It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago police face overwhelming gun crime as 45 people shot over weekend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What did everybody think was going to happen when it got warmer.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: beezzer

Because they are just poor people. They do not matter.

Poor?!

Why are they driving Bentleys and partying all day while every one else works their hineys off?

edit on 21-4-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: watchesfromwall

Point taken. I should have known better than to have trusted that 4/4 thread about how the murder rate in Chicago dropped "like a lead balloon" because of concealed weapons permits.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Lol, three stars for posting a link back to your own thread. Talk about low information voters.
edit on 2014-4-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So 45 people where shot over the weekend.... Their is alot of people in Chicago and alot of trigger happy gangs what is surprising about this? No offense, but the need to point out violence in big cities is pointless.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Pray a well armed populace of poor and gangbangers don't discover who the real enemy is....

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This issue has nothing to do with gun control give me a break will you?

It has to do with the dark societal undercurrent the war drugs and our out of ci trol prison population which is a breeding ground for violent gang activity.

Add obto that that these people seemingly have no future as our archaic social programs digress and growing economic desparity between the rich and the poor.

Posting from my phone Disclaimer

Most of these people literally have no way out.

edit on 4/21/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
When Chicago had more strict laws on the books . . . everyone said "look at Chicago, look at the violence".

When Chicago became less strict . . . everyone is saying "look at Chicago, look at the violence".

Seems the common denominator here is Chicago. Maybe it's time to outlaw Chicago? Or at least demand that their local government knows how to manage a city . . .

When Chicago-supporters talk about gun violence, all I hear is that they live in a lawless (seemingly) city that is ruled by gangs . . . both street and gov.
edit on 4/21/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: Xcathdra

Wait till summer gets here. Chances are the numbers will skyrocket. I think that the thugs leadership are starting to get worried and are trying to consolidated their holdings, (Territories).

Possibly but the midterms are just around the corner so those thugs can be voted out and replaced with individuals who understand the concept of personal responsibility and the mindset that law abiding citizens should not have laws placed on them because others chose to break the law.

All I have to say ..."It's Chicago...Really?"

And those weren't the thugs I was talking about.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What a hell hole.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
They find one weekend that bucks the trend and blow it up to make it look like gun violence is increasing. How normal.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It's simple they didn't choose to be successful. Because EVERYONE can be kings, right? Especially when there are no slaves anymore!

This tragedy is generations in the making and an absolute reflection of the economic and social climate in the U.S. I hope that if any lives were taken from this event they had not had their souls lost for good.

This is meaningless violence that will continue as long as we allow capital to determine well-being of a resident of our nation/world.
edit on 21-4-2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Isn't this what happens when you live in the hood? I get that Chicago/and Illinois state gun laws are not ideal, but you don't see this shiite happening down in the finance district or on N. Michigan Avenue... Like it or not, location and population demographics have to be looked at.

edit on 21-4-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi

I'm sure the finance district would be largely consisted of extractors who will retire in another state of their demographic preference. Basically non-contributors. I think in general that much of the cheating in the financial sector keeps the wheel of never ending poverty in motion anyway.

I don't think it's surprising that residents/leeches able to afford to live in and audacious enough to work in a financial district, the crown points of the world, would be living in safety. Being bailed and with no sense of responsibility or care for the affects their profiteering has on the general health of human beings encompassed by their profit schemes...

Basically, It doesn't shock me that the financial district of any high population center is safer than the areas that compete for bed and bread with the slaves as they beg for employment. Basically, once you shrink down the definable "financial district" to just a few centers/locales it becomes easy to monopolize.
edit on 21-4-2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
a reply to: LadySkadi

I'm sure the finance district would be largely consisted of extractors who will retire in another state of their demographic preference. Basically non-contributors...

Gang related violence -How's that for contributuion?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused by this OP.

Where's the gun control here? Seems to me there are plenty of guns around.

And the other thread being referred to (carry permits in IL) is related how exactly?

How exactly is this a failure of gun control?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Gun control is divide and conquer only.

Controling the guns will do nothing because people are the problem not guns.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
108 Flags and 96 stars for a thread entitled "Chicago’s newly armed residents send murder rate plummeting" posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:04 PM

here's the link

Conservative troll fail?

Maybe conservatives should just succumb to the liberals in Chicago. What a great idea, lets outlaw all guns in Chicago to law abiding citizens, and then lets increase all welfare payments, throw in free Obamacare , and what the heck how about another free cell phone. Oh and I forgot to throw in another new policy, let the drug convicted prisoners go free! Pure genius!!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Its not guns that are the main issue guns are the symptom, ITS DRUGS STUPID ! ! ! It a mother #ing turf war dumb asses.
edit on 22-4-2014 by JBRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The thread stating the opposite was quite popular a few weeks ago. So what is it? I sure wish news wouldnt have to run through political left/right filters before its reported.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join