It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Security, Treasury target taxpayers for their parents’ decades-old debts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Destinyone

Stormdancer777
reply to post by neo96

Especially the 'career' kind who has made it a lifetime commitment of screwing people over to get ahead.

I hear ya.
Now the few people I have noticed that might be good leaders get vilified and destroyed.

we are screwed.

Exactly. Now instead of them having to prove to us, we owe them money. they just take it before we get it, and tell us to prove to them, they stole it.

Ass backwards to say the least. And, not the way our judicial system was founded.

Des

It is sickening, and most people will never know about this unless it happens to them.

When does the uprising start?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The SS is doing this since last year, my husband was a victim of the IRS and SS working together to illegally withhold tax returns in order to collect debts that are already 30 and 40 years old, way pass the status of limitations.

Back in 1977 my husband was a student in college, due to the fact that his father was disable working for the city in NY, he was collecting SS and my husband also been under age was collecting too for education.

He collected one year of SS, totaling 1100.00 dollars, then when he turned 19 he decided to join the Military service.

Well last year the IRS withheld exactly that amount from my husband return, without telling my husband why, on later research we found out that it was from the SS administration, after calling them they informed us that my husband owned that money from back in 77, my husband told them that he earned that money for studies, he also told the SS agent that the status of limitation if it was a debt was well gone, the agent told him that he could file some forms and request the money back.

My husband has done none as a choice.

The funny thing is that he is not the only one, his boss also have the same problem for the debt that was 20 years old, but she was smart enough to challenge it and won, she got her money back.

If the debt is pass the status of limitation you can get your money back with the right paperwork.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
BANKRUPT NATION

I am living in a nightmare country
called the United States of Bizarro.

Just give up the 2nd Amendment. the whistle has blown to end the game, and we never even stepped onto the floor

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This has always been in practice. I got hit with this when i was 18. My mom received one too many payments for my dad. That was back in 1996.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
After my mom died, the DMV tried to come after me for a debt my mom owed. I laughed, I told them, "You want me to be responsible for the debt of a woman who didn't even raise me? I don't think so. Just because her name is on my birth certificate doesn't mean she was my mother." Eventually they stopped trying to collect from me.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Funny how these things work...
I STILLget taxed every year for a car I got rid of TEN years ago
Every year, I gotta go to the local tax collectors and tell them the car us gone
Friggin fraktards

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Holy CRAP! Yeah, this is INSANE!

It speaks volumes about the state of our nation.

Not much more though...people are just not going to roll over for too much more..

If nothing else this is a reeeaally bad PR move Uncle Sam.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
And why the hell can Congress put a tax law into a Farm Bill!!??

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

marg6043

If the debt is pass the status of limitation you can get your money back with the right paperwork.

The statute of limitations was eliminated a little over 3 years ago and that's what this is about. They can collect going back as far as they wish and can collect from you for your parents or grandparents. Fighting it would cost more than paying it, so it will take wealthy people to defeat this.

They tell you to keep records for 3 years, but I've always ignored that and kept them for 10 years or more.

I expect trouble with this as my father died when I was 15 (43 years ago) and my mother was unable to work as she was also dying and she passed a few years later. It took a U.S. Senator to get her, her disability. Unless you have dealt with these people multiple times as I have, you will not understand that you cannot win unless you have a very powerful person intercede.

After five doctors in a row told them my mother would die if she worked a single day, they told her to go to work rather than pay her what they owed. I sat in on many of the meetings and I've hated government employees with a passion since that time. These people were sick individuals who would kill their own mothers if the government said to do it and they had no problem trying to kill mine. I shudder just thinking of how it made me feel watching them at work.

I watched my mother break down in tears after every meeting as soon as we were out of sight of whichever sick government employee had just screwed her over yet again. All five of those MD's were hand picked by the SS Administration to evaluate her and all five times they rejected what the doctors told them as false. Then they show you the door.

Sorry, this one brings up one of my hot buttons. I've never forgotten the way they looked at my mother, the way they abused her mentally and how they did everything they could to steal her benefits even though they were just employees. To this day I get angry and scared at the same time whenever I enter a government office to deal with anything. I keep thinking of what I witnessed happen first hand.

Those with money never see this and have no idea how sick these agencies and those who run them really are.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

No quite, see my husband boss was hit with the same problem this year, she submitted the form necessary and go her money back.

The SS agent told my husband that it was a limit to the age of the debt that actually is not a debt as my husband used the money that was rightfully his for education for one year.

So he was toll to submit the paperwork to get the money back, my husband is now considering doing that as we speak.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Taxed based on your DNA.

The statement of going after the oldest surviving sibling and working their way down until the debt is paid, strikes me as bizarre and arbitrary.

I smell bureaucracy at work. That isn't the idea of a politician. A politician would go after all the kids at once.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

the result of a single sentence tucked into the farm bill lifting the 10-year statute of limitations on old debts to Uncle Sam.

I'm sure some people are able to prove they don't owe, but I know when dealing with this, innocent until proven guilty is turned on it's head. You have to prove your case if they will listen and in many cases if you still have the paperwork from as far back as the 1960's in hand for proof.

Also, many of the people getting hit are having to pay money their parents owed and if they are the only heirs, grandparents.

Most will just pay and this will be ignored after a few days in the news I'm sure. Many will pay who don't owe anything at all because it's cheaper to just pay.

What kind of Congress and President knowingly slips that into a Farm Bill?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Guess we'll be expecting more form the fitting initials, the SS. Wonder what else is kindly placed into bills that are not read, if even, after being signed. Don't forget debtor's prison, never ending statute of limitations when credit is bought up by collection agencies... As long as the signers don't have to pay everything is fine!
edit on 12-4-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

kosmicjack
And why the hell can Congress put a tax law into a Farm Bill!!??

That's what I said.

I tried to read the bill, but I couldn't find the law, prolly worded in such a way I would know I was reading it, but the IRS did, I want to know who and why this was passed, I looked a little bit, found nothing.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Everyone check your tax-returns to see if the Federal Government is looking to recover the costs of your Great-Great-Great Grandfathers Uniform from the Civil War.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Cut off income taxes. Rag in your jobs. Go on strike a few days a month. Stop rolling over and conforming to a corrupt government, one that is underhandedly moving the goalposts to capture future generations of YOUR families in its corrupt vice-like grip. It has ensured it is able to extort money from your children way into the future, before they are even a twinkle in your eye. Is this what you want for your kids, and their kids?

What a miserable legacy.

Come on guys, don't you want to leave them something better?

Your grandkids will curse you for doing nothing to change things when you had the chance. Wouldn't you?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

benrl
if she was 4 in 60 so in 77 she was what 21?

so when the debt of her parents occurred, she was legally an adult free and clear of her parents.

So, a child, after leaving their parents, can still be held for a tax debt their parents had after that point...

Not like if it was before would of been any different, this whole thing is f-ed anyway you look at it.

Lets see, so you can be born into debt in America, or have it applied to you due to the sins of your parents...

I know I've seen this before... But I believe there was some bankruptcy they pinned it all on one person...

Maybe we should do the same, Blame the gov, and nail it to a cross.

They changed the legislation so that debt liabilities were inherited by children and didn't simply get wiped out when a person died.

Now, you can see how all this is going to unravel ...

What if someone were a sperm donor? Are all their children now potential debtors?

What's to stop the government from deciding to charge compound interest? Will the population become indentured servants?

Suppose someone gets medical care and they die during treatment. Do their medical bills become inherited by their children?

What if they haven't spoken to their relatives for years, get into poor health and debt, die, and then the relatives get hit by a massive bill?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So basicaly the federal government of the American people is basicaly just re appropriating money from its civilians in order to fund its insane war machine. Things dont sound too good in that country. Sounds like someone might want to protest this fact.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Slavery is Heritable

....Get ready for the next step.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I just don't get why the government goes after ordinary people but not corporations! Oh. Wait. Corporations have lawyers on staff. Ordinary people have no chance against Uncle Sam.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join