It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo III v 2.0 + RoS later this month!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Loving the new patch for D3, it's like a totally new game. Lots of changes.

Some old builds are now obsolete (like CM Wiz and PermaZerk Barb), but the skill changes have opened up a ton of new options as well, and altogether there is a lot more diversity now.

Loot 2.0 is a huge step in the right direction, and the new paragon system seems much more rewarding than what we had, given that you can now customize your stat distribution and make up for shortcommings in your gear.

Combat is vastly improved and more tactical - you have to think about what you are doing a lot more, and it's less about mashing buttons, more about endurance, placement, tactical retreats, skill combinations than it used to be. Fights are longer and more epic as a result.

Diamonds are back.. Crafting is actually useful.. On the whole it all feels pretty solid now.

And then on March 25th Reaper of Souls comes out with new items, level cap increase to 70, adventure mode, Crusdader class, nephilim rifts etc etc..

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I

CAN

NOT

WAIT

(Can you tell I'm kinda excited to send my little wizard girl off into this new world?)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

So Wizards are like the most powerful thing ever now, and Frozen Orb seems to play just like the old D2 Frozen Orb Sorc... good times to be a Wizard..

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I love the new patch!

Was one loooooong download though.

I'm still debating on reaper of souls, but the patch made it a much more likely purchase.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

I spent 12 very long years getting ready for D3.

I'm still insanely disappointed to have been handed a port of a console game, which was sold as the exact opposite.

Blizzard has lost touch with the game developers they were.

I see no sign of them returning the the glory days of their studio.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

lol

Bummer that you don't like it.
Being both a console and pc gamer....I have no problem with it. I actually was starting to get very bored until the patch came out. I love it now.

It seems pretty true to Diablo to me.
Although I do not like the fact that you have to be online in order to play.

edit on 4-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

The always online DRM was always going to be a problem for some people. Some people I feel really sorry for because it affects them and they aren't able to play. Other people who are opposed to it on a purely 'principles' basis, and I have a hard time feeling sorry for them really..

Bottom line is away from the Realms, D2 was riddled with cheats and bots. The only realistic way around this is enforcing the veracity of the game files via online DRM so that we make sure every person playing has the same basic game files as everyone else.

Given the option I would prefer no DRM at all, but I am realistic in my expectations and realise that this is the only real way to stop cheating.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

It seems pretty true to Diablo to me.

Skill tree.

They ruined it, by forcing me to follow a cookie cutter progression in my stats/abilities with only items being the thing that truly provides character growth.

It's not an RPG, it's an action adventure game, much like Skyrim was. I don't appreciate them trying to sell me an RPG when clearly it is not.

Oh that and the insanely short campaign. I mean, 12 hours? Are you kidding me?

There's a whole bunch there I hate, but then again, I'm an old school gamer. I still play Dungeons and Dragons once a week.

I miss when the days when games were hard and they weren't spoon feeding you plot. I miss the days when they didn't introduce gimmicks just for the sake of pandering to the casual gamer market.

ETA: Side note, DRM is insane and should NEVER be introduced requiring a online connection for a piece of software you paid for.

It's one thing when steam does it, because you haven't bought a copy of the game, you've licensed a copy of it.

Blizzard is effectively committing property theft every time you try to log on and can't play because of their server issues.

~Tenth
edit on 3/4/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yeah, the skill tree is another bummer. I didn't think about that.

As far as RPG goes....

no doubt diablo has always been hack and slash adventure more than hard core rpg.

They should just do something like Diablo XXX and give me an unlimited never ending dungeon I can go crawl into and never come out of, that would make me happy...

lol

I still play D&D, or used to. No time anymore due to work and all my D&D buddies live about 90 miles away now.

Diablo certainly isn't d&d although when the first one came out it was a one of a kind.

I really didn't care all that much for d2, it was ok, but just seemed to lose D1's random feel to it.

That was what always got me about Diablo, the randomness of the dungeon. D3 seems to put some of that back in, but yeah, it is an incredibly short campaign,probably just to make more money on expansions.

I suppose if I had more time to sink into it like I used to that would bother me some, but now, I don't mind the shortness.
If I want a seriously in depth MMORPG I will go play ultima online.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The cheating was terrible in both d1 and d2.

I agree.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

My 350k base dps DH says he's gonna miss the AH

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

The skill tree's were kind of mucked up in D2. There were plenty of skills which were useless after a certain point, but which were prerequisites for the Lv 30+ skills you really wanted to use. Some attempt at fixing this was made when they introduced synergies, but then synergies themselves created their own, new problem of some skills being extraordinarily overpowered and broken.

The concept behind it was a good one, but the implementation itself was always half arsed.

I wasn't aware that the playthrough time of acts 1 to 4 was significantly shorter than D2? Some kid was able to beat it in 12 hours, but what was the quality of his play experience during that time? What did he have to skip etc? It took me a few days, I don't know how many hours exactly but many more than 12 my first time through.

Anyway, I have zero interest in sitting here defending a game others despise. If you don't like it, good luck to you etc. Move on.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Meh, I played through it in roughly 15 hours and didn't feel like I'd missed anything significant experience wise.

I just hate being led by the hand.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
play on some rust servers mean time, is a good game maybe best of the year of course after diablo witch is my favorite too

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

rungms
play on some rust servers mean time, is a good game maybe best of the year of course after diablo witch is my favorite too

Having a hard time seeing how this is in any way relevant. Let's be honest - it's not.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

UPDATE

The gold and real money Auction Houses, which were a controversial feature of the game, closed down last night as part of the final phase of 'Version 2' of Diablo3.

The game has seen a huge influx of returning and new players since the 2.0 patch went live, with opinion generally very favourable - though it hasn't been all good news. Latency and packet loss issues have been a big problem for many people, though that seems to be a fault with routing through AT&T rather than an issue with Blizzard. It's improved a lot, but it still rears it's head from time to time.

On the whole though it's been very successful. Can't wait for Ladders to make a return and of course RoS in exactly 1 week!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

I spent 12 very long years getting ready for D3.

I'm still insanely disappointed to have been handed a port of a console game, which was sold as the exact opposite.

Blizzard has lost touch with the game developers they were.

I see no sign of them returning the the glory days of their studio.

~Tenth

Path of Exile
www.pathofexile.com...

poe>d3
i got both

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Blizzard have just confirmed dedicated AUS/NZ servers ahead of next week's launch of RoS. This now means sub 100ms pings for everyone down here. Aus & NZ players are absolutely ecstatic.

Personally, my ping has gone from minimum 300ms (avg 500ms) to 30-35ms. It's pretty incredible, and has totally changed the gameplay experience for all of us here.

Despite that, we are still connected to the America's realm, so we still have the same characters, friends list etc.

Looks like Blizzard are really trying hard to avoid a similar scenario to D3's troubled launch back in 2012 and are receiving loads of positive feedback, both with regards to this issue and with D3 v2.0 and RoS in general.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
OH man I am loving Reapers of Souls expansion.
The crusader is fun reminds me of the HammerDins.
Got him to level 70, insanely strong.
Just need to figure out which character i want to level up next.
My DH is around level 68, so might finish that one off, or work on my wizard.
Not sure which one yet.
I don't get much playing time due to work, and having a 7month old.
Wish I had more people playing that i knew like i did in Co2.0.

The drops are awesome, even with little magic find, even the rare items are better.
This game now has a feel of something that can be enjoyed for years.

If you want someone do so runs with message me your ID and when i get home later i will add ya and we can do some runs. Would be nice to start building a friend base in the game instead of random games, or solo.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hello guys, I am a big Diablo 3 ROS fan too! I've got a level 70 witch doctor that has 750k dps and 7.5m EHP now.
But I'm playing in Asia server, maybe none of you can play with me, however, play in a team is much more fun than alone...

top topics

join