It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police face overwhelming gun crime as 45 people shot over weekend

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Yup.
Let's jump on the bandwagon! Oops. Wrong wagon.
See! Murders dropped because people can carry weapons now!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Where are the parents? Where are the black fathers? Chicago is the way it is because of black culture. Until blacks stand up and take back their neighborhoods and raise their damn kids it will only get worse. Having grown up in St. Louis I know what it's like living knee deep in inner city black culture. I blame soley black fathers !!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

ummmm Wow, that was just a little bit racist...
Because you know, white people always raise their kids to be just perfect..

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think it's absolutely terrible.

Hearing about these children being shot for nothing...
Breaks my heart. It really does. It's wrenching...

This world needs Love.
A lot.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Im not really sure by what you mean when you say conservative troll fail - so please clarify.

C'mon, forgive the man. He took the time to count stars in the other thread. That's gotta count for something

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I think it's absolutely terrible.

Hearing about these children being shot for nothing...
Breaks my heart. It really does. It's wrenching...

This world needs Love.
A lot.

That's the main problem muzzle, politicians be they Democrat, or Republican will not, nor cannot legislate love, stability, happiness and compassion, that needs to come from a stable environment.

What they do legislate, represent, and support is large corporations, legal slavery, broken family units, sub-standard educational system for the poor, and self-centered interests that benefit their oligarchy.

Divide and conquer, the masses are still to ignorant to see this, hence the perpetual violence.

A solid education is the key to a healthy and stable society, but that will take money and phony war's have been much more important for the past decades, so our MO will not change.

Peace,

RT
edit on 22-4-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I bet none of the shooters were Caucasian.
edit on Apram03Tue, 22 Apr 2014 07:50:03 -050050Tuesday by Masril because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sad for the families who lost loved ones.
I feel nothing though, not gonna fake it though, I didn't know these people.

And its not a Chicago problem as a whole, its a south side problem.
I've been there, and im sure others from ATS have been as well.
It resembles a burnt out war zone.
Cops DONT frequent there.

It's always been a problem there.
Its NOTHING to do with gun control.

This is all gang related or drug related, and there has never been a shortage of guns for them to obtain.

I don't know a solution to this problem.
And as someone pointed out earlier, the longer summer drags on, the more violence will happen.
Theres little to no opportunity for jobs there. People are broke, desperate and have no real family support.

Ok,heres an idea, bulldoze the south side and rebuild.
Oh,but then they would just scatter the problem into surrounding areas.

This will continue to happen, sadly, its just the way life in south Chicago is.

Just my 2 cents
~Cheers~

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

It's a problem all over the Midwest from Chicago to St. Louis to Cleveland. It's a male black culture problem period. Has nothing to do with skin color. Black culture has nothing to do with skin color. Rap culture has nothing to do with skin color. Rap culture which is predominantly black is filled with gang culture, drug culture, violence etc. it's not cool or tough to raise your kids and work for a living or god forbid go to college. It's sad black people have been duped by every person who tries to represent them. They have no real role models, statemen, or leaders nowadays who really care about them. Most rappers are a product of white media execs or worse they become part of white dominated Hollywood. Ala fitty cent, Kanye West. Where is Tyler Perry? Where is Colin Powell? Where are the so called black leaders?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Pray a well armed populace of poor and gangbangers don't discover who the real enemy is....

Who is the real enemy?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

from Chicago to St. Louis

That aint no lie
edit on 113030p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Most people where I live have guns and shoot regularly but they don't have shootouts, but in placed like west side Charleston and Huntington it happens everyday. The local news doesn't report on it either unless they have to. They always make sure and report on some meth arrests right before they report on it, I noticed. I think it needs to be talked about or we will get nowhere. There's something wrong.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The gun violence in Chicago is out of hand; there is no doubt about that. I think they officials are correct in wanting to deal with it as a social ill and health problem. Something has gone very wrong within the hardest hit communities. I am sure it is a result of high unemployment, lack of strong community connections and stress/depression due to poverty. People in those communities need opportunities for a better more stable life rather than a simple police crack down. If people have good guaranteed access to stable well paying jobs and education then they are far less likely to resort to violence.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I see many are blaming it on "gangs" and politicians.

BS

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Does Chicago have border control, so people could not bring in guns from other areas, where access is easier? Every one of your arguments against gun control fails.

I truly begin to wonder, whether the current gun control laws are designed to not work. Trying to control something in one area without separating that area from the rest, where that is not regulated, is a failure from the beginning.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Guns and gun control is not the problem in these stories.

It's gangs.

Lack of education.

Poverty - and lack of compassion from surrounding White areas.

DRUGS

Gangsta idolatry.

Blaming gun control for inner-city problems is borderline retarded.

And why do second amendment nuts only support the second amendment?

The first amendment is violated every single day and you are too busy cuddling your contraband?

Once they successfully eliminate our first amendment rights, your second amendment rights will mean nothing.

Support the constitution in it's entirety, if at all.

BTW

I am white.

I do not advocate gun control, but I believe most gun owners to be cowards.
edit on 22-4-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: TDawgRex

Wait till summer gets here. Chances are the numbers will skyrocket. I think that the thugs leadership are starting to get worried and are trying to consolidated their holdings, (Territories).

Possibly but the midterms are just around the corner so those thugs can be voted out and replaced with individuals who understand the concept of personal responsibility and the mindset that law abiding citizens should not have laws placed on them because others chose to break the law.

You're asking WAY too much of the sheeple. They will vote the same people back in who promise them free stuff. I call it "The Free # Society"

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The only way to solve this quickly is to have the National Guard roam the hood, armed and vigilant, but then of course you would have the people worried about
‘Police state” activity.

Then you need a social service going around rounding the unemployed young men and woman and get them enrolled in some job service activity

Then have a massive onslaught against the gangs. Have known members arrested, declared public enemies and ostracized from the community and isolated in a quasi institutional atmosphere away form the community.

Then have a massive educational program of How to raise children for the woman.

Also an educational program on how to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

All this can also go on in the non ghettoized communities except the National Guard and the gang enforcement since those communities don’t have those problems.

All of this would work but of course you would have the people screaming:

POLICE STATE! POLICE STATE! Don’t give up your freedom for safety

Of course that comes from people who don’t live in the hood and don’t live in fear and poverty.

All this killing and shooting is a public safety hazard.

If it went on in the suburban communities like that you could rest assure it would be dealt with similarly to the way I describe.

This doesn’t have to go on for ever only until the community is stabilized.

Much of this should and could be done with heavy community input.

edit on 22-4-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Actually, you've got it backwards. Should the Second fall, all the others will as well. THIS is why they want gun control so badly.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
We don't hear about this kind of gun violence coming out of AZ. Why not?

Just about EVERYBODY carries there!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join