It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Airplane Flew On for Hours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
WSJ

U.S. investigators suspect that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 stayed in the air for about four hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, according to two people familiar with the details, raising the possibility that the plane could have flown on for hundreds of additional miles under conditions that remain murky.

Aviation investigators and national security officials believe the plane flew for a total of five hours, based on data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing 777's engines as part of a routine maintenance and monitoring program.

At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted "with the intention of using it later for another purpose."

Apparently the plane could have flown for hours after the transponder was turned off. This means the plane could be anywhere right now.

I personally believe the plane was hijacked and is still intact. I think the pilot was involved. He had the ability to turn off the transponder and other communications. He also constructed his own flight simulator that he would use on his days off. He could have been practicing this for months. There are so many possibilities at this point though, it's all just speculation.
edit on 13-3-2014 by QuantumEffects because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If it hasn't crashed .

If it's not hijacked for terrorism, then you have the question why?

If it's not air piracy.

The plane you can't sell even for scrap.

That leaves few options -

What or who was the plane carrying to make it worth the while going to all this trouble.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

I think the authorities should try to look at the pilot's flight simulator and see exactly what he has been practicing lately. He could have pulled this off relatively easily with all his resources.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This news has now given some measure of relief and hope to the families, even though I'm sure their level of stress has been so utterly high as to have been unbearable over the past few days, so for that I feel grateful.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Exactly, possibly the Pilot was approached by a terrorist or otherwise organization? This group could be seeking two things in my mind - either the vast array of interesting people on board said flight - Government contractors, scientists working on cloaking tech, a skilled calligrapher, an IBM executive..etc. When i say seeking these people I mean their skills, knowledge, etc for bad purposes of course. OR - a terrorist group thought perhaps this is the perfect way to take a group of hostages from nationalities all over the globe?

Perhaps whoever is behind this things they are likely to receive any ransom asked for simply because of the international pressure and spotlight. Idk, this seriously boggles the mind...

I hate to say this, but I hope it's just the pilot or terrorists at this point. Terrorists have shown what they are capable of at this point - Our governments on the overhand (rouge ones worldwide and the US in particular come to mind) they have proven to be capable of unfathomable acts and if a government entity is behind this flight dissapearence....be prepared for a false flag of epic proportion.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

fully agree... it must be someware in nomansland...4 hours flying=approx 2500 /3000 km... lots of abanded airstrips in range than in the pacific ocean

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumEffects

I am quoting myself from the other thread of the exact same topic: www.abovetopsecret.com... (that one beat yours by 1 minute)

as I am looking into this, this was all unnamed and anonymous.

U.S. investigators suspect that Malaysia Airlines 3786.KU -2.04% Flight 370 stayed in the air for about four hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, according to two people familiar with the details

Boeing themselves is declining any confirmation or any comment whatsoever:

"We continue to monitor the situation and to offer Malaysia Airlines our support," a Rolls-Royce representative said Wednesday, declining further comment.

"The disappearance is officially now an accident and all information about this is strictly handled by investigators," said a Rolls-Royce executive who declined to be named, citing rules of the International Civil Aviation Organization, a United Nations agency.

And US Investigators are saying:

So far, U.S. national security officials have said that nothing specifically points toward terrorism, though they haven't ruled it out.

So this entire story is based on two unnamed persons who according to the journal are familiar with the details...I don't know if I trust it.

Link to Source Story
edit on 13-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Was just reading this very article and the quote from Malaysia's head of civil aviation. I have suspected that the government there and aviation authorities, airline etc know much more than they are saying. it's all a bit suspect.

I mentioned the rogue pilot theory a few days ago and it might well be that is the most feasible scenario as yet.

It looks like somehow, some person has flown that flight undetected off course for an extra 4 hours from when it went 'off radar', which either had to be the pilot or another person acting as pilot / controlling a pilot, which obviously suggests nefarious activity.

I think there is a lot going on the world recently, politically and if anyone was going to 'disappear' a Boeing 777 (7 is my number and 777 is for certain a number of importance) then it is easiest done in such a geographical location where there are plenty of hiding places and uninhabited areas.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Earlier in the week, Malaysia's head of civil aviation, Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, was asked why the Strait of Malacca was being searched and replied, "There are things I can tell you, and things I can't," suggesting that the government wasn't being completely transparent.

A total flight time of five hours after departing Kuala Lumpur means the Boeing 777 could have continued for an additional distance of about 2,200 nautical miles, reaching points as far as the Indian Ocean, the border of Pakistan or even the Arabian Sea, based on the jet's cruising speed.

uk.ask.com...

What Does 777 Mean?
Answer
According to numerology, the number 777 means that a lesson has been learnt. It is a sign of achievement and acknowledgement that your spirit guides want you to learn in your life. Religiously, the number represents celestial perfection, as manifested in the 3 planes of existence; the body, soul and spirit.

edit on 13-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
you got to think like an thief...

if the plane was stolen it had an valuable cargo on board shipped on regulair base

to steal an plane you need lot's of preperation time for it... finding an airstrip ..make that ready for landing..
finding an fly route undetected by radar

accamodation for the passengers ..aka transport back by ship...ect ect ...
edit on 13-3-2014 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

If it was deliberately piloted elsewhere, it is probably not for the 'cargo' as it was a passenger flight, though contained around 20 semiconductor tech employees and around 20 Chinese artists, whether this is significant in the potential hijacking remains to be seen.

The plane itself is the most financially valuable item, obviously, unless there were some national secrets / uranium / diamond horde / etc on board.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
there had to be something on board that maked the effort an profit...

there for it was an well planned operation that took an lot of time to prepare for an "criminal organisation" who knew weeks or month's before wat was on board of the plane

IF it was an ad-hoqk / panic action ..than you must think to an political / gov. operation to deal with it...
watever it was... they needed it intact...otherway's an bomb or an missile was enough for the job....
edit on 13-3-2014 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

This story is officially being denied:

KUALA LUMPUR, March 13 — A Malaysia Airlines spokesman today contested reports that Rolls Royce received bursts of engine information from missing flight MH370, insisting that the data link was severed the same moment the plane dropped off civilian radar.

Sky News correspondent Mark Stone posted the snippet on Twitter today, which will likely further confuse rescue efforts that have been repeatedly bombarded with inaccurate information.

“#MalaysiaAirlines executive tells @skynews that Rolls Royces engines stopped transmitting their routine ‘health updates’ when contact lost,” Stone posted on Twitter today.

An earlier report by the Wall Street Journal that Rolls Royce received two bursts of Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) feedback allegedly from the Beijing-bound plane with 239 on board had raised the possibility that the plane could be anywhere in a 4,400-mile radius.

It is unclear if Rolls Royce is capable of receiving such transmissions independently of MAS.

Yesterday, the Bloomberg news service cited a source as saying that MAS opted out of a Boeing service to collect real-time performance data from jets like the 777-200ER used by MH370 for use in planning maintenance.

The source said MAS now collated such data itself.

www.themalaymailonline.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Perhaps it was an opportunistic plan by either the pilot or part of a terrorist group / nefarious organisation, that either wanted use of the specific members (20 defense tech) on board or just the plane itself, worth around $284 million, there could also have been other items smuggled on board, even munitions transported from drop offs / pick ups along the way.

It could have landed on a planned private airstrip in an uninhabited location, refueled, resprayed, and flying off radar even now, to some desert / Iran / Afghanistan / wherever.
edit on 13-3-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If it flew, it should be on radar, not 1 country, minimum 2 country.

if it.... oh well repeat above.
Hypothesis seems - FAIL.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

If the transponder is switched off it won't be on radar. Hence the fact it reportedly flew for an additional 4 HOURS after 'disappearing' ie going off radar, but it was tracked by the military and Boeing's signals sent from the engine.

It is possible that it could have flown off radar for 4 hours and onto somewhere else and had work done on it that prevented further detection ie from stopping signals to Boeing and or cloaking of some sort.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

wat do you rather have... 20 million cash ore diamond ..ore an 280 million dollar plane worthless to sell on the market...
no the plane has no value anymoore

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

try to find out how much rader there is on open sea.....:-)
if youre heading to un unhabited Island...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

The lack of information being released, the denials and confusion over patchy information is all too suspect.

One thing is certain, they know more than they are saying.

I would like to hear more about the GPS signals received from passengers phones, these will have been obtained and are suspicious in their absence.

www.rawstory.com...

But now, American investigators and national security officials are saying that several hours after that last radar contact, the airplane’s Boeing engines automatically downloaded information as part of their normal operation, and that signal was picked up

www.huffingtonpost.com...-plane -wreckage-found-at-site-from-china-satellite-image

Earlier in the week, Malaysia's head of civil aviation, Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, was asked why the Strait of Malacca was being searched and replied, "There are things I can tell you, and things I can't," suggesting that the government wasn't being completely transparent.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

It might not be able to be sold on the open market but on the black market it could, easily, either in entirety or in parts, do you know how much those engines are worth?

That is if it was even hijacked in the first place and if it was for the worth of the plane, it could have been hijacked for other purposes than financial value.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
We will find that plane... yeah.. when it goes crashing into the side of some landmark... Someone hijacked it.. landed at some airport in some country.. the people will be taken off and killed then bombs will be loaded onto the plane for added boom.. then they will take off and fly into something in L.A... I think the building from the movie "Die hard"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join