It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I seek truth yet it remains hidden..going bananas looking for the right religion (Help me)....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

supamang
There are so many religions, so I made up my own:

It is superior to ALL other religions

We do not accept new members

We do not accept donations

And I am not allowed to tell you any more about it

So, go make up your own religion. Follow the above three rules, and you too can claim it is superior to all others.
sounds like you made an occult. Lol just joking.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There are no religions - there is only You.

I believe the most beautiful event in the Cosmos is the discovery of The Self. All you need is within you.

Where to go from here?
Find somewhere quiet to relax, lay down somewhere confortable, cover your eyes, breath with your belly - in through the nose and out through your mouth in a soothing phase, just watch the darkness behind your eyelids and try to clear your mind.

Reality confuses our minds and fills it with noise and only by being quiet can we find the subtle sound of truth whispering ethernal knowledge.

-MM

edit on 5-3-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Religions are man-made. Therefore, because man is flawed (not perfect), religion must be flawed, as well. Every single person on this planet has their own spiritual path to walk. No one path is correct for all. Therefore, I suggest learning meditation. Almost every so called religion does it....prayer is actually a form of meditation. Through meditation, you will come to know yourself. Once you know yourself, you will find your path. The easiest way to meditate is getting lost in a campfire, or candle light. You know how you stare at it and time flies by without even realizing it? Yep, that's meditation, too. Eventually, you will begin to "hear" a small voice talk to you. (No, you are not possessed.) It is God talking...either itself, through an angel or guide, an alien guide (yes, it happens), or maybe a past master (if you are so lucky). What you have to do is learn to trust the voice. If it is a real helper, it will NOT lead you anywhere you do not wish to go. Protect yourself with a simple prayer, before-hand, asking for your teacher to make itself known. Ask that it be from the light (God). Darkness does not come from light. Therefore, asking for guidance from the light of God protects you from any harm. Listen to what the voice says. If it makes sense and feels good, follow it....you will then be starting on your own path.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Those who believe in thee shall seek the truth first. By seeking the truth you will find thee in ways that are only unique to you.

Those who have no intrest to seek thee shall be kept from the truth untill you are ready to seek thee.

What is the truth ?

The truth is of what ever u seek.

You seek better life style ? Opportunitys will arise

You seek a answer to a question ? The answer will be delivered though an experience.

You seek a conspiracy, you will be sent on a quest to figure the truth out for your self.

Anything that is not relevant to improving you will be deliverd in a quest that you have to embark on to figure out for your self. It will be up to you on how far into the rabbit hole you want to go.

If its for your own personal development then it will be deliverd in experiences.

You can scrap the following:
Idols
Heven and Hell - no such places
Demons - these are aliens and beings from pther dimensions, spirits are the human form.
Churches - this is the root of manipulating people in how to think, behaive and act, therefor judgment of those who aunt like them and not to mention guilt trips
Donations - why does god need your money ? Why do the people who spread his word need your money ? Why do you need to build stone churches with marble floors and gold pillars as a place so u can worship him ?
Lord and Saver - this makes no sence at all. I dont even know where to begin with this as I could write a 5000 word report on this and what had a great deal of the knight templers executed due to there findings with this.
Sins. In order to grow learn and experience you MUST sin. A life with out sin is a boring life and a waste of a life
Good deeds. To think good deeds will score you brownie points with god you have another thing coming. Besides what is considerd a good deed in one religion is considerd a sin in another. What is considerd as acceptable behavior in one part of the universe in considerd horrific behavior in another.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

So it looks like you believe in a god of some kind and you aren't sure about what else is true.... That's fine man. You gotta accept that you are a human being having an experience called life that did not come with any directions, don't be so hard on yourself. I mean suicidal? Really? That's never the right thing to do. The truth goes by many names my friend. To me every religion is a river and every river flows to the ocean we call god. So pick the one you like the best and just go with it. I honestly don't think the human mind and body can comprehend ultimate truth, we can only grasp it from so many perspectives. Once we get out of these bodies we will see more i think, just don't get out to soon. Life is a ride, enjoy it.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Go your own way, and meet us at the end. After all, we are all going in the same direction.
edit on 5-3-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Remember in my example I said that we are assuming humans have created the technology required to create a functioning A.I. So we can easily assume that humans at this point understand consciousness enough to program it. I'm saying that in my example that we have created a being that is like us down to the last detail, ALL except that it resides in a computer that we programmed. Does this being have consciousness?

I'm not sure.

It may be, that the simulation has to be as good as our own is, for consciousness to take hold. Or can be lesser and smaller for it to take hold.

At the same time, Scientists in 2004 have already grown a rat brain in a petri dish, hooked it up to a flight simulator (simulation) as its only perception of reality, and this brain learned how fly the plane correctly even on the hardest levels with the worst weather conditions.
2004 Brain in a Dish Flight Simulator

Now mind you, there is a physical brain that exists there, and its reality is the simulation, which is an illusion. But its physical reality in the petri dish may be reality and not-illusion. So this may be the limit to consciousness and simulations in that, you have to have a physical brain as the interface which consciousness uses.

I have seen in dreams & meditations, devices like brains, that become interfaces for consciousness including loved ones using these to speak to us from the afterlife, and simulations, and living people using them to connect to simulations. However then you still have consciousness itself, limits, and physicality.

For now. Both of us and neither of us.

Perhaps subjectively. But as an absolute truth, either there is or isn't, meaning one side will be right and the other will be wrong.

OR by programming rules for A.I.'s development into the computer, like simulated evolution. That way, we don't have to know how these internal functions work, we can let the program develop them independently while developing its A.I.

If consciousness is lacking in this evolution with the simulation, I don't think you will get things like Love, philosophy, enlightenment to develop within such a system. That could be the ultimate proof

If they do, science hasn't found them yet. Just look at how science has handled the smallest units of mass. We've gone from Atoms; to protons, neutrons, and electrons; then to quarks; and so on. Seems like every time we zero on the smallest unit of mass, we find something smaller.

Actually when they get down to strings, especially in Bose-Einstein Condensate, those smallest units of measure all become one non-local nondual Oneness state. Something similar to Enlightenment in the individual. Coincidence or synchronicity?

Not exactly the same though, their philosophies may vary here or there but have the same overall idea. But that means that they aren't the same (ie subjective). Of course even if they are the exactly the same, the fact that you and I are having this debate is proof enough that philosophies are subjective.

Which brings us back to subjectivity.....something that is true itself. The default mode of experiencing existence. Just because something is subjective doesn't mean its not real and true.

What you just described there is learning language. A child doesn't have to know that the woman standing over it caring for it is called "mother" without knowing that that is what she is.

Language corresponds to thought and uses thought to express itself. Before you talk, you have to think of what you will say. Or you can spontaneously blurt out random words (from the mememory of thoughts).

Sure A child doesnt have to know the word or thought, but it is learned or the image is stored in the mind as a memory regardless. Each child by default learns to think via superimposing labels over all of reality and themselves as well

Love is an emotion. Emotions are the result of chemical reactions in our brain. Now whether those chemicals being released is a natural reaction given a set of circumstances your brain is interpreting or your consciousness forcing your body to release those chemicals to experience it is remaining to be seen.

Study Finds Emotions Can Be Mapped to the Body
Might want to read the above link. I'll quote the best part:

"We often think the emotions are something that happen only in the mind, but there's also lots of evidence suggesting that they also happen in our bodies," says Nummenmaa. In order to understand whether anger is qualitatively different from happiness at the body level, and not just the mind level, Nummenmaa had to design the right type of study

Furthermore there are too many anomalies to suggest Love comes from the heart. I'll give you an example from my own life. I recently visited a retreat center in India, and there were about 50 people equally split between men/women. Well I started to notice my heart jumping and acting very strangely (in a very mystical, but also physical way), every time I was around some of the retreat people.

After a few days of trial & error I figured out it was a girl who was effecting my heart this way. Now this girl is completely the opposite of what I would ever go for, very nerdy, glasses, dressed bohemian style, sandals all the time, etc. Put it this way, since I got there, I never looked twice and just skipped over her. So mentally and in the mind, I would never even approach this girl unless I needed help with my calculus, but this was so new to me, I had to figure it out.

Well eventually I started to talk to her and told her what happened, and we started talking, getting to know each other (this whole time my heart is just doing flips), and we ended up basically like 2 peas in a pod under very mystical almost soul-mate-ish kind of circumstances. She even showed me a note to self she wrote for the new year, and one of what she asked for was a soul mate connection and all the features of what the guy would be like, is exactly how I am......

...it was all heart first, brain later. Even the ancient texts say loves comes out of the heart, and in one of my worst break ups ever with the only girl I ever truly loved, I could feel pain in my heart from the heart break.

By the way, my heart tests and check ups, ekg's & ct-scans all come up clean for heart health

Thinking is just a process of energy transferring between synapses in our brain, another chemical reaction. This being said, how does your consciousness think without a body? CAN your consciousness think outside your body? Is consciousness just an illusion created by the chemical reactions to help us handle reality?

When you were a child, you were merely aware...that original new-born awareness, is the primordial consciousness that you are, and within it is pure intelligence and also the ability to think, though its a lot more different then thinking with the brain/mind.

Yes consciousness can think outside of the body and its a lot clearer, faster, better than the brain based thinking.

That is called instinct. Instincts in humans is something that is fiercely debated on whether we have them or not.

What I'm referring to is very simple, you feel and know directly that you are completely soaked. Maybe it is instinct and coincidentally many link this to the gut, which also has brain neurons within it. Coincidentally, the gut is where you enter into mediation to reach the Absolute Beingness....at least its one of the places, which means you are directly uncovering/experiencing the source of instinct, and you can argue that since instinct includes and aspect of knowing, you are also uncovering the source of pure knowingness.

Did you know in Set theory, infinity can have different sizes? For instance, the set of all real numbers is larger than the set of all integers? You were kind of on to this by discussing I Georg Cantor's infinite math. Here's a link: The Different Sizes of Infinity I bring this up so we can transpose to a different discussion. What if there is a BIGGER infinite being than the infinite one you witnessed?

Yes I knew this all along, but really didn't want to get into the different infinity sizes because they came up more so within the confines of a person counting infinity who stops to take a break. In that stopping, you have that set. While another counter never stops counting infinity gives you that set.

So in a sense, I didn't really want to go there, because there is still one main infinity of which the different sizes are conglomerates of the one. Though this too can be argued against, I bring up my next point that no matter the different sizes, they all have in the same characteristic of "infinitiness" as a primal aspect tying them all together.

But what if it worked in steps? What if whatever you merged with could do the same thing with itself and merge with something even LARGER?

This does happen in Enlightenment, but it comes to an end. The drop of water (Awareness) merges with the Ocean (Infinite Source of Awareness/Consciousness) and then that collapses into the Absolute Ground of Beingness which is simultaneously the manifested as well as the unmanifested. This last aspect includes all things. Nobody has ever reported anywhere in the history of any literature anywhere on the world to have merged into anything beyond this.

If there is something larger that can be merged with after this, then awesome. I hope I can be the first to do so and report back here a set of blueprints for others!!! That would be the ultimate ride!!!!

You can witness celestial bodies outside of our planet by leaving your body? Quick question, what color is our sun?

Never really went towards that direction, just kind of probed around the neighborhood and some afterlife realms afterwards. But will saying everything looks alot more crystal clear than with physical eyes, and you see more colors, like luminescent peacocks feathers or when gas is mixed with water and sunlight hits the surface.

There is a website of an OBE'r who went up to and into it. I'll see if I can find the link

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zerozone

Gnostics huh? I've been thinking about looking into this but doesn't it basically talk about how jesus was just someone who achieved christ consciousness?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Does hell really exist? I'm reading something right now about when original writers of the bible where making it they began to put pieces of other beliefs systems into it and the concept of hell was taken from the mythological Greek location of hades where a king would burn souls. Anyone contend with this?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

I read Journey of Souls and my oh my did that book open my eyes. I just feeling come over me while reading it that made it clear to me that this is the truth. I have yet to read his second book, but I am really looking forward to it.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...[/yvid]Watch the series of Video`s ..

edit on -21600pm303pmWed, 05 Mar 2014 23:14:34 -060011America/Chicago1403 by Zanmarheim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

I would love to provide some profound words for you but you seek what most do, and satisfaction will only be found in yourself. Learn that the divine is within everything and you will find your 'truth'....
“Make your own Bible. Select and collect all the words and sentences that in all your readings have been to you like the blast of a trumpet.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

The more and more you research these religions, the more you will learn various connections to similar information, as well as notice that many things contradict themselves.

The most true form of religion comes from your heart. When you look for the answers on the outside, they will always evade you.
God, the universe and the spirit is all within you. This is why scientists haven't found the unifying code yet or the theory of everything. They continue to search for it on the outside. This code is within us.
All of these new forms of micro particles or quanta is being created by our consciousness. They are searching for the answers that our consciousness is creating, allowing it to be discovered. So what we are are finding out is that the answers are inside of us and that we are creating the experience. These are the answers which are inside of us. This is what it means to be human, to be a co creator. Human beings have the unique ability to manifest anything from higher dimensions to physical matter.

You will only find the answer when you BELIEVE and certainly KNOW that the answer will come to you in time. All secrets are revealed to us in time. Truth will never be hidden forever and lies will always be penetrated by the truth.

Continue your search for knowledge, however, the more you stumble across things that relate to you being more humble, more at peace and anything that contributes to being zen; I highly suggest you start to apply this knowledge to your life and soon the answers that are particular to your life will come to you. Also, remember - everything that you need will come to you when you need it most. Only then will you experience it.

You have taken the first steps to attaining and initiating yourself into Higher Wisdom and for that I commend you. However,
There is no point to having knowledge without acting on it.
The truest form of religion is walking the path which can only be completed by you. This is your dispensation.

Namaste

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
To the OP

Feel free to message me.

I among a few others on this board have been in quite similar situations. Just remember, if you're trying to control something - you've lost control.

The world and all it has to offer is a perpetual paradox, and I expect it to remain that way even after we transcend this form of life.

Account for everything, as you have been, and you will realize everything you've been looking for all along is already inside of you, making drastic decisions is as damaging as making no decision at all - find your moments of peace and clarity and cherish them preciously and water them with your true self, and you will become abundant in everything you wish to seek.

Patience, I'm only 24 and I know you will experience far more amazing "synchronicities" much quicker and more often than I have, my little brother remembers his past lives vividly and constantly transcends any psychic ability I've ever seen, and I have them myself.

Patience, my friend. It's coming soon.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Thanks.

It's like the the eastern religions and new age philosophies don't even reject Abraham religions it's like "Hey, Whatever man if Christianity makes you happy then go for it because all paths to lead to god" but Abraham religions condemn the other belief systems. Why would Satan be okay with you dedicating yourself to the christian god? On the other hand, He could just be extremely confident and know that most people would be willing to concede to the belief that they are god.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
You might not be open to this, but I would suggest contacting some LDS missionaries via the LDS website. They are always open to discussing religion, and they have some good ideas as well. I think they have truth, but that is for each person to discern and decide for themselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Start with this and you will find truth

He has a very strong heart energy which works with your body directly while you listen to it. I know many don´t believe how multileveled we are structured...

edit on 6-3-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
the heart works like this

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
type in "Advaita"

You dont want no religion. Trust me.
Religion only gives you "more". But you are searching for less. Because you are searching for the freedom that you already are and that are you are hiding from you right now by thinking and buying into the thought that you are not already freedom.

All religions hat enlightenend mystics. Even christianity had people who understood that "god was not outside" but that what you are. Religion is not practical. Its the end of religion to know how you are.
SO stop searching for religion. It will not free you.

Watch youtube videos of Satsang Teachers (Advaita-> NonDual Teachings) and choose the one you feel the most. I can give you a list with good teacher..

here i made a list for those who are searching like you are

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Rtardx
Does hell really exist? I'm reading something right now about when original writers of the bible where making it they began to put pieces of other beliefs systems into it and the concept of hell was taken from the mythological Greek location of hades where a king would burn souls. Anyone contend with this?

Dude, in regard to Christianity, just about ALL of it is borrowed from other religions. Christmas, Easter, the cross, hell, Satan being goat like, the stories in the OT, heck some even argue that Jesus is inspired from Caesar or even gods from older religions.

Another thing about hell, the common depiction of people burning in hellfire or being tortured for all eternity isn't even in the bible. That mostly came from Dante's Divine Comedy, which is really a condemnation of the Catholic church of the time. It's kind of funny really how some author's revenge fic became the go to idea of what hell looked like. That would be like people of the future using the Harry Potter books to get an idea of what school of our time is like.
edit on 6-3-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join