It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enemy (2013)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I saw this movie last week and now I need help, perhaps professional help...

Its not a family movie, its full of nudity and ummm stuff... don't see it with your kids

My take on the movie, its ok, you can see it.

So the movie for my was: the first 1/3 he is crazy, he must be crazy he is not crazy? them huh
ok I get it he was GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! THE HECK IS THAT?!?!? the end.

Not my best work but if you see the movie you will understand my reaction. if anyone has seen it could you explain the ending to me? also the whole movie explanation would be ok too ...
edit on 2-5-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

Movie: Enemy
Genre: Thriller
Storyline: A man seeks out his exact look-alike after spotting him in a movie.
To quote the movie: whats happening? .... I have no idea
Rating: gawwww the ending!!!/10
IMBD

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Oh I forget to say, the movie is relevant to most ideas presented on ATS in a way, or could not be related at all, depending on how deep you analyze the movie, the protagonist is a professor giving lectures in totalitarian states, he begin the movie saying the they control people by removing individuality, and this is exactly what happens to him when he finds out he got an exact double.

The end is crazy and will make you want to see the movie again to figure out if there was a clue to it, that's all i can say without ruining the movie for you, but it would be great to have some conversation here to try to figure it out.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

there are clues to it at the very beginning : the club of weirdos (with the key & the black widow in the plate)

did i understand it ?

well, no... the end is abrupt indeed, it's like falling from a cliff

but really really good movie, there may be an explanation somewhere

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: anHairInTheSoup

It must be one of those things you need to see the messages in the blackboards, graffiti and so on to understand the ending.

Either is a really good movie, or its so full of plot holes you don't know if its bad or good due to the ending

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

i'm not bothered by the lack of obvious explanation to state that imo it's a very great piece of cinematic art, lot of substance whatever the explanation if there is one intended by the director

you know the saying "the path to the treasure is the treasure"

otherwise there is the voicemail message left at the beginning by the mother "how can you live like that, i'm worry for you"

then in the middle "stop believing you're some actor" combined with his face expression as she says that;

worth a rewatch but without the certainty it will connect

in the mystery genre you might enjoy upstream colors, very unconformist, very un hollywood paradigm, very poetic, very demanding to the audience (but in this one, the end connects the dots at the first watch - in my case at least) and therefore not for every one
edit on 2-5-2014 by anHairInTheSoup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

The other guy also got a call from her mother, I think the mother was the same for both and she just confuse them when she said that about the actor

Now that i think of it im getting more confused, i accepted there were two of them, but no one saw them together, they were alone when they were together

you win for now confusing movie

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: anHairInTheSoup

in the mystery genre you might enjoy upstream colors, very unconformist, very un hollywood paradigm, very poetic, very demanding to the audience (but in this one, the end connects the dots at the first watch - in my case at least) and therefore not for every one

www.imdb.com...

another great piece i'd put in the same genre is stay www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

we also kind of see the scarf is on opposite side, although melanie laurent doesn't spot it (but then spot the ring mark)

there is the fight also in actor couple "are you still seeing her ?" but never other clue about the actor indeed having an affair, while the double is having an affair

there is the same beard the actor says he wants to cut but never does

one (too easy?) explanation could be that he was bitten by the spider at the beginning & everything is a schyzohprenic a delirium due to the bite and how he's divided between the wife & the lover

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Them its a plot hole mess as they were clearly at the same time with both women, there was a car accident and all.

Clearly one was a spiderlish clone... No one else saw the movie?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
He teaches totalitarianism, the web of control over life. The lies and heartache that come with it are all played out in this story. Spiders make webs, too.

Who makes webs, figuratively?

Indeed.

His wife, what role does she play in this movie, ultimately?

Indeed.

What did she look like, as a symbol? How did the movie start?

What goes around will always come around.

The end.

new topics

top topics

join