It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artists install massive poster of child’s face in Pakistan field to shame drone operators

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

if cowards would stop using women and children as human shields there would be less collateral damage

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

How does living with your wife and children on your farm raising cattle make you a coward?

Or does living in Pakistan automatically make you a terrorist?
edit on 4/8/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Drones are cowardly but they are the future.
They need better guidelines that are actually followed and obeyed.

I wish this would change things but sadly it wont.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Sadly, i feel as if this won't stop TPTB at this point.

Whilst it certainly is a poignant image on the landscape, i doubt this will stop any drone attacks.

It seems like governments now view the loss of an innocent child or two as just simply 'collateral' in their 'war on terror'.

It's so sad that we as a race have got to the point where war is viewed so lightly, that dead children barely even makes the news anymore.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

A brilliant plea for mercy. Unfortunately, remote piloting or not, the powers that force these atrocities always seem to find a Paul Tibbets Jr. to do their bidding.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It is absolutely disgraceful what America is doing in Pakistan.
There is no justification for it and it is basically premeditated mass murder on a continuous cycle.

Just sick

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Well, the insurgents hide behind these children after launching bloody attacks both at their OWN populace and the allies.
Instead of appealing to the drone operators, you should try to appeal to the insurgents as well

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

TiedDestructor

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by TiedDestructor

I'm sure you'll infer that's our fault we are hated because of ALL the harm we have done.

What else would it be?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you might believe it's because they hate your freedom?

I'm sure droning their women and children has nothing to do with it at all...

You speak as if we target them intentionally! That has everything to do with it all.

I don't know what they hate but I also don't seem them "celebrating" life.

I''m sick of being so damned politically correct in this country while the rest of the world yearns for the destruction of our people, our values and our way of life.

Maybe they should put their left foot first. The world will follow.

Yea war sucks. Get your freaking people out of the dark ages and assimilated into modern society. Maybe then the senseless occupations and warmongering will stop.

edit on 4/7/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

What right do you or America in that fact have to tell another nation how they should run their country? If they want to live in the "dark ages" that is their right. Take a good look at America we used to enjoy real freedom in this country until the warmongers starting getting political power now we are sliding backwards to the dark ages ourselves.

You said in a earlier post what America has done to deserve 9/11. If 9/11 happened like the official story says it did it could be because America has been attacking and interfering in these nations for almost five decades now. If your nation was being attacked by a nation that you have never attacked wouldn't you want to strike back in some way?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

HomerinNC

Well, the insurgents hide behind these children after launching bloody attacks both at their OWN populace and the allies.
Instead of appealing to the drone operators, you should try to appeal to the insurgents as well

Yes this is the old claim the people that support these wars like to cry. Too bad they never can show any proof of it. So was the "insurgents" hiding behind children when our drones took out that wedding party?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

jed001

if cowards would stop using women and children as human shields there would be less collateral damage

And if cowards would stop killing without thinking there would be less collateral damage.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yes this is the old claim the people that support these wars like to cry. Too bad they never can show any proof of it. So was the "insurgents" hiding behind children when our drones took out that wedding party?

I dont know about wedding parties, but I've seen the FLIR camera vids of AA emplacements and pics of stockpiled ammo held at hospitals, schools etc
How do you justify using children as suicide bombers?

I'm not saying the US in completely innocent, but war atrocities occur on BOTH sides

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

And if cowards would stop killing without thinking there would be less collateral damage.

Cowards should stop using women and children as human shields and suicide bombers

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

How do you justify blowing up a bunch of civilians to get rid of some ammo? Going by that kind of fuzzy logic, fort hood was a completely justified act. Hell, 9/11, if you buy the BS official story, was a legit target as well.

If mexico decided to drone holder in his home for his acts of supporting mexican cartel terrorism, USA would be crying foul. Going by our fuzzy logic, it would be a legit strike.
edit on Tue, 08 Apr 2014 13:31:45 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Interesting thread.
There seems to be two sides to it. One side which claims the slaughter of innocents involved in the drone bombings is wrong and the other seems to validate it with a whatever gets he job done mentality.
Both the sides of the argument are wrong with unethical justifications. Only Mountainmeg seems to have the right statement and has been largely ignored.
Without an attempt to come across as too jingoistic, I think USA has been involved with too many wars over the past decade that the public (including ATS) doesn't seem to know what wars they actually are involved in. They then assume that if people are killed in the name of the all mighty flag of the United States of America- then they must be at war- right?

To clarify- USA is not at war with Pakistan.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

HomerinNC

And if cowards would stop killing without thinking there would be less collateral damage

Cowards should stop using women and children as human shields and suicide bombers

That is hilarious. You're saying America will stop drone strikes if the opposition changes their tactics.
If in fact these tactics are being employed I've seen no evidence to indicate this is or isn't a common practice.
Just so I understand your point of view. They stop being " cowards " we stop drone strikes ? Really ! Really ?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Incorrect. The OP said the pic of the child on the ground is to make the drone pilots hesitate before launching attack. Other posters said the US military are a bunch of cowards. I countered that the enemy is just as much as a bunch of cowards by hiding behind innocent victims.

War is ugly, and it is sad that innocents are caught in between, but dont dump ALL the blame on the USA. part of it goes to the insurgents as well

ETA: doing a little research, I've discovered in 2004 ALONE, over 167 dead, countless wounded in suicide bombers in Pakistan.
How many DRONE related deaths?
Wanna know?
REALLY wanna know???
A huge whopping total of 7, thats right, SEVEN deaths.
Collateral damage, al be it 1 or a thousand is bad, inexcusible.
But do NOT forget, no General got up in the morning and told a drone pilot, "Lets go kill us some civvies today," Yet the insurgents go out WITH that specific goal in mind
But what do I know, I'm just some dumb American waving my flag chanting 'Go USA, Go USA', right?
*SMH*

Suicide bombing deaths in Pakistan in 2004

Drone related deaths in Pakistan in 2004
edit on 4/8/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Nine bucks says some alpha ape drone operator uses it as target practice.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I agree with you but if the drone pilot doesn't pull the trigger when ordered he's going to jail for violating a direct order. Can argue that the order is unlawful but good luck succeeding with that, the machine will find a way to squash you.

It's a sad situation indeed. Both are victims in some way.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I understand the point you are trying to make and admit that it holds some merit.

That being said, the Nazis were just doing their job and many of their acts were committed out of fear of consequence for disobeying, would you give Hitler's Nazis the same consideration?

Not attacking you, just pointing out my perception of this logic...cheers.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

HomerinNC

I dont know about wedding parties, but I've seen the FLIR camera vids of AA emplacements and pics of stockpiled ammo held at hospitals, schools etc
How do you justify using children as suicide bombers?

I'm not saying the US in completely innocent, but war atrocities occur on BOTH sides

How do you justify America attacking a nation that hasn't attacked America?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join