It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Important Question for ALL atheists...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Danbones
believing and knowing are two different things

its funny you show the average christian the real cross...

yeah but that is just your belief that a navigating tool is a symbol of christianity.

nice thread on that, btw.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

If you're serious with your question can you paraphrase it and use less hyperbole.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

HarbingerOfShadows
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Religious Beliefs are not benign?
o.O
Well, your right, in a sense.
They are null.
Neither benign nor malicious.

What people choose to do or not do in accordance to what beliefs they hold is ultimately up to them.
You cannot blame religion for the misdeeds of people without making some sort of magical mind control entity out of it.

Haha right! Maybe you haven't been paying attention.

President George Bush has claimed he was told by God to invade Iraq and attack Osama bin Laden's stronghold of Afghanistan as part of a divine mission to bring peace to the Middle East, security for Israel, and a state for the Palestinians.

George Bush believes he is on a mission from God, according to the politician Nabil Shaath. Photograph: Charles Dharapak/AP
The President made the assertion during his first meeting with Palestinian leaders in June 2003, according to a BBC series which will be broadcast this month.

The revelation comes after Mr Bush launched an impassioned attack yesterday in Washington on Islamic militants, likening their ideology to that of Communism, and accusing them of seeking to "enslave whole nations" and set up a radical Islamic empire "that spans from Spain to Indonesia". In the programmeElusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, which starts on Monday, the former Palestinian foreign minister Nabil Shaath says Mr Bush told him and Mahmoud Abbas, former prime minister and now Palestinian President: "I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."Not malicious?

edit on 9-3-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by BenReclused

Because the people who do believe in their clubs version of God try to put their version of it into Government, into schools and in the general public, where it should be kept in homes and places of worship.
Many of those clubs If given enough power (history proves this) would block scientific research to only show there way is the right way, they would wage war over others because they are in the wrong club and frankly many people will fight against these people because we want humanity to move forwards not backwards.
Heck and I even believe in God.
edit on 9-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

yeah, the old humanity/technology meme.

lol!!

how long till the atheists tear down the vatican? mecca? ankhor wat? half of india, central america?
the mideast? sounds like a NWO type of plan, dude.

you can try to sanitize public places of religion, it will never happen. ever been to europe? asia?

what's with all the paranoia about religion? people should be worried about atheists, imo.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Okay what's your paranoia with atheists then?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

BenReclused
reply to post by schuyler

Not really. Op announced this was a VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR ATHEISTS. Basically atheists are saying, no it isn't.

Well, considering the responses of yourself, and many others, it seems that it must have been important enough to publicly ignore, and to publicly denounce. Go figure...

You seem to have a sense of exaggerated importance about your question, which is full of the ridicule you later denounce. Your VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION isn't all that important there, Milt. It's kinda lame, frankly, and violates basic principles of logic.

It's not our fault that your argument is so damned weak.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Grimpachi

Religion is a matter that is influential in almost every aspect of our societies. Why would anyone stay quiet when something irrational has so much influence?

how much influence does religion have in the obama admin?

lots? none? some? details, please.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

You missed the most important part sir.

What people choose to do or not do in accordance to what beliefs they hold is ultimately up to them.
You cannot blame religion for the misdeeds of people without making some sort of magical mind control entity out of it.

Was it intentional?
edit on 9-3-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

IMO probably more than it should.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

tsingtao

Grimpachi

Religion is a matter that is influential in almost every aspect of our societies. Why would anyone stay quiet when something irrational has so much influence?

how much influence does religion have in the obama admin?

lots? none? some? details, please.

I am just going to throw this out here lol, the administration like all administrations is a form of religion. New text books, new rules, same megalomaniacs trying to persuade people and of course the same foul smell of dictatorship and control.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Grimpachi

the Louvre must drive them nuts. lol.

You mean this. Personally I have never given any thought on the place. Why would it drive us nuts?

big giant pictures of religious stuff, statues and all kinds of related things.

and it's public! OMG!

beautiful stuff, btw.

truly inspired.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I am more worried about the country I live in.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

If you're serious with your question can you paraphrase it and use less hyperbole.

what is your idea of a world without religion?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

A sane one.

Or at least more sane than now.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Grimpachi

HarbingerOfShadows

o.O
They are null.

President George Bush has claimed he was told by God to invade Iraq and attack Osama bin Laden's stronghold of Afghanistan as part of a divine mission to bring peace to the Middle East, security for Israel, and a state for the Palestinians.

George Bush believes he is on a mission from God, according to the politician Nabil Shaath. Photograph: Charles Dharapak/AP
The President made the assertion during his first meeting with Palestinian leaders in June 2003, according to a BBC series which will be broadcast this month.

The revelation comes after Mr Bush launched an impassioned attack yesterday in Washington on Islamic militants, likening their ideology to that of Communism, and accusing them of seeking to "enslave whole nations" and set up a radical Islamic empire "that spans from Spain to Indonesia". In the programmeElusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs, which starts on Monday, the former Palestinian foreign minister Nabil Shaath says Mr Bush told him and Mahmoud Abbas, former prime minister and now Palestinian President: "I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq,' and I did."Not malicious?

funny stuff.

who told obama to get rid of mubarick and ghaddaffy? valerie jarret?

worked out better, i guess.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

Okay what's your paranoia with atheists then?

don't have any.

i think of them like my pug trying to take over the world. she just yells and screams gibberish. annoying.

it's a fad. they fade with age.

religion is here to stay, as it's been since we could think.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

tsingtao

Grimpachi

HarbingerOfShadows

o.O
They are null.

funny stuff.

who told obama to get rid of mubarick and ghaddaffy? valerie jarret?

We can only hope it wasn't Zeus, Odin, or Yahoo.

Wouldn't it be the crazy if it was Odin.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Grimpachi

I am more worried about the country I live in.

let's see, NK has no religion so that might be a place you would like and won't have to struggle to change anything.

atheists don't care about other countries and peoples?

just the USA?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Grimpachi

A sane one.

Or at least more sane than now.

yeah, not very detailed, ya think?

define sane.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by HarbingerOfShadows

Yes I did read that. And that part of what you said in no way strengthens your argument the beliefs are 'null'.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join