It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Picture Of Baby With Hands On Rifle Causes Stir

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

CB328

There is nothing irresponsible about this picture

This is a good example of what's wrong with our country. Our society is degenerating to cavemen.

Cavemen? Hardly. Our society is degenerating into a bunch of sissies who think they're entitled to everything.

bigfatfurrytexan

Nice avatar. LOL

Almost said something about that, but bit my tongue.

edit on 7-3-2014 by Simon_Boudreaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wow, overreaction much? The gun is clearly not loaded..... You can see it with your own two eyes. The gun is in a shop, and more than likely a gun that is kept for the sole purpose of customers handling and checking it out. Meaning it was never loaded in the first place..... It's about as dangerous as her being placed next to a coffee table, if she wacks her head on either, it's gonna hurt. That's about the extent of the danger. Jeez, I am surprised people haven't passed a law yet that all children need to be kept in bulletproof bubbles until their 18th birthday. I hope I didn't give any nutjobs any ideas with that one......

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The baby in the photo would be in MORE danger if it had been handed a carving
knife....probably by a factor of several hundred, or more.

But there would still be those who would be less shocked by the knife instead
of the gun. Emotional reactions are funny that way--irrational you could say.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

TKDRL
Wow, overreaction much? The gun is clearly not loaded..... You can see it with your own two eyes. The gun is in a shop, and more than likely a gun that is kept for the sole purpose of customers handling and checking it out. Meaning it was never loaded in the first place..... It's about as dangerous as her being placed next to a coffee table, if she wacks her head on either, it's gonna hurt. That's about the extent of the danger. Jeez, I am surprised people haven't passed a law yet that all children need to be kept in bulletproof bubbles until their 18th birthday. I hope I didn't give any nutjobs any ideas with that one......

Or worse, the baby could drink the entire coffee pot and die of an overdose of caffeine, but damn it there was a gun next to that baby, that's probably why this happened!

And WTH was the baby not on the bubble? someone's head has to roll for this, he also had his hands untied, he could get them into his mouth, who knows what kind of illnesses he could get because of that bad parenting! in fact, lets avoid any contact between parents and children until they're 18 at least, or even better, 21, who knows they may even dare to allow them to drink a beer or two on their 18 birthday!! or worse, get to have a girl(boy)friend! who knows what diseases that may bring on!

LOL

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Will put it pretty simple, seems you cant follow conversations. The rifle is unloaded, bolt open and chamber shows empty. Now, I only had weapons during military service in my country(a fairly short time), but that is a SAFE weapon. Furthermore, if you want your panties in a twist because a toddler has a SAFE weapon placed on them for a photoshoot, you really have more serious issues, agenda to follow perhaps?

Add: kaifan reminded me: NOBODY THINKS OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!THE CHILDREEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!

edit on 2014u15201403am07 by Yusomad because: kaifan reminded me...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

CB328

There is nothing irresponsible about this picture

This is a good example of what's wrong with our country. Our society is degenerating to cavemen.

No. This is a good example of why the entire world is turning into a bunch of retarded idiots with no logical thinking or common sense, if our parents and the past generations had been so dumb, we would not be here at all, i bet no one would had ever gone to the moon, idiotic regulations and all that.

People like the ones who think like this were the same that burned witches on the stake or bled humans to death because it was the right thing to do, regardless or logical thinking. Maybe not on the same level, but still, under the modern social prejudice, we are looking at a witch hunt because this guy just wanted to post that picture. Nothing happened, nothing could happen. And nothing will happen after the picture is taken. Dumb people are dumb, that's all.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Everything you see on facebook is gov't propaganda - meant to "nudge" people into the gov't position....

"OMG - babies with guns!!!!!!" All People With Guns are Putting the CHILDREN in Danger!!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by Kaifan

Everything you see on facebook is gov't propaganda - meant to "nudge" people into the gov't position....

"OMG - babies with guns!!!!!!" All People With Guns are Putting the CHILDREN in Danger!!!!!

Is not only on facebook, its all around, people in charge of children on schools, on the streets, on bars, on the movies, everywhere people like that, programmed to respond to signals and act in an idiotic way. All in the name of "safety", even if that safety takes the life of someone, who cares, rules were followed and they deserve their cookie, that's all that matters.
edit on 7-3-2014 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

It because peoples flippant attitudes towards them, like they are a go to solution to all problems

School shootings happen because of a flippant attitude towards the sanctity of life....
Not an attitude regarding guns.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by Kaifan

Really it is? So When I post for a closed group somethin I've been working on it's actually Government Propaganda?

I never realized that.. I'll have to start adding illuminati and NWO references into my artwork now...

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Ugh, you make me want to face palm myself so hard. Are you intentionally being obtuse to get a rouse? For starters, an UNLOADED rifle/pistol/firearm of any sort poses NO danger. Nothing could have happened here, NOTHING. No, the kid couldn't have shot him (her)self, it couldn't have shot anyone. It couldn't harm anyone with the rifle if it wanted to. It's an infant with an inert firearm.

It's as dangerous as a plastic water gun at this point.

The parents were there less than a couple of feet away, the worst thing that could have happened is the baby throwing up on the rifle getting it dirty.

People like you are a huge problem in the world. You're the kind of person that will blow a NON-issue up rallying other inane people behind you all the while none of you really know why any of you are there in the first place except for an over exaggerated and made up thought that something could possibly be bad or wrong when the reality of the situation is it's neither.

Get a grip.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

oblvion

uncommitted

kx12x

captaintyinknots

kx12x

Im not going to explain it again, and it is quite worrisome that so many of you defending this dont know the basics of responsible handling of weapons.

Please, I'm very informed on firearms saftey and responsibilty.

The barrel is not pointed at anyone (as far as I can tell)
The rifle is not loaded
Fingers off the trigger.

Care to explain to me how is it irresponsible?

And..... so you don't think it's a rather pathetic picture that aims to show how a baby should be indoctrinated to like guns? If the picture was of a North Korean hugging a nuclear warhead would you think "ah, bless"?

Wow, sometimes the people on here amaze me. If the child was hugging a bible, the Atheists would shout how the baby was being indoctrinated, if it was the Koran you would be turning pale, if it was a sign saying "gays are ok in my book" you would be passed out on your sofa, if the child was holding a picture of Obama you would all be shrieking how it was an evil publicity stunt, but it's a gun, so you are ok with it being shown with such a young child - armed or not (the gun that is) - so it meets your little agenda...... kind of sad isn't it? Get a grip.

Seriously???

Just so you know, I dont care if it was a bible( I am not religious BTW, not an atheist either I believe in a "higher power" just not any recognized by any organized religion) or Koran, or pro gay sign.

They are the parents of the child, they have a right to raise them in the manner they deem proper.

Do I agree with all the ways children are raised, no, is it my business to MAKE them comply to MY standards? Absolutely not.

I thought sense was "common"

Hi Oblivion,

Not sure why you thought I was posting to you personally, it was more a point that on ATS if a picture of a baby holding other items (as mentioned in my post) then many, many people on ATS would shout very loudly that the baby was being indoctrinated at an age where they could not comprehend what it was they were holding and that is was shameful promotion by Cause A, B, C all the way through to Z.

Seeing as it's actually a gun, it's interesting that the same standard doesn't seem to apply. Sorry if you didn't see the point I was making.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My wife said something relevant about this today. I am going to quote her, but it isn't an exact quote...just close enough:

"Why? Why do that? If you don't want people harassing you about what you do in your home, why put pictures of it on Facebook? People who use facebook, and put their life out there for the world to see....they get what they deserve and asked for"

Shoulda known my woman would have a unique viewpoint. But she is right. It is why I don't use and never have used FB.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

My friend, your wife is 100% right. If you dont wanna hear people's crap, dont put it on FB..

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yusomad

Will put it pretty simple, seems you cant follow conversations. The rifle is unloaded, bolt open and chamber shows empty. Now, I only had weapons during military service in my country(a fairly short time), but that is a SAFE weapon. Furthermore, if you want your panties in a twist because a toddler has a SAFE weapon placed on them for a photoshoot, you really have more serious issues, agenda to follow perhaps?

Add: kaifan reminded me: NOBODY THINKS OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!THE CHILDREEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!

edit on 2014u15201403am07 by Yusomad because: kaifan reminded me...
Glad you followed the conversation. Please, do go back and reread my comments. Its pretty obvious that a lot of you have COMPLETELY missed my point (which is not surprising, as many of you cant handle even simple questions about guns and/or responsible handling)

Panties in a bunch? Once again, thats why this conversation cant move forward. On one side, you have people who think any gun is a bad gun. On the other, you have people that cant handle it when ANYTHING about a gun is brought into question.

Rationality has left the room, and we are left with two extreme factions.
edit on 7-3-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Auricom

Ugh, you make me want to face palm myself so hard. Are you intentionally being obtuse to get a rouse? For starters, an UNLOADED rifle/pistol/firearm of any sort poses NO danger. Nothing could have happened here, NOTHING. No, the kid couldn't have shot him (her)self, it couldn't have shot anyone. It couldn't harm anyone with the rifle if it wanted to. It's an infant with an inert firearm.

It's as dangerous as a plastic water gun at this point.

The parents were there less than a couple of feet away, the worst thing that could have happened is the baby throwing up on the rifle getting it dirty.

People like you are a huge problem in the world. You're the kind of person that will blow a NON-issue up rallying other inane people behind you all the while none of you really know why any of you are there in the first place except for an over exaggerated and made up thought that something could possibly be bad or wrong when the reality of the situation is it's neither.

Get a grip.
Yes, people like me, the ones trying to have a RATIONAL conversation, are the problem. Its not the nuts who fetishize guns. Its not those that want all guns banned.

Its people like me, who want rational conversation on the matter. WE are the problem.

Its funny, though, that you say people like me blow up the issue. Im not the one who brought attention to it. I have not "blown it up" in any way.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

What you call "rational", most of us here call "pathos" and "pansy".

Instead, why not just not worry about what others do? It must get very exhausting trying to control the actions of others, and continually failing.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Instead, why not just not worry about what others do? It must get very exhausting trying to control the actions of others, and continually failing.
Exactly my point. standard gun safety is now considered "pansy".

As far as your second comment, please, consider the hypocrisy of what you just said.

And while you are at it, please, show me where i have EVER tried to control the actions of others. Please, I beg you. One example will suffice.

Again, this is the problem, and people dont even get it. I make a statement that doesnt jive with what a bunch of people who worship guns think(even while saying its not that big of a deal), so all of a sudden I am trying to control them, or I am a pansy.

Like I said: rationality has left the room. I think ill leave with it.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

captaintyinknots

bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly my point. standard gun safety is now considered "pansy".

No. YOUR version of gun safety is what I consider "pansy". It ignores logic and focuses on fear. Logos is never diminutive to pathos.

As far as your second comment, please, consider the hypocrisy of what you just said.

And while you are at it, please, show me where i have EVER tried to control the actions of others. Please, I beg you. One example will suffice.

Again, this is the problem, and people dont even get it. I make a statement that doesnt jive with what a bunch of people who worship guns think(even while saying its not that big of a deal), so all of a sudden I am trying to control them, or I am a pansy.

Like I said: rationality has left the room.

Rationality left the room when you began saying anyone worshipped guns. Rationality does not reside within hyperbole.

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

No. YOUR version of gun safety is what I consider "pansy". It ignores logic and focuses on fear. Logos is never diminutive to pathos.
fear? Man, you are smarter than that. Nothing I have said has anything to do with fear. Why is it so hard for people to understand that this is about IMAGE and CULTURE, not immediate danger?

On top of that, if it only focuses on fear, than your issue is with firearm safety trainers, not me, as it is the first thing taught.

Rationality left the room when you began saying anyone worshipped guns. Rationality does not reside within hyperbole.
Yup. Like I said before-people like me are the problem...people who can admit there is an issue with gun culture in america while still supporting the 2nd. We are such a HUGE problem. Giant even.

So wheres your example of my trying to control the actions of others? Have you realized your hypocrisy yet, in telling me what I should or shouldnt focus on?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join