It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Opera Working Thread II

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

nenothtu
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Works for me, too. The only change I'd make in the narrative if it were me is the 8000 mile distance to the moon...

Okey-dokey Sir,One hundred and eighty thousand might do it?

(Glad to see you're back)
edit on am b201414 563 am by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

silo13
So there's no reason to think Jeni couldn't have made it through the 'Glass Veil' when the Deson Transporter went awry?

No, no reason at all. The beam gets shot int the mist, then she gets reassembled somewhere on the other side of it.

I almost hate to ask this but the pyramid? It's above ground or not? I think so as Merlin saw the ‘slim ship’ above, but it sounded a moment like it was underground? Not sure why I'm confused there.

The pyramid looked above ground to me - but mining operations it was meant to support here and there were probably BELOW ground... but that ground they're below could be anywhere, anywhen, any dimension.

And - the Avalon where the Sisterhood is where Jeni wants to stay to get healed and learn or whatever? That's NOT the same Avalon Inc? or is it?

I can't say if it is or isn't - I don't control those characters. I'd vote for "isn't", but that's just me.

Taking this into account it sounds like it is the same. Avalon Inc goes the way of Avalon (as it's ages later and Prada May is gone)..? I think I may have answered by own question there.

There is a "York" in England, and a "New York" in America. there is a "Bristol" in England, and a "Bristol" in Tennessee. There is a "Lebanon" in the middle east, and a "Lebanon" in each of Tennessee, North Carolina, Kentucky, Virginia, and Ohio. Having the same name doesn't always specify the same patch of ground.

Thank you Neno for the explanation. I'm getting closer to understanding the whole rip/dimensional etc.

peace

You're welcome.

edit on 2014/3/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

silo13

Where the pyramid is? Not sure yet what planet it is? Good to know we’ll find out later.

It really doesn't matter where the Avalon Planet is, as far as the story goes. Think of a train station, an airport, or a bus terminal. You get off of one vehicle, wait around a while, and get on another, heading towards your destination. It doesn't matter where the station is, because that's not where your going until you get to the end of the line.

It's more of a "travel hub" than a "location". At least that's my concept of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

A boy in a dress

nenothtu

Works for me, too. The only change I'd make in the narrative if it were me is the 8000 mile distance to the moon...

Okey-dokey Sir,One hundred and eighty thousand might do it?

(Glad to see you're back)
edit on am b201414 563 am by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

Yeah, 180,000 ought to work.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I -too, vote that the title 'Avalon' is merely a connection to the company
that I and Neno will receive a cheque from for advertising.

I think.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Ummm... just a thought, but if the company went belly-up, would their cheques still be good? I need to know, because I don't want to buy this yacht against it,and then get stuck when it bounces...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

nenothtu

Ummm... just a thought, but if the company went belly-up, would their cheques still be good? I need to know, because I don't want to buy this yacht against it,and then get stuck when it bounces...

Oh... er, I've just promised mine to a big chap with a scar on his face.
BIAD has been borrowing money from one of these dubious people to
purchase... well, 'Viking-gear'!

I wish you wouldn't relate your pastimes on here Neno, he get's so excited
and he's a devil to deal with!!

(Posted Story)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I like it, I like it!

In honor of BIAD, when I get that yacht, I'm going to put a dragon's head on the prow... maybe an uktena head...

But yeah!

I'll put the little missus to work making TWO tinfoil helmets with tinfoil horns then!

PS - key words for the new villain are "undiscovered country". You'll puzzle it out eventually, while BIAD is chasing butterflies with a wooden sword.

edit on 2014/3/8 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Very cool entry - and the pics help a lot.
Looking forward to getting my strings tied up so I can get there.
Have a great Sunday!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Your latest avatar made me envious, so I took a swing at this one.
Respect to everyone.

(You will have to re-size it!)

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I hope I can get a post in the next few days.

After that - I'm not gone - but it might be a few days (up to a week?) before I'll be able to post again.

My computer is dying and it's going to take a bit to get a new one.

Have fun and see you soon!

Happy St.P's Day All!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I wrote half of a post, then got a bit sidetracked. I put in 50 hours between the two jobs last week, and am looking at at least that again this week - inventory coming up, have to get everything STRAC. Work, together with some ongoing research that is running entirely through rabbit holes into other rabbit holes, and gathering data for a mapping project has got me bumping int myself coming in the doorway as I go out through it.

I plead the slow downs that accompany old age and infirmity of mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here's another one and thank you Mods for allowing this.
Now back to the Space Opera!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just about settled in - back in the USA is no fun - but - at least there's hot wings, lol.
Should be back to posting within a day or two...unless I try to swim back home which I just might do.

Will go have a look at the storyline now (should have done that first I know) and again I hope to post there soon... At least spending time here with the Space Opera will keep me away from the all you can eat buffets and soft serve ice cream.

hugs around - miss you all - see you soon

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Who would of thought it would have taken me this long to get a pizzeria up and running and good (or as good as I can get from this gene pool) employees to at least give me a little bit of free time? Welll, I never would have thought.

But all that’s besides the point. I’ve missed the Space Opera something fierce. I miss all of you.

I’d like to post some - at least get ‘my’ gang back on Ship - or situated. Having them caught in limbo (stasis?) is horrible.
Yeah, I’d like to get them at least back on their feet and out of the situations they’re in. Some closure? Something. So I’ll go back and read and re-read and see what I can come up with.

Any hints on where you all are and what you’re up to - (in the story line) - would be appreciated!

Any info on your ‘real life’ - my messages are always open.

I hope and pray you’ve all been well and happy.

peace

gracie

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Sounds like you've been a busy girl!

I've been busy and somewhat out of sorts myself, and haven't posted in the story in months. I should rectify that, post haste, since I left poor old neno heading towards a mystery pyramid in a strange place... much like life in the real world. I'm no longer in the inner-city neighborhood I was in. We've moved to, as it is termed, an "undisclosed location", WAY out in the boonies. maybe not far enough out yet - a few days ago I had an interesting confrontation with a number of armed men wearing camouflage and armor. Scared the bejeezuz out of the little missus - she was convinced I was about to be shot. Must've been all the guns those gents were pointing at me. 'Twas nearly impossible to convince her she ought to go back into the house (so that I had only me to look out for, rather than having to look out for TWO people and worry over who was where at any one instant) and let me deal with it.

It all turned out well - I'm still typing, ain't I? Case of mistaken identity was all. I had the high ground, anyhow (literal, physical high ground, as opposed to the moral variety - that could be debated, I suppose), and they had no quick way to get to me before all hell would have broken loose, so we reached a consensus through discussion.

I might find a way to work that incident into the Space Opera - I get so much of my inspiration from real events!

How's the pizza business? I might stop in for a pizza and a calzone next time I'm around the Civilized World!

edit on 2014/10/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu
Hi You

The pizza biz - well - the pizza and food is great - the economy doesn't support it. Oh well, that just means more time to get back to the Opera. I've really missed you all - including our characters - and I can't wait to see what's going to happen now.
As a little background story - (one of ) my first nights back in the States I was involuntarily NOT - arrested, lol. Some guy in a lounge at a HoJo's didn't want to take no for an answer... In the end? He hit the ground - via my busted knuckles. With broken nose he cried for 'help' and to 'arrest' me for assault... I told the cop to lock me up - right now - cause I wanted to stand in front of a judge in the good ol'USA and ask why a women doesn't have the right to defend herself anymore. The cop gave me a salute and let me go. Wanted to punch him too... All meaning - I'll work that into the Opera.
Good to see you and my best to you and yours.
Oh - I got hitched too, but I'll not work that into the Opera!

peace

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I went back to page 84 to get going - here’s what jumped out.

- Biad Jr. is to be raised by Sslar and Newman - something to do with the Book of the Wretched.

- Death goes to Neno’s ‘rock’ and makes Neno (who’s feeling poisoned - like a sympathy thing to Sslar maybe?) chose between letting Sslar die - or Newman. Neno engages Death in a fight where of course Death disapears.

- Question - Did Death do something with BIAD Jr. at that point? Like deposit the he/she on the planet?

- Newman let’s Neno know Silo is somewhere on the planet.

-----> Note here - since it looks like Wildtimes is gone (???) I’m not going to approach any of those characters unless they directly relate to the ongoing story.

- Soooo the Giant was supposed to help the Vithians get the stone - that would have helped plug the holes in time caused by time travel.

- Simple plan - Neno would get his world, the stone would be discovered and the Yydryl crew would live on Khalamzadar IV.

- Jordan (?), a time traveler has the mission to find the origins of the ‘Sisterhood’.

- Silo, being sucked dry by the ‘creeper’ vines has an encounter with Allena.

- Flint and Argus find Silo.

- We meet Quiet, the warrior prince crippled by the Giant.

- We learn Flint is Quiet’s son.

- They call Silo ‘Violet’.

- When the Wolf Clan’s (if that’s who they are - we’re still not sure) but when their rescue ship returns they plan to take Silo with them.

- Jordan XX, Mr. Jordan -the tall figure sent by The Vithian Council to urge or if need be, take over from Tibbs in his quest to allign the timelines and get the crew of The Yydryl to live out their existence on Khalamzadar IV.

- Eigyr is Arthur’s mother

- 'The Bell sat slightly-askew near some canvas tarpaulin that Gilland and Henry Jessup had requested for their next jaunt back down on Khalamzadar IV and the Head Repair-Droid would be only too-happy to see the Repair Rooms back to some-sort of orderly condition. Corky tilted his big bronze-coloured head and gazed out at Nenothtu's planet, the crew were still down there and The Yydryl really needed to be on her way.'

- Question = Where is the Yydryl headed and why???

- 'The Atomic Marraige' Groves called it and swore them to secrecy. July 16th 1945... BIAD would never remember this day. But The Gadget would.'

- Question = Is the Gadget coming for the Yydyl? Or what?

- Flint is using the vine still attached to his hair to hunt.

- Question = How did Sslar get healed and then get to Silo? Neno was checking Sslar and now she’s at the hut where Silo is - so - there will have to be a back story there unless it’s still coming up.

- The Healer Queen Mag knows Neno is near and reacts violently.

- Flint ‘forgot’ to tell the Queen about the vine he’s using to hunt learning this when they’re hanging from a vine sack trap spinning above the ground.

- Argus and Mag are constantly at each other - digging and getting in digs over where Mag's actions have taken them - though we don't know the whole back story yet.

- Biad is instructed to look for the crystal - about the size of your head - and will be placed in the Gadget just off the coast of Ireland - Biad slips into the water.

End Page 84

Page 85 coming right up...

peace
edit on 26-10-2014 by silo13 because: added info

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Page 85

- In a place just west of the tip of Ireland/ The opaque stone that would dog Boy In A Dress as he wandered the universe lay on the seabed, deep below any prying eyes. In a place legend called 'Hy Brasil'

- Biad finds a vessel named The Yydryl - covered in barnacles

- The Yydryl IS under water there! Holy crap!

- The crystal is put into the Streamer.

- The Gadget is there under the water.

- Neno finds Flint and Argus - sure he recognizes them but not sure from where - and of course they’re in need of help hanging as they are from the vine net.

- Neno doesn’t help them get released but does hand Flint his ‘sticker’. Argus says he’ll be coming for his knife soon. Neno looks forward to it.

- Biad dies - we meet Jake who’s living on ‘ol Man Tibb’s place’ - and I’m confused, lol.

- Biad tells stories of Pandora, Death, the Wolves of Four ways.

- Back on Ship Chumley and Jeni are getting ready for the rendezvous to planet side.

- Chumley’s having a difficult time getting used to his new biped skin. He’s upset SHIP went back into SHIP instead of remaining in her biped form.

- Jeni admits she loved Adam.

- Newman confronts Neno over not cutting down Argus and Flint.

- Neno is a little freaked that on this freaky planet he knows little about all of a sudden Adam’s dreams are coming true. People and events from Adam’s dreams are appearing like Adam knew the future and now it’s happening.

- Neno and Newman part ways - Neno learning there’s a lot more to Newman than he thought. Newman is armed and turning back to Flint and Argus. Neno let’s him go.

- Flint finds a good sized vine for Argus and gets his knife as a gift in return.

- Argus takes Sslar to hunt. There’s a natural affinity between the two that’s yet to be explained - and even though Mag says Sslar is bound to her there’s a question about that - a question that might turn out to be pretty important later on.

- It seems Dag kills Pandora with a pair of scissors and a prayer from the Sisterhood.

- Pandora is dead - Death kills Craddock - the Splitter takes the Baby and...

Onto Page 86

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Page 86

- Dag and Adam are ‘released to their own reality’ after Pandora and Cradock's death.

- Moriah (one of the sisters saved from a long ago planet and story line) has taken over as a Security expert on Ship - we meet her again.

- The Splitter ends up in Edwardian England with the yet to be named issue of Pandora - The Splitter meets a chimneysweep Jenovah. They share the secret of the baby.

- Argus brings a mostly dead Newman to Mag who’s snide until she sees the condition the being is in.

- A huge Praying Mantis type bug almost killed Newman but provided some good meat.

- Argus learns Flint and Silo/Violet are with his mangled brother Quiet - who’s mangled in his body by the giant and in his head by the crippling.

- Mag knows Argus is in love with Violet

- Biad reads of Bisley Deeps and the witch hunts - says something about the Gadget and wonders why.

- We meet Pax - Mag’s second in command and a frenemy to Argus. Pax will not let Argus into the hut where Quiet and Silo/Violet are.

- Pax is a Cul - a two colored eyed Cul (from a past story line).

- Argus is relieved The Cul Pax is there - it means they can all go home.

- Pax stills when hearing Silo/Violet’s hair is purple - a legend of a violet haired girl that will lead them. But to what?

-

Repairs to a grazed manifold above the two-mile high Cooling Towers were under way, a small squadron of Hover-Bots were busying themselves under the leadership of the inept Tik-Tok. Passing micro-asteroids had been the cause and Ship was monitoring the procedure. There were trace-scents of Tutintine in the area of The Droid Repair Bay, but The Yydryl knew that Drake was running some tests on a strange mould-like substance that three Maintenance Droids had discovered down in the redundant Holding Bays over in the Supplies Sector.
find here

- Flint is left to guard Quiet’s door not allowing anyone in or out. Flint does not want the job facing against Argus but does it anyway.

- Argus drugs Flint hating himself for it.

- Argus promises he’ll take Violet AND Flint with him - he’s leaving.
- BIAD writes a side story (maybe not) about an alien crash, alien being and the ones surrounding it. Not sure how it fits in but I can’t wait to find out.

- Neno, Sslar, Margo and the Starwolf go through the ‘mist’ -

Note: Something will have to be written up for why Sslar left Argus hunting to go to Neno - obviouse but still should be covered.

- Pax is angry at Mag for telling Newman (under drugs) about who and what they are to find out about Neno.

- Pax finds out Newman is a ‘MilliBeing’ and swears to kill him. Mag pulls rank - as Pax pulls away from her embrace.

- Pax finds out Neno, Silo and Newman are connected but says it changes nothing - he will still kill Neno.

- Mag admits she had to leave the whole of her people ‘frozen’ to go out to find the Neno (not sure why the frozen part - yet) - but now? Now she’s not so sure about killing Neno as it was the whole Yydryl gang and the Xang cat that saved the Culs - Saved Pax’s people.

- Mag tells Pax they’re gone - Argus’s taken Violet, Flint and left - but not sure if he took Newman or not.

- The alien is Muckles!

- Muckles takes revenge on Agent Carling.

- Jordan tells Mr. Carpenter to leave.

- Saved - Muckles and Tibbs part with the others to return to their little cabin - remarking Neno’s left with Margo - they’re adults and taking their own road.

- The Gadget comes back for Biad - in the mist - and in the form of a moth.

- Mucklebones takes control of the grand Dragon Utanki

- Biad takes a plunge into the mirror of the A-Bomb

- Flint wakes and freaks out Argus that the drug was too strong and he might be dying - only to laugh in the big mans’ face.

- The Giant - out looking for pain relief - kills all in the encampment when Mag and Pax are in the transport vehicle Pax brought with him. Quiet fought the Giant and died. Pax saves Mag and now the Giant is after Newman.

End Page 86

edit on 26-10-2014 by silo13 because: link fix

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join