It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security, Treasury target taxpayers for their parents’ decades-old debts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

theantediluvian
reply to post by freakjive

Lol @ Ron Paul. Ron Paul, like a lot of contemporary "Libertarians," has been fond in the past of stating how much influence Ayn Rand's novels had over him. He's what you might call an Objectivist. Objectivism was the pseduo-philosophy born of the writings of Ayn Rand, sociopath and all around meh person.

It may interest you to know that Objectivism was also the core inspiration for the Satanic Bible written by Anton LaVey, founder of the Church of Satan.

So in addition to being somewhat insane and having established links to "white power" groups, Mr. Paul's ideology, like most of his ilk, is largely informed by none other than a person who is arguably the mother of modern Satanism.

Have you read any of their material? I have, and believe me, it's not all pentagrams and goat heads. In fact, it's none of that.
I would rather vote for a satanist than a christian at this point...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

theantediluvian

Lol @ Ron Paul. Ron Paul, like a lot of contemporary "Libertarians," has been fond in the past of stating how much influence Ayn Rand's novels had over him. He's what you might call an Objectivist. Objectivism was the pseduo-philosophy born of the writings of Ayn Rand, sociopath and all around meh person.

It may interest you to know that Objectivism was also the core inspiration for the Satanic Bible written by Anton LaVey, founder of the Church of Satan.

So in addition to being somewhat insane and having established links to "white power" groups, Mr. Paul's ideology, like most of his ilk, is largely informed by none other than a person who is arguably the mother of modern Satanism.

You spent all that time attacking Ron Paul, Ayn Rand and Libertarians alike.

Your personal views aside...

Do you care to comment on how the IRS is stealing citizens of this countries money?
edit on 4/11/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here is the BIGGEST kick in the face out of the topic.

Those Shills on Capitol Hill are some of the biggest tax dodgers in this country.

www.thedailybeast.com...

But we won't see the IRS, Social Security, or the 'Treasury' going after them or their 'families'.

edit on 11-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Funny I had a debate not to long ago about the government passing debt onto children. I was brushed off with, the government can't do that. Well now they can. I knew it was coming. Keep it up government, only a matter of time before enough people snap. Then it will be time for us to recoup our old debts. I can't wait. We are living unnatural and have run amok upon our environment. Global reset coming to a nation near you.
edit on 11-4-2014 by MrStyx because: (no reason given)

link   

Cynic
What a creative bunch of weasels you have there in Amerika!
Please keep them, we have enough of these little b@stards at CRA, they don't need more ideas........

They are not creative. It is not like somebody planned this or thought it was a good idea. It is a screw up. Some paper work somewhere was found or filed or some system came on or went off line etc. When you have less then 90,000 employes handling almost 200 million returns a year you are going to have screw ups. The IRS is like everybody else, they have had the staffing slashed and work load increased. Honestly I am suprised we do not see this sort of thing more often.

link   
This is for repayment of overpayments of death benefits paid to a minor child (or a college student under 21) who had a parent die. The checks are usually sent in the name of the other parent, or a guardian, with the child's name listed under it. I got these payments after my father passed away and also had to pay back a couple hundred they overpaid me.

So technically the person getting their returns withheld did get the money or at least benefit from the money, but it stinks that they would not be going after the person who the checks were issued to/cashed the checks. (likely the other parent or guardian)

So while I don't agree with this at all because in many cases, as it was in mine, they were the ones who made the mistake causing the overpayments I can understand their warped justification for it.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

neo96
Here is the BIGGEST kick in the face out of the topic.

Those Shills on Capitol Hill are some of the biggest tax dodgers in this country.

www.thedailybeast.com...

But we won't see the IRS, Social Security, or the 'Treasury' going after them.

I will say it again, are there no honest leaders?

I don't trust any of them at this point.

What is happening, just when did honesty and integrity fly out the window?

There must be one? One we can trust?
edit on 023030p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The IRS is like everybody else, they have had the staffing slashed and work load increased. Honestly I am suprised we do not see this sort of thing more often.

Well then the solution is obvious.

Simplify the tax code, and make less taxes.

edit on 11-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

There must be one? One we can trust?

This is the biggest mistake we Americans keep making.

We get fed up with one side, elect the other side, and nothing changes.

Americans were never meant to 'trust' government.

Especially politicians.

Especially the 'career' kind who has made it a lifetime commitment of screwing people over to get ahead.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If you guys want change, i hear there is a gathering forming in Nevada that you might get some traction through.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm an accountant and some of the dates on the collections are truly whacked. 33 years? Seriously? Are people going to start getting nailed for their grandparents and great grandparents' debts as well from 50 to 75 years ago next? There's a point at which it becomes ridiculous and especially if there is insufficient information for the departments in question to actually back their claims up. If they lack the paper trail to prove it, they shouldn't be seizing funds. Period.

Another bit of shenanigans that I've witnessed in the last few years was with my mother's social security. Her father died in 2006 and she received a death benefit. For some reason, just a few years ago, they decided to reconfigure some aspect of her benefits to use, instead of her entire salary history, that 2006 year where she happened to make $20k more due to her father's death to alter her benefits in a major way. She had to fight tooth and nail to get it back to the previous assessment because that one year out of her 50 years of work experience was, in fact, a novel year. We thought that was a little strange and it makes me wonder if there is something else tucked into some bill on that subject.

I think it was a year ago where something was found to be added into a bill after it was passed and nobody could figure out who added it back then either. These things, called "riders", really should be outlawed. Or, if any part or phrase is changed within a bill, it must be "signed" for it to be viable. It must be attributable to a member of the House or Senate for it to be a valid insertion. That would be good. Another would be passing a bill alteration prohibition that disallows altering a bill without prior notice to all members or being done in a time frame that prohibits being examined and debated before vote. So no last second inserts going into a bill an hour or so before the vote and without each voting Congressman confirming that they are aware of the change.

Any one of those changes could eliminate this kind of thing. Overall though, riders should be struck down entirely. If it has nothing to do with the bill its packaged within, then it shouldn't be there.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Bean counting soulless bureaucrats have no concept of mercy. Really is no surprise, considering how the state is already taxing the yet to be born, why not tax the dead?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Especially the 'career' kind who has made it a lifetime commitment of screwing people over to get ahead.

I hear ya.
Now the few people I have noticed that might be good leaders get vilified and destroyed.

we are screwed.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

MrSpad

Cynic
What a creative bunch of weasels you have there in Amerika!
Please keep them, we have enough of these little b@stards at CRA, they don't need more ideas........

They are not creative. It is not like somebody planned this or thought it was a good idea. It is a screw up. Some paper work somewhere was found or filed or some system came on or went off line etc. When you have less then 90,000 employes handling almost 200 million returns a year you are going to have screw ups. The IRS is like everybody else, they have had the staffing slashed and work load increased. Honestly I am suprised we do not see this sort of thing more often.

Perhaps not, I don't presume to know much about Amerikan legislation.
I CAN say for certain that in Canada, re-assessment of taxes owing is barred after 7 years.
This is another reason that Canada is such a great country to live, why not join us?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
www.gpo.gov...

Farm bill.

Who writes this crap?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

freakjive

theantediluvian

You spent all that time attacking Ron Paul, Ayn Rand and Libertarians alike.

Your personal views aside...

Do you care to comment on how the IRS is stealing citizens of this countries money?
edit on 4/11/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

I think it's completely BS for several reasons not least of which is the length of time since the alleged over payment. People get 3 years to file for back tax returns and yet the SS Administration can arbitrarily decide to reconcile 40 year old over payments and utilize the bloated tax collecting apparatus to collect on this presumed debt? Pffft. Horrible.

That said, Ron Paul was never the answer to anything but boring GOP debates.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by neo96

I hear ya.
Now the few people I have noticed that might be good leaders get vilified and destroyed.

we are screwed.

Exactly. Now instead of them having to prove to us, we owe them money. they just take it before we get it, and tell us to prove to them, they stole it.

Ass backwards to say the least. And, not the way our judicial system was founded.

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
www.gpo.gov...

Farm bill.

Who writes this crap?

They can't blame 'lobbyists' for this one.

That is all GOVERNMENT.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
SO the irs does not have a 7 year time limit it is a company after all and has limits like the rest of them but this is a wake up call to America to cut some overseas spending

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Amazing how the Pentagon can't account for trillions and nobody seems to care. A common citizen gets a few extra thousand because of a mistake and they'll find a way to make up the difference.

The IRS and the income tax in the US is in need of an overhaul. My understanding is all the money the US government spends is borrowed from the FED. Our Federal Income Tax does not pay for the our government to function, it is used to pay interest from the borrowed money to the FED.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join