anti-education, anti-environment”

“No, I left the Republican party because Republican leadership went off the cliff,” he said. “They’re so hard right now they won’t cooperate with the president on anything.”

Now ask yourself. Why would the article stop the quote at "anti-gay?"

EDIT:
Also notice they omitted the sentence elucidating why he felt that they'd gone off the cliff and then cobbled together what was left, out of sequence.

I'm not saying Charlie Crist isn't BS'ing nor am I ruling out that Charlie Crist had a change of heart or even that he always felt that way but he was more concerned with staying in the GOP prior to Rubio than being honest with himself, I have no idea and just like anyone else, I'd be speculating.

What I can say with 100% certainty is that Newsmax clearly manipulates the "news" to push an agenda.
edit on 2014-5-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

they canceled Firefly

For this alone they are evil people

edit on 7-5-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Anti-Immigrant, Anti-Woman, Anti-Minority

Sounds about right.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Basically you're creating a false dichotomy to push your agenda.

Um ... no. It's a discussion .. not an 'agenda'.
I don't live in Florida and am not voting in that race.

It's quite possible that Charlie Crist is lying about his reasons but that doesn't mean that he MUST be "playing the race card."

If he's lying about leaving the Republicans because they are 'racist', then he's playing the race card. That's not why he left. He can claim anything he wants as the new reason, but the truth is that he was 'pure republican' up to the very day he left the party .. and he left the party when he lost to Rubio. If he hadn't lost to Rubio, he'd still be a Republican.

Crist ... Republican, turned Independent when he lost to Rubio in 2010, turned Democrat 2012. It's been two years. If he doesn't win I'm wondering if he'll go GREEN PARTY this time.
Of course if he wins, he'll stay put and enjoy his governors mansion.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: DrinkMoreWater

Oh sure, there are yukky people in the republican party. Same with the democrats. But what I'm saying is that this guy is a liar when he says it's the reason he switched. He's trying to schmooooze the democratic black vote in Florida. The fact is, he left the Republicans because he lost the election to Rubio, and because his ego couldn't take the loss.

If your beef is with deceptive politicians with malicious intent, you should be identifying the source of the problem. The prevailing ideology that perpetuates it, and I am not talking about political ideology here. The liars are not the source of the problem, and their initiation into the game will be as routine as human birth.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If he is going to switch parties to get his job back because he is a power-hungry POS, then he has to parrot his new party's talking points. Does he really believe what he's saying? Probably not, but that's the playbook and he has to stick to it if he wants to join their club.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

they canceled Firefly,

ok, so I went from a disagreement with their political outlook on many things to flat out hate now with that new knowledge!
Bet they also wrote the last 10 minutes of BSG!!!

Enemies of the State!!!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I left the Republican party because of racism as well. It was clearly evident even in local GOP political circles that minorities weren't welcome.

Even here in NM where half the state population is Hispanic; the GOP is predominately WASPs.

I'll bet Charlie Crist was discriminated against in a Southern GOP state just like minorities are unwelcome here in the SouthWest.

The New Mexico Libertarians will soon be a powerful force. Our live and let live attitudes are very attractive to THINKING folks of all flavors.

Even our exgov. bailed on the Republicans to become a Libertarian. It was a pleasure and an honor to work for Gary Johnson during his last campaign. He also saw the racism inherent in the GOP.
edit on 7-5-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join