It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New! 3-13-14 Buzz Aldrin Talks Aliens, Mars, and Strange Phobos Monolith

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I know he does not reveal anything we don't already know but I always find it interesting when an astronaut makes comments such as these. Today Buzz was on the Alan Colmes Radio show. A caller asked him about the Phobos Monolith and Aldrin went on to discuss UFOs and his deep interest in the Phobos monolith.

Listen yourself to hear him in his own words.

First is his comments about aliens and Phobos.

Then after that is the entire interview with Colmes.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Buzz tends to meander when talking about Ufos and Aliens, its hard to know what he believes in. I hear stories he likes to talk about Ufos after a few drinks.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Best time to get them to talk. Works every time.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That image is from the surface of Mars not Phobos.

This is the Phobos Monolith

There are however many more "objects" or cuspids found strewn across the surface all have a dome like shape.
Mars Global Surveyor MOC Image sp255103
More information Including speculation can be found here!

Just as interesting is this one...

edit on 14-3-2014 by abeverage because: of fear of phobos...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

...... I hear stories .....

Famous "first words" of typical BS polluting these threads.

Aldrin said he raised the issue to sucker 'UFO nuts' into hyping public interest in Mars and Phobos; he's "using" you. He did it to exploit predictable existing enthusiasms towards themes HE supports, Mars exploration.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

JimOberg

AthlonSavage

Aldrin said he raised the issue to sucker 'UFO nuts' into hyping public interest in Mars and Phobos; he's "using" you. He did it to exploit predictable existing enthusiasms towards themes HE supports, Mars exploration.

Don't forget those nuts you are talking about include: Presidents, Astronauts, Generals, Colonels, Astronomers, Doctors, and Psychologists.

Seriously are the cult of skeptics trying to act silly on purpose. Are you trying to make the UFO crowd look good by offering as silly an explanation as you can?

And next time if you want to do better at forming an argument Jim you should not quote somebody out of context. This is a tip to help you not appear silly to us.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

JimOberg

AthlonSavage

First of all, Jim, I don't see a post that says "I hear stories." It doesn't appear to be in this thread. Was the post mysteriously removed, or did you make it up for rhetorical reasons?

Secondly, you said, "Aldrin said he raised the issue to sucker...." Can you please provide the quote and the source to this?

Part of the "typical BS polluting these threads" is unsourced material and claims that cannot be substantiated upon examination.

You seem to be doing that.

Here you've got a quote that isn't a quote at all, and you're claiming Aldrin said something without any corroboration. Why should we accept this, because YOU said it? I'm sure you appreciate the need for careful research, so let's see some.
edit on 3/14/2014 by schuyler because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

schuyler

First of all, Jim, I don't see a post that says "I hear stories." It doesn't appear to be in this thread. Was the post mysteriously removed, or did you make it up for rhetorical reasons?

AthlonSavage

Buzz tends to meander when talking about Ufos and Aliens, its hard to know what he believes in. I hear stories he likes to talk about Ufos after a few drinks.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

draknoir2

schuyler

AthlonSavage

OK.. Thanks so much. Now, about Aldrin saying he raised the issue to sucker..."? Did I miss that, too?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Now, about Aldrin saying he raised the issue to sucker..."? Did I miss that, too?

I think he was paraphrasing what Aldrin said , somewhat unfairly by using 'UFO nuts' in my opinion but it's classic Jim.

edit on 14-3-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

schuyler

JimOberg

AthlonSavage

Secondly, you said, "Aldrin said he raised the issue to sucker...." Can you please provide the quote and the source to this?

Part of the "typical BS polluting these threads" is unsourced material and claims that cannot be substantiated upon examination.

You seem to be doing that.

Here you've got a quote that isn't a quote at all, and you're claiming Aldrin said something without any corroboration. Why should we accept this, because YOU said it? I'm sure you appreciate the need for careful research, so let's see some.
edit on 3/14/2014 by schuyler because: typo

seer Athlon's at Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:11 AM

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
He's using your enthusiasms to serve HIS purposes, and that doesn't bother you?

He SAYS he thinks the monolith is a natural formation -- but if some 'UFO buffs' or 'eager enthusiasts' or whatever term for fierce fanatic you care to use, want to THINK it's artificial, that's OK with him. They still help raise public awareness.

And you still don't get it. Why do you think your views make you so intellectually marginalized and ghettoized?

He has no love lost for the 'nutty' factions in the overall UFO community, who have been misrepresenting and lying about his own non-existent 'UFO sightings' for decades. Why should he show any respect for people who believe things about himself he knows from personal experience are false? Who call him a liar when he patiently explains the truth?

People who call him a liar to his face have, on noteworthy occasion, lived to regret it. Care to try? I'll hold your coat and wait over here.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

schuyler

AthlonSavage

schuyler OK.. Thanks so much. Now, about Aldrin saying he raised the issue to sucker..."? Did I miss that, too?

The first step back toward a civil discourse is for YOU to say, 'OOPS!', admit you made a baseless claim based on your own inability to comprehend written English, admit you groundlessly accused me of lying, ask forgiveness [not a problem], and then return to a question BASED on your evident brain f#rt.

Absent that, if it walks and talks and BALKS like a nut, maybe it's fair to CALL it a nut.
edit on 14-3-2014 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2014 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Aldrin says "it's worth investigating to actually determine what the monolith is" after saying that he found it very interesting. Of course he would bet on it being natural, and a rock, as would I. Until any object on Mars or its moons is further investigated, rocks comes up as the number one suspect - but there are a few which have been found on Mars that I'd give quite a few percentage points to the possibility of them being fossils (one found recently, another the one Hoagland promoted, and some other items which are well worth putting some professional eyes on).

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Please discuss the topic, not each other.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

ArMaP
Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Roger, wilco. Peevishness level -- reset to zero.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

So what your saying is Buzz isn't a Ufo Nut hes a Mars exploration Nut

Btw I think Mars exploration nuts are exactly that, Nasa is all talk about its send a human to Mars talk. If it could be done with Rocket technology they would of done it by now. Who is nuttier the Ufo people or people who Believe in Nasas Mars we will send human to Mars by 2030 Bs rhectoric. Its one thing to send rover to Mars which is a technological feat within itself but a human and alive; no its not gonna happen. Nasa cant even get back to the Moon and its because in my opinion the people who work there now being completely different to the people who were there in the 60s, different views, different drive, and much more guts. If Nasa had continued on with the Moon missions and set up a base there with humans living on it, and maintained it for twenty years to prove the base is sustainable then yes I would believe a Mars mission is feasible launched from the Moon. There is no Moon base and the send a human to Mars talk to the public is just Nasa being as Nuttier as the Ufo nuts.
edit on 14-3-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Buzz is clearly a 'Mars nut', as this article which we co-authored for 'Scientific American' shows: www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Try using a source that isn't your site. That's all you do on here and YouTube anymore is plaster your site any chance you get.

[snip]

Please discuss the topic and not each other.

edit on 15/3/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

nightmare_david
Try using a source that isn't your site. That's all you do on here and YouTube anymore is plaster your site any chance you get.

You object to the article from 'Scientific American' by Aldrin and me because of where it is hosted? Seriously, why? Do you doubt it is authentic?

What is it about that article that you want to make it harder for people to find?

Some of my stuff is unique research that is under blackout by the UFO internet culture. Are you asking how dare I attempt to break that blackout?

Discuss the issues and the facts, please, per our host's request.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join