It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I seek truth yet it remains hidden..going bananas looking for the right religion (Help me)....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Rtardx
I'm becoming depressed and slightly suicidal,

Sounds like you are religions ideal candidate... cause that's just where they want you!

If you want truth.... the truth is no religion is the path to truth.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

dominicus
reply to post by Krazysh0t

At the same time, Scientists in 2004 have already grown a rat brain in a petri dish, hooked it up to a flight simulator (simulation) as its only perception of reality, and this brain learned how fly the plane correctly even on the hardest levels with the worst weather conditions.
2004 Brain in a Dish Flight Simulator

I did not know about that, I'm going to read your link. Thanks for the info.

Now mind you, there is a physical brain that exists there, and its reality is the simulation, which is an illusion. But its physical reality in the petri dish may be reality and not-illusion. So this may be the limit to consciousness and simulations in that, you have to have a physical brain as the interface which consciousness uses.

Well that certainly shows that we could create the Matrix.

I have seen in dreams & meditations, devices like brains, that become interfaces for consciousness including loved ones using these to speak to us from the afterlife, and simulations, and living people using them to connect to simulations. However then you still have consciousness itself, limits, and physicality.

About people speaking to us from the afterlife, going by your premise and that after we die, our consciousness separates from our bodies, with the ability now to explore the infinite vastness of the cosmos, why would we bother trying to communicate with our loved ones that are still alive? With the length of eternity, it would only be a short wait until they die and can join us. This discrepancy has always bothered me.

Perhaps subjectively. But as an absolute truth, either there is or isn't, meaning one side will be right and the other will be wrong.

That is why I said "For now." We don't know one way or the other who is more correct and even if we are anywhere near knowing this absolute truth. Until then we are both correct and incorrect at the same time. Think of the Schrodinger's cat thought experiment to get an idea of what I'm referring to. Yes I know this is applied to quantum mechanics more than what we are talking about, but I feel it is a good reference here too.

If consciousness is lacking in this evolution with the simulation, I don't think you will get things like Love, philosophy, enlightenment to develop within such a system. That could be the ultimate proof

Whoa there, evolution allows for life to develop in any direction. If what you are claiming is all true, then evolution allows for life to evolve to our state since we (humans) are examples of this. Therefore, if we have a computer simulation that has the rules of evolution programmed into it to develop life, it reasons that eventually a simulated life form would arise that can think and rationalize.

Actually when they get down to strings, especially in Bose-Einstein Condensate, those smallest units of measure all become one non-local nondual Oneness state. Something similar to Enlightenment in the individual. Coincidence or synchronicity?

Maybe.

Which brings us back to subjectivity.....something that is true itself. The default mode of experiencing existence. Just because something is subjective doesn't mean its not real and true.

Keep in mind, subjectivity doesn't mean that it IS real and true as well.

Language corresponds to thought and uses thought to express itself. Before you talk, you have to think of what you will say. Or you can spontaneously blurt out random words (from the mememory of thoughts).

Sure A child doesnt have to know the word or thought, but it is learned or the image is stored in the mind as a memory regardless. Each child by default learns to think via superimposing labels over all of reality and themselves as well

Well it's hard to know if that is a universal truth or not since 99% of all humans on this planet speak an establish language or communicate with it (I'm thinking sign language for that last bit). We don't really have many examples of humans who haven't been exposed to language their whole lives and how they analyze and interpret the world. So it is hard to make a definite statement about this one way or the other.

Study Finds Emotions Can Be Mapped to the Body[/url]
Might want to read the above link.

Again, thank you for the link. I'll do that.

*snip*

...it was all heart first, brain later. Even the ancient texts say loves comes out of the heart, and in one of my worst break ups ever with the only girl I ever truly loved, I could feel pain in my heart from the heart break.

By the way, my heart tests and check ups, ekg's & ct-scans all come up clean for heart health

Nice anecdotal evidence. I'm happy for you. But on the flip side, as of last Friday, I am now 29 and that hasn't happened to me not even ONCE in my life. Most people are married and having children by then. Am I just defective? I'd like to think that isn't the case.

When you were a child, you were merely aware...that original new-born awareness, is the primordial consciousness that you are, and within it is pure intelligence and also the ability to think, though its a lot more different then thinking with the brain/mind.

Yes consciousness can think outside of the body and its a lot clearer, faster, better than the brain based thinking.

I'm going to have take your word for it. That seems counter intuitive, but I've seen my own fair share of evidence to suggest it is so as well, so I'll just leave it at that.

What I'm referring to is very simple, you feel and know directly that you are completely soaked. Maybe it is instinct and coincidentally many link this to the gut, which also has brain neurons within it. Coincidentally, the gut is where you enter into mediation to reach the Absolute Beingness....at least its one of the places, which means you are directly uncovering/experiencing the source of instinct, and you can argue that since instinct includes and aspect of knowing, you are also uncovering the source of pure knowingness.

Well notice that the go to term for these things is gut instinct?

This does happen in Enlightenment, but it comes to an end. The drop of water (Awareness) merges with the Ocean (Infinite Source of Awareness/Consciousness) and then that collapses into the Absolute Ground of Beingness which is simultaneously the manifested as well as the unmanifested. This last aspect includes all things. Nobody has ever reported anywhere in the history of any literature anywhere on the world to have merged into anything beyond this.

If there is something larger that can be merged with after this, then awesome. I hope I can be the first to do so and report back here a set of blueprints for others!!! That would be the ultimate ride!!!!

Certainly, but it would also prove that you haven't found absoluteness yet since there is a greater essence to reach.

Never really went towards that direction, just kind of probed around the neighborhood and some afterlife realms afterwards. But will saying everything looks alot more crystal clear than with physical eyes, and you see more colors, like luminescent peacocks feathers or when gas is mixed with water and sunlight hits the surface.

There is a website of an OBE'r who went up to and into it. I'll see if I can find the link

Sorry that was kind of a trick question. The sun is actually white. The reason it appears yellow or orange to us is because of gases in the atmosphere. If you find that link, see if he describes what color the sun is. If he says anything but white, he is talking out his ass.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The only truth is the one true god and yeshua

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Rtardx
I'm becoming depressed and slightly suicidal, I've been on the internet scanning videos and articles, searching libraries, and having face to face conversations with friends. I'm trying to find the truth to it all, But no matter what there's always a contradiction and counter argument to any belief system I drift towards (Including atheism). But it's so overwhelming when you look into all this new age occult teaching: Gnostics, Atlantis, sacred scrolls, etc. and this stuff goes on and on. Then there's the abrahamic religions which are just as complicated (Kamballah, Christ consciousness, Quran, Torah, The countless versions of the bible etc.) And who can forget about the hundreds of thousands of religions spread through ought the east? I'm considering dropping out of high school and becoming a bum just so i can dedicate my life to seeking truth. Then there's the whole new world order fiasco.

No, I will not resort to atheism. Not when i have had countless personal experiences with the law of attraction, astral projection, telekinesis, etc. Just no man. I want to just let it all go and let my intuition and heart guide me but can I really even trust that? I just don't understand how the majority of people can be so secure with their belief system when there's so much to this.

Debate, Advise, and discuss with me. I only seek truth.

Have you heard of The Urantia Book (www.urantia.org...)? As a teenager I was in a similar frame of mind as you. No religion seemed quite right and none seemed to hit a cord with me. Then in my early 20's I was introduced to The Urantia Book (UB) by a guy I worked with and I've been studying it ever since (over 20 years).

Though most all of the information in the UB was new to me, it seemed familiar. There is a type of harmony in the information portrayed unlike any other book. First let me tell you what the UB is not, it is not a religion. There is no church or clergy, there are only students. There is a foundation, but all they do is publish the book and work on translations. There are a handful of organizations around the world, but they are basically study groups.

What it is, is a book of over 2000 pages about God, the Universe and your place in it. I think it could give you satisfactory answers to most all your questions. I would be more than happy to guide you around the book if you have specific topics you would like to look up. That is how I started reading the book. I bounced around and tried to look up specific things. Once I felt comfortable with the book I started from the beginning and read through. You can even download audio book versions.

My belief is this book is intended to help the individual develop their own relationship with God (religion). It does not direct you to do this or do that. It just presents information. Its a very deep book, and is not for everyone, but from meeting many readers over the years the one common factor is they were all unsatisfied with organized religion and all began a journey to seek for new information.

I wish you the best on your searches and hope you give the UB a try.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidx

thats pure fashism...(do you really believe in a god which limits its way?)
edit on 6-3-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

What Truth do you seek? There are many Truths to find. Start with the Truth of your beginning. That is your beginning Truth. Drink the milk and digest it. Do not seek the crumbs or the whole loaf until you are ready. Look at how you see yourself in the scheme of life. What religion did you grow up with? What exactly does your avatar name mean?

You have probably experienced things that you were not spiritually ready for, thus the confusion of identity and understanding. My Teacher stated to us to not dabble in the Astral Plane. He said that it was a trap. Once in and being subjected to the entities that exist within the plane when one is not ready can tie you to those influences. Pray first to be cut free from those forces and then start where you are at. If you truly seek the path of truth then you have to ready to hear the truth. " When the student is ready the teacher will appear.
edit on 6-3-2014 by prophetboy12 because: additional words

edit on 6-3-2014 by prophetboy12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Acidx
The only truth is the one true god and yeshua

I wish this smiley was animated!

korg.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Learn about yourself. Find what resonates with yourself. There is not 1 single way. What you believe is personal and not the "wrong" way.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EmpathicBandit

Good One

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonLightStars

there is not one single Method. When you calculate all the possible ways it comes down to two things.... Truth or Proof.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Kudos.
Yeah that is just where they want you. But we all must have a leader!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

That's true, you just need to decide if you want quantity or quality. Because if you try to have both well then I think you can see the big picture.... More the marrier is like the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Too answer the question about....Why would someone try to contact the after life" if they know their is one. Well first of all this would be one great big video game were stuck in....but we don't have the option to turn it off when we sleep because of the fear of dreams. Watch the Enders Game. or Looper.... My Greatest Nightmare was that nothing existed anymore
edit on 6-3-2014 by Richw007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Richw007

Kudos.
Yeah that is just where they want you. But we all must have a leader!

Why?

I lead myself.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Peace

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

If its scientific truth you want learn physics and science.
If its truth in yourself you want then learn yoga, budo or meditation

All other paths are false

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by smcneil01

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rtardx

that's why I chose mine in my own image

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Well that certainly shows that we could create the Matrix.

Yes its coming regardless, one way or another. Humanity may end up shifting into a matrix life that is more sugar coated then what we already have.

OF course the Buddhists are all saying we are currently living in a matrix on false illusion-projections which are coming out of our own minds as the projectors of all illusion.

About people speaking to us from the afterlife, going by your premise and that after we die, our consciousness separates from our bodies, with the ability now to explore the infinite vastness of the cosmos, why would we bother trying to communicate with our loved ones that are still alive? With the length of eternity, it would only be a short wait until they die and can join us. This discrepancy has always bothered me.

attachment & free will.

The attachment aspect of a newly deceased consciousness to want to communicate that everything is alright. Then a slow acclimation to this bodiless existence & eternity.

Free will means that just like you see people on earth mucked up in addictions, attachments, suffering, creating their own hells, and so forth, this is also possible in the next realm, as consciousness has the ability to bring with it many of the programs/projections that were picked up on earth.

Also just like on earth there are hierarchies within a single world, countries, governments, police, rules/laws, limits, confines, etc, there seems to be something similar constructed or in place in the afterlife. Now which Path/Religion you go by as far as how it all works, is entirely up to your own discretion. I've seen Universities in the afterlife and various levels of heavens & hells all resting upon and within this absolute beingness I've been referring to. Maybe a conglomerate of what they all say of how it is after, seems to give a good idea, as well as when you read all the different near death experiences of people all over the world, which also give you a universal idea of how it all works.

And it seems, those who get full blown permanent Enlightenment, are the only ones the surpass all the rules/laws, limits, & hierarchies in the afterlife. But I digress.

That is why I said "For now." We don't know one way or the other who is more correct and even if we are anywhere near knowing this absolute truth. Until then we are both correct and incorrect at the same time. Think of the Schrodinger's cat thought experiment to get an idea of what I'm referring to. Yes I know this is applied to quantum mechanics more than what we are talking about, but I feel it is a good reference here too.

YEs I understand & am familiar w/ all the quantum stuff including schrodingers cat. Yes we are both right in that I do experience what I'm referring you and you don't. So it is true in that respect. However, there is that invitation, based on what I am saying, for you yourself to take the plunge and experience what I'm describing so you can see for yourself.

Whereas your perspective to me, not experiencing what I'm referring to, is a place I have already been, and return to off and on when not experiencing the absolute, i.e. the drop of water comes back out of the ocean.

Whoa there, evolution allows for life to develop in any direction. If what you are claiming is all true, then evolution allows for life to evolve to our state since we (humans) are examples of this. Therefore, if we have a computer simulation that has the rules of evolution programmed into it to develop life, it reasons that eventually a simulated life form would arise that can think and rationalize.

I'm open to all possibilities, maybe consciousness will arise in the simulation and start trying to figure out who the programmers are and what the escape form that simulation is, but at this point I highly doubt it.

Reason may arise from simulated evolution. But without consciousness, there will e so much that will be lacking. We'll see eventually anyway. Humanity & Science will create this experiment eventually so it will have to be a wait & see deal. But my money is on consciousness not arising in the simulation unless there are actual physical brain/neurons connected to it like the rat brain flight simulator deal. We'll see.

Keep in mind, subjectivity doesn't mean that it IS real and true as well.

What does science say? Is Subjectivity as the default human experience of life/reality factual or not?

I agree with your statement though. I think its brilliant where your stance is because everything is brought into question. This is one of the ways someone who enters a path via any of the maps/blueprints available, accesses the absolute beingness I speak of. You kind of question your own reality, thoughts, experience, subjectivity and start to deconstruct and unknow everything, and then SURPRISE, the absolute ground of being shows itself prior to all things.

Well it's hard to know if that is a universal truth or not since 99% of all humans on this planet speak an establish language or communicate with it (I'm thinking sign language for that last bit). We don't really have many examples of humans who haven't been exposed to language their whole lives and how they analyze and interpret the world. So it is hard to make a definite statement about this one way or the other.

They have brain scans of sign language people and it shows they also see the sign language and rely on memory and thought to interpret and communicate back. We can say 100% its all based on thought/memory in human communication. OF course if you start bringing what those who are enlightened say, that's a whole other thread. Imagine seeing everything naked and without filters of thought, memory, etc....

Nice anecdotal evidence. I'm happy for you. But on the flip side, as of last Friday, I am now 29 and that hasn't happened to me not even ONCE in my life. Most people are married and having children by then. Am I just defective? I'd like to think that isn't the case.

.....a relative example as is mine. I went 11 years (24-35) just in complete solitude, single, just unraveling illusions and on a variety of spiritual paths to get to this absolute as well as just so much self sacrifice and knowing thyself. Its been such a great period of my life with so much growth & deconstruction and I would never want to change that.

But I agree in the saying, "It's better to have loved & lost, then to have never loved at all." Its definitely a pinnacle of human experience and I'd highly recommend the experience
It teaches self sacrifice, compromise, selflessness, and stirs up negative aspects as well in the subconscious, anger, jealousy, attachment, etc. Its such a deep experience. If you want it, you can manifest this in your life, but that's an entire different thread or you can u2u me for more on that (i'd be happy to share)

No your not defective. I'm 35 w/ no kids and still technically single (The girl I met is still in another country working on herself). So we'll see what happens. Of course I've always been a non-conformist and lone wolf, and my friends who are married & have kids, are living check to check, broke, and many of them tell me on the side that they envy that I have free time, can travel the world, and have savings, lol. Its all a catch 22. When you are in Love, you have periods of missing the single life. When you are single, you have periods of wanting to be in Love and with somebody.

Also, I've been close a number of times to becoming a monk in a monastery and just giving a big middle finger to the archetypal constructs of having to be married with kids. You are just a non-conformist. Do what you feel is right, know thyself, question everything just like your doing, and if you want love you can manifest it

Certainly, but it would also prove that you haven't found absoluteness yet since there is a greater essence to reach.

Agreed, but like I said, nowhere in history has something like what you refer to been found. So what the chances are that there maybe another deeper shift? I'm not sure.

Sorry that was kind of a trick question. The sun is actually white. The reason it appears yellow or orange to us is because of gases in the atmosphere. If you find that link, see if he describes what color the sun is. If he says anything but white, he is talking out his ass.

Well everything looks way different when you are out of the body. White light in that state actually has all these luminescent peacock colors that intertwine into it and make it white. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he saw as well.

Found the link......just giving you a warning, alot of stuff just sounds crazy far out there to the logic/reason base of the mind. But if read with openness that anything can be possible, then the guard of skepticism allows for a little bit of mental masterbation with all of these things

Sound Current Rider

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join