It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocks That Grow and Multiply?! What?!!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here's another little fact that I wasn't aware of... growing rocks!

These rocks, called Trovants, are found in Romania in a small village named Costesti.
There are many hypothesis as how these rock grow. Read about it in the link below the video.

www.hoaxorfact.com...

These Trovants of Romania are an amazing geological phenomena, found in a small village named Costesti. Trovants is a synonym for the German term "Sandsteinkonkretionen", which means Cemented Sand. They were believed to be a type of sandstone concretion that secrete cement and can appear to grow at times, as if they are alive. These fascinating 'living stones' were thought to consist of a stone core with an outer shell of sand, and after a heavy rain small stone forms are said to appear on the rocks leading them to be dubbed as the "growing stones”. What's more interesting is the fact that these Trovants when cut had spherical and ellipsoidal rings similar to the ones of a tree trunk. These growing rocks were thought to look identical and even move like the sliding rocks of death valley.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The horta are real!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Already posted sorry.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I notice rings on some rocks around here too. I did some research and found that what I have here is normal. It is not like these stones in the video. I read about these before also, but the video is a lot more impressive than reading an article with a few small pictures. Good find....S&F

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

My apologies. You are in a different forum.

And I just noticed the date on your thread is from last year.
You did a great job in your OP! I gave you a S&F.

edit on 3/29/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by sled735

The horta are real!

These were better ......

Mammoth skyscrapers of stone thundering across the earth!

The Monolith Monsters | Trailer | 1957

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Cool, I hadn't seen that one and they even deployed rock's worst enemy, water!

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Lot's of examples here. They occur in many places according to this wiki article. They're called "concretions".

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
My guess would be that the makeup of the rocks causes the cells to secrete some kind of substance, which hardens into the outer surface. That is the only logical explanation that I can come up with anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wow imagine if you could grow rocks. Build a loose wall and let the rocks grow into each other. The wall would get stronger and bigger over time.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

LadyTrick
Wow imagine if you could grow rocks. Build a loose wall and let the rocks grow into each other. The wall would get stronger and bigger over time.
Or align them in a fashion to grow a home?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, I missed the first thread.

I learned something new and it reminded me of these other cool rocks that grow

Magic Rocks

& Rock Candy

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, there is fast, slow, small and large life,
In this case slow, if it's not a simple mass collection.
If they're too relatively far from you, you won't notice them being alive, looking like "air" or stones

And because it's slow you can't use it to grow a house, of course, hehe.

I'm sometimes worried about hurting mountains, or especially what we do to all those life forms we don't see by getting all those magnetic fields / cables..
Even visible bees disappeared/died when someone put a phone next to their hive as a test, closer and closer..
Those things harm us as well, though not perceivable by the eyes.
A warning in a mobile phones instruction mini book, not to keep it within range of 1 meter .. kinda impractical.
Tho the effects I'm talking about are within much longer ranges.
edit on 11-4-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I believe rocks and stones grow. Why not, everything else on this planet of ours does.

top topics

join