It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Important Question for ALL atheists...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Religion is a matter that is influential in almost every aspect of our societies. Why would anyone stay quiet when something irrational has so much influence?

It seems that, you're jealous of the influence of religion. Why? And, what has that got to do with the existence of God?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

BenReclused

Religion is a matter that is influential in almost every aspect of our societies. Why would anyone stay quiet when something irrational has so much influence?

It seems that, you're jealous of the influence of religion. Why? And, what has that got to do with the existence of God?

See ya,
Milt

I am not Jealous at all. Try again.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

It computed just fine.

I'm not concerned about god belief. I am concerned about the people that believe they know that god's mind. Religion.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Once again .. you deflected and failed to address the questions. And I"m not the one tossing insults. YOU are. Once again .. I"m not your 'buddy'. Ma'am would be more appropriate coming from you. Answer the questions or be forever labeled a troll.

1 - Why do you think that all atheists are on a quest to prove that God does not exist?
2 - Why do you think that all atheists are trying to convince others that God doesn't exist?

Those are not proper questions. They're only your flawed perceptions of what you imagined my intent was. And, just so you know, I never yield to demands.

You should pay more attention to the content of my posts, than you do to the content of your head. That's not something that I have any control over. Nor do I, want it.

Would you like to make an attempt to answer, or complain about, my new question? Or, do you have any other demands, that I should also, ignore.

I consider "buddy" to be a gender neutral term. So, please forgive my previous errors.

See ya, (Please note, that I am no longer referring to you as "buddy", nor will I, ever, do so again.)
Milt

PS:
Please, feel free to "label" me, as you so desire... I suspect that you do a lot of that...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I am concerned about the people that believe they know that god's mind. Religion.

Why do you feel that should be your concern?

Have they hurt you before?

Do you feel that your "lack of belief" should be their concern?

Thanks for the focus, and I am genuinely curious. That's not something that I, readily understand.

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Then, it seems, that you must be afraid of that influence. Is that it?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Of course it hurts me. I live in a society that is primarily religious. Religious beliefs are not benign. They influence decisions that directly affect the World I live in. These decision's are based on theological beliefs which have no supporting evidence.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
religious conspiracies?
ummm
take a close look at my av, lol

www.viewzone.com...
check the link...
athiests you won't be disappointed

edit on 9-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You can't prove a negative as large as the non-existence of a higher power anyway.

Doesn't stop some from trying, that's a given.
But, it's a fools quest in my humble opinion.

"Do what thou wilt an harm none."

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

MOMof3

The prophets of old were disciples and instructors of God, then Jesus came and trained disciples to go out "two by two". I think that says the burden of proof and the responsibility to spread that truth is the believers task. If God speaks to you personally, lucky you.

I always liked this Psalm:

"The heavens declare the Glory of God, and the Firmament shows his handiwork."

I am not an atheist, but I don't blame people for losing faith in religion. The false teachers that have come along the past 30 years have brought Christianity down to base beliefs in money.

hi MOMof3,

your last statement/sentence has been what Jesus said, a long time ago.

same with atheists. they have been brought down by a few bad apples.

agnostics otoh, like the OP, have a sensible view on possibilities. time will tell what they will end up believing. (yes, no or maybe)

as a believer myself, i don't care what one believes. most of us don't. it's up to the individual to find their way.

but if someone asks, it is up to one to tell what they know, not ignore.

the disciples were the first to start spreading the Word. there are always some that are called to do that on a large basis. (preachers, etc)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

BenReclused

Then, it seems, that you must be afraid of that influence. Is that it?

See ya,
Milt

Not fear either. You are a little warmer though.

I welcome you to keep trying though if you get it I will let you know.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Religious Beliefs are not benign?
o.O
Well, your right, in a sense.
They are null.
Neither benign nor malicious.

What people choose to do or not do in accordance to what beliefs they hold is ultimately up to them.
You cannot blame religion for the misdeeds of people without making some sort of magical mind control entity out of it.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Sailor Sam
I don't need to prove the non-existence of the one "god". You have to prove he does exist in order to convince me. And as you cannot, you try and make me disprove his existence.
Just read Genesis and you will find that your god was one of many extra terrestrials who come to earth and mated with the local population to create the species Homo Sapiens.
Homo Sapiens then decided that these extra terrestrials were "gods"' which eventually turned into the single "God", "Allah" or "Yehova" of the Christian, Muslim and Jewish religions.

Christmas, now purportedly the celebration of Jesus' s birth was a much older festival to celebrate mid winter.
Easter was not the death of Jesus, it was a much older festival to celebrate the coming of the warm weather, a celebration of renewal of life in all it's forms.

you don't believe in God, yet you believe in ET's?

got any proof of them besides the odds they exist somewhere in the universe that God created?

who created them?

christmas and easter have been explained. explain Lent.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
lent
what bankers do with your money to make money off your money till they get killed working for the vatican owned mob bank

and ea star is the first star to rise in orions belt...
edit on Sunpm3b20143America/Chicago33 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

BenReclused
A new question for all participants:
Because the first question was so difficult to understand, that many could only complain about it. Here is a new question (That, most hopefully, will be perceived as "ism" neutral.)...

If one doesn't believe that God exists, why would one choose to be concerned about "that" nonexistence?

I'm not. Why might you be?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 018America/Chicago3RAmerica/Chicago2014-03-09T18:26:01-05:00Sundayu01America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

good one.

and i offer, why do they feel they should be included in having their belief symbol next to a cross or star of david or ten commandments?

do they feel left out? why, if one doesn't "belong to anything?"

and even having other perceived religious symbols removed from places.

the Louvre must drive them nuts. lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
believing and knowing are two different things

its funny you show the average christian the real cross...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

LesMisanthrope

IF INDEED, YOU DO SUCCEED, in your quest to prove that GOD DOES NOT EXIST, how do you plan to convince, the unconvinced, that YOU REALLY WERE LOOKING IN THE RIGHT PLACE??? Or, have you thought that far ahead? What if you fail to convince them, WHAT THEN... ???

What's to prove? Can you prove there isn't a pink elephant orbiting Sirius? I'll wait...

You're back!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

the Louvre must drive them nuts. lol.

You mean this. Personally I have never given any thought on the place. Why would it drive us nuts?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HarbingerOfShadows

Religious Beliefs are not benign?
o.O
Well, your right, in a sense.
They are null.
Neither benign nor malicious.

Null??

You're telling me the belief god thinks gay people are an abomination and that god thinks marriage should be between a man and a woman only, was not in any way influential in the ostracizing of millions of people? Just a total coincidence so many hold those religious beliefs and the lack of equality among LGBT.

Just totally null.

Pardon me.

And the opposition towards embryonic stem cell research has/had nothing to do with the religious belief that 100 cells in a lab dish has a soul and that god would view it as murder.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

Of course it hurts me. I live in a society that is primarily religious. Religious beliefs are not benign. They influence decisions that directly affect the World I live in. These decision's are based on theological beliefs which have no supporting evidence.

so what's the plan?

go all vulcan on everyone? AI? skynet?

where does it hurt you? do you get headaches and paranoia when you see the WTC cross, too?

there will not come a time i will bow to any man, concerning my belief.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join