It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: 20 injured in stabbings at Pennsylvania school

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

Daedalus

LDragonFire
What would you wager that he was on a SSRI inhibitor? But if he is a minor will we ever know?

Prayers to those affected.

just wanted to point out that "SSRI" stands for either "selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor", or "serotonin-specific re-uptake inhibitor"...calling it an "SSRI Inhibitor" is redundant

kinda like calling an ATM (automated teller machine), and "ATM Machine"

but i agree, it would be MOST interesting to know if the person who did this was on an SSRI, or some other kind of psychiatric drug, as it does fit the profile...but yeah, if it's a minor, we'll never know...wouldn't want people to be able to establish a pattern, and go after the REAL problem....much easier to keep people tied up in the useless waste of time that is the gun debate..

Ha....I have the same issue with this when people say NIC Card talking about hardware....Network Interface Card Card....nice.

yes, that's another one that irritates the hell out of me..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I just wanted to say that probably the best defense against some with a knife, assuming you are aware of what's happening, can usually be your jacket or sweatshirt. I know these kids didn't come to school today with any indication some kid was going to freak out and lots of kids are still half asleep. But, when it comes to any kind of knife wound, the further you can keep the knife from penetrating the better. Could mean the difference between a serious and a superficial injury. And if you're feeling heroic it isn't too hard to wrap the knife hand up with your clothing and after that, there are many different ways to subdue your opponent. Again, that takes training and in a situation like this that is unfamiliar and probably pretty scary with a lot of panic, it's not exceptional advisable.

I think it sucks that kids have to feel like their back's to the wall so far that they feel like they need to act out like this.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Destinyone
Why has CNN announced the FBI is on the scene? I was under the impression the FBI only gets involved if someone has crossed state lines...

This attack was by a sophomore from the school, so I assume he lives in the community.

Des

edit on 9-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

well, that's simple...

either local law enforcement called them in, because they think that's what they're supposed to do now, OR the FBI was just sent in, because the federal government thinks it has jurisdiction everywhere, over everything.....

now that they're involved, this will become an even BIGGER news story, and will most likely be used to drive some kind of agenda..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

I tend to agree. As sad as it is, I believe our generation has failed. We failed and now this next generation of kids has no chance from the get go. Society creates these kids now by the dozen every day.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Destinyone
Why has CNN announced the FBI is on the scene? I was under the impression the FBI only gets involved if someone has crossed state lines...

This attack was by a sophomore from the school, so I assume he lives in the community.

Des

Could be the local officials requested it. Not sure if a public school is considered a federal space or not, but that could be another reason. Or could be the school has kids situated in different locales that are in the same school district so technically it was across certain lines so they can get involved.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

CNN had a rep from the LEO clarify questions of why the FBI is on scene and handling the investigation. What the rep said was, they are there to assist the investigation and are taking over the area of confiscating computers to use their resources to aid the local LEO...

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by Daedalus

CNN had a rep from the LEO clarify questions of why the FBI is on scene and handling the investigation. What the rep said was, they are there to assist the investigation and are taking over the area of confiscating computers to use their resources to aid the local LEO...

Des

Wow...so because PC's were used they are involved. I guess there was some sort of post somewhere about this from the suspect prior to the event happening. Confiscation of PC's is odd in a case like this me thinks.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Reports are starting to come out, the suspect had issues with bullying. Maybe the confiscation of computers has something to do with that...IDK>

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Daz3d-n-Confus3d
This amazes me. Really.
Kids are attacked and injured in school, and the first thing that comes out of our mouths is propaganda about pro or anti-guns.

This whole world is going to waste while we bicker and argue over our personal rights, color of skin, Democrat or Republican. If we don't stop this we will lose all our rights and we will have nothing because Government will step in and apply their fix. We do not want that.

We as people need to come together and fix the problems that have created this mess. It is not one specific thing. It is a general lack of personal responsibility, laziness, immorality, blame the other guy cause I didn't do it attitude.

Parents are afraid to punish their children or are too lazy to give two shakes about what they do. Schools can't punish them either and most don't even care anymore. So we sit and blame each other every time something like this happens. It has to stop. If not, I fear for the future even more than I fear for the present.

We have raised a crop of self entitled brats, that wouldn't pee on you if you were on fire. No one to blame but ourselves. We have allowed it little by little.

Communities have completely fallen apart. Families, well that is a thing of the past. Old fashioned by today's standards.

Like it or not, we have to fix the problem from within before we try to fix the bigger problems. That starts at home and communities. Then City, State and Country.

^^^ QFT. This EXACTLY. You made my day today by being a voice of reason. Our society has become deranged.. you can see it even here on ATS. USE children's injury or deaths to argue a point. Sick, sick sick... and exactly why we are in the situation we are in as a people. Like you, I fear for the future and the "point arguers" are one reason for that fear.

I had to take a break from ATS due to the absolute ignorance and idiocy out of the most recent crop of BS thats been building here for the last 3-5 months. I figure a self imposed vacation to hold my tongue is much better than a forced one if I allow myself to become irritated and say exactly what Im thinking. Hey.. it takes work and effort to be all civil and decorum-ish.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

randyvs

Doesn't matter if the perp is pro gun and did this to prove a point. Allegedly.

Maybe the perp use a gun to stab them to death.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

candlestick

randyvs

Doesn't matter if the perp is pro gun and did this to prove a point. Allegedly.

Maybe the perp use a gun to stab them to death.

LOL...a rifle with a bayonet....sounds reasonable enough....

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Notice how the school called in helicopters to get these kids to the hospital.

Notice how helicopters were not called at Sandy Hook.

Ponder.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

probably trampled in the stampede.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

JonButtonIII
Notice how the school called in helicopters to get these kids to the hospital.

Notice how helicopters were not called at Sandy Hook.

Ponder.

What is there to ponder? There were only 2 non-fatal injuries at Sandy Hook....everyone else died. This incident had 20 non-fatal injuries.....do you suggest they pile them all in a couple or three ambulances? There was a state police helicopter on scene.

Also depends on the distance of the hospital with a helicopter to the scene. In the case of SH, the closest hospital with a chopper would have taken more time to get there and back than an ambulance did to a closer hospital that did not have access to a chopper.

In this case I would assume the injuries of some were more life threatening and the hospital with a chopper was close enough to use a chopper with a faster response time than an ambulance.
edit on 4/9/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Kids really need to get out and play together from an early age. The frequency and level of violence is a prime indicator that social skills are petering out in too many of our children. Geez this is tragic. Prayers for the victims and their families.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well, if the following is true, then good on this guy:

One witness told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the suspect was tackled by assistant principal Sam King. Another witness told KDKA.com that the stabbings took place in the science wing of the school.

Source

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Destinyone

Reports are starting to come out, the suspect had issues with bullying. Maybe the confiscation of computers has something to do with that...IDK>

Des

either that, or it's just an excuse for the FBI to be involved, so the profile of the case will be elevated...gotta keep people afraid, after all...

you know, decades ago, this would not have been national news...

this would have been in local papers, and local news broadcasts, and MAYBE would have been mentioned briefly in a national broadcast...

i think the country was better that way...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Advantage
^^^ QFT. This EXACTLY. You made my day today by being a voice of reason. Our society has become deranged.. you can see it even here on ATS. USE children's injury or deaths to argue a point. Sick, sick sick... and exactly why we are in the situation we are in as a people. Like you, I fear for the future and the "point arguers" are one reason for that fear.

I had to take a break from ATS due to the absolute ignorance and idiocy out of the most recent crop of BS thats been building here for the last 3-5 months. I figure a self imposed vacation to hold my tongue is much better than a forced one if I allow myself to become irritated and say exactly what Im thinking. Hey.. it takes work and effort to be all civil and decorum-ish.

did he point out a very obvious truth? why, yes, he did....

i too noticed that this almost immediately went to an argument about guns, even though this had nothing to do with guns...

of course it's awful that this happened, and i think any decent person sees it as being awful, and is sad and disturbed that things like this happen....

but when confronted with outright ignorance, what are we to do? refuse to deny that ignorance? that's not really an acceptable solution, now is it?

you might disagree with the "point arguers", but ignorance must be denied, wherever it rears it's ugly head....so long as that active denial of ignorance doesn't make you ignorant yourself, by way of blinding you to your surroundings......everyone here is acknowledging that this event was awful, WHILE trying to deny the ignorance of those who would seek to twist this into something it's not....

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Yep. Just read it on skynews!

wow... you Americans sure know how to party!

Having said that, I do feel for the students who get caught up in such things.

Whats next? Another shooting spree?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

You know what?

Lack of both parents at home due to long working hours! This is what has happened and the Authorities know this is the reason but since more money is coming into the Economies, they won't cut workers hours! This often leads to break-ups within the Family unit.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join