It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry: "Don't behave in 19th-Century fashion by invading another country on trumped-up pretext."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

This morning on CBS' "Face the Nation", John Kerry made this statement about Russia invading the Ukraine:

"It's an incredible act of aggression. It is really a stunning, willful choice by President Putin to invade another country," ... "You just don't in the 21st Century behave in 19th Century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pretext."

When I saw that, I was like: WHAT

Isn't that what the U.S. did in Iraq? The U.S. invaded Iraq because it was claimed that they had "weapons of mass destruction", and it was also claimed for a short time that Iraq had some involvement with the 9/11 attacks. Both of which were false claims.

I smell an ocean full of hypocrisy here.

I just found Kerry's statement to be hilarious, hypocritical, and hogwash all at the same time, and wanted to share.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Unfreakingbelievable!
Does he really think people have forgotten?

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

That just made me spit the coffee across the monitor with laughter!
You have Kerry's address so i can send him my cleaning bill?

la2
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Exactly, for the first time in a very long time, US and UK can't take the moral high ground, we are just as bad as everyone else, and now we face a country that can defend itself.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The sad thing is, that would be funny if it wasn't so scary at the same time.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
lol.... where has Kerry been since the 1800's. ?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
HAHA, U.S propaganda is some of the best though to be fair, just all the nice effort they put into it, sharp suits, excellent studio, acoustics, lighting. Better budgets than most TV shows.

Well presented all in all, shame about the mad brainwash lies, but still.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Horse Head just recently declared that "global warming is the worlds most deadly weapon of mass destruction!" He is insane as is everyone else on his team, Clapper, Samantha Power, Barry, Hagel, etc. ... the insane don't realize that they're insane!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Bellor
HAHA, U.S propaganda is some of the best though to be fair, just all the nice effort they put into it, sharp suits, excellent studio, acoustics, lighting. Better budgets than most TV shows.

Well presented all in all, shame about the mad brainwash lies, but still.

Well 100+ years of Hollywood sure makes them masters in "Make Believe".

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

Yeah man defiantly, basicaly I think thats why it works, its just so well presented people genuinely enjoy letting it wash over them like a soap opera, and it works.

The Germans knew it, not many others though, creating hollywood was smart smart smart.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My God, that actually made me laugh out loud. My wife thought I was reading the Sunday comics.

Do you think he actually believes the crap that spews from his mouth? If not, he is one heck of an actor. I could never have gotten out his lines without out a few dozen takes.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Kerry scares me far more than Putin. This isn't Uganda or Myanmar (Used to be Burma..). This is #2 (or better to some thinking) in the world. They're absolutely never..ever..ever..going to react to being pushed around or bullied by the US.

It's amateur hour while our side plays for dramatic TV moments DURING the friggin crisis and posturing over top of the need to engage with Putin in how this all sorts out for the long term.

It's incredible to watch. I've watched Thirteen days a few times and put a bit of time into the other end of that for the reality. At least as much as someone who didn't live it really can. If Kennedy and his crew had gone around show boating and taunting like we're seeing here? 'We' wouldn't be here, as our parents would have largely cooked off in the war to have followed bad judgement there.

Obama needs to take control here and start acting Presidential..... I think the red phone is ringing and they can't stop the goof off play to media long enough to answer it.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Its becoming so hard to like anything about my country any more....(America if you didn't get where I was going with that)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Two words come to mind after seeing that. National Embarrassment. Someone needs to stuff a gag down Kerrys throat.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Kerry is a classic political idiot.........

But if the military/industrial complex decides they want a war.....then war it is. when the war makers say "jump" to the politicians say "how high"

In America...war is business as usual. Who profits...follow the money!!!
edit on 2-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Pot calling kettle black.....

This is why I will refuse to support the possible comeing war.

The hypocracy makes me sick.

Its like a global game of risk. A game I want NO part in.
edit on 2-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I was blasting around on Live Leak this morning and I ran into a few Pro-Russia videos from the Ukraine. What is the western media not telling us? Just what percentage of the Ukraine's population is Pro Russian and what percentage is not?

There are tons of people in the street and tons of people cheering for Russia. I sure wish the truth was more evident.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Clearly Kerry is hoping the only people watching him didn't have their first television until last week..and so don't know about Americas numerous incursions into sovereign countries on what could be called "flimsy pretexts" like WMD's, Gulf of Tonkin, the USS Maine etc etc.

Maybe what he was really trying to say was - "In the 21st century we invaded a country still living in the 19th century", but the words came out all wrong..

Him saying that is like Hitler calling Stalin a mass murderer...
edit on AM7Sun20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
"You just don't in the 21st Century behave in 19th Century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pretext."

Like when the US invaded Iraq because of those magical weapons of mass distraction, I mean destruction?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Kerry scares me far more than Putin.

I have to agree.

Putin knows EXACTLY what game he is playing and is in control.

Our goverments seem to be running around like headless chickens. A real US president and UK PM would have come up with a plan of action friday.

As much as I hate the two (for economic reasons) Regan and Thatcher would have had a plan and be carrying it out by now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join