It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in Georgia

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Congratulations!!

Standingby is the fourth poster in this thread to end up on my ignore list for jingoistic, arm chair general, puerile comments

This thread is about the Georgia - Russian War, not the Second World War or a discussion on "why America is [inserting patriotic term]."

Please do not derail the OP's thread.

(p.s: ignored means I cannot see your posts; so do not bother wasting bandwidth space to reply to something I cannot read.)

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy
reply to post by Standingby

Can we please stay on topic here? This is not a WW2 board - there are plenty of those elsewhere.

WW2 ended 63 years ago. This war is taking place now. Relevence between one and the other - nada. If you wish to question the strength of Russian military, the military board is perfect for that. In this conflict the strength of Russia's full military is of no importance, since it is an isolated conflict and Russia has less than 3% of its military engaged.

Tell you what, you stop with the pro-russia propaganda, I'll stop challenging it.

But you're right, I didnt start the tangent, but I dont need to further it.

[edit on 8/9/2008 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Let's all stick to T&C and do not derail the thread.

This isn't about WWII.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Tell you what, you stop with the pro-russia propaganda, I'll stop challenging it.

If all you came in this thread to do is challenge my propaganda with some off topic random WW2 comments rather than discuss the current events in South Ossetia - I have nothing to say to you. You are clearly derailing the topic - and you will not draw me into a WW2 discussion.

I will have to place you on ignore list.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by maloy]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yea you're right u.s. military fears nothing that's why there's videos on youtube of u.s. soldiers in Bagdad crawled under their bed crying (shot with camera phone) while the base is getting shelled.

Because they're all 18 year old underprepared and under trained punks getting sent out to iraq in a month's worth of training. Drop in the bucket. LOL good one pal.

Um ya drop in the bucket, heck we kick out more homosexuals a year than we have deserters and suicides combined.

The army says it has confirmed that 115 active-duty soldiers committed suicide last year, with two more investigations still pending. That is a rate of nearly 19 per 100,000 soldiers. The rate was just under 10 per 100,000 in 2002, before the Iraq invasion, and has been rising steadily, except for one year, ever since. The rates for the last two years are the highest since record keeping began in 1980.

War is hell people kill themselves. Just because one kid is scared for his life crying does not make him a coward. It makes him human. War requires practice, that is what the Russians so damn good by the end of ww2.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Standingby

Relevence of what you just said to the topic: zero.
Troll: one.

link   
Five people now ignored in a single thread *sighs*

Back to topic.

British and European media is silent now, all sides are settling down for the night and strengthening positions. EU is to hold an emergency summit tomorrow.

Tomorrow may be the bloodiest day.

link   

Originally posted by maloy

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

If all you came in this thread to do is challenge my propaganda with some off topic random WW2 comments rather than discuss the current events in South Ossetia - I have nothing to say to you. You are clearly derailing the topic - and you will not draw me into a WW2 discussion.

I will have to place you on ignore list.

Thats cool, ignore me. I didnt come here to derail the topic, I replied to YOUR COMMENTS.

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS on the subject of ships, although unconfirmed yet:

4 Georgian patrol boats attacked one of Russian missile support ships near Poti. The Russian ship fired a cruise missile which sank one of the Georgian boats.

(source is in Russian)
www.sevastopol.su...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The Topic of This Thread is the CURRENT War Between Russia and Georgia

Let's get back to it before the ATS Staff artillery starts flying.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This forum has most of the pictures of the conflict currently available.

militaryphotos.net...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have to ask:

When I view sites like CNN, MSNBC, etc. I see people wounded and people Dead. Why do we show this? But, if an American died in the States, we would show a sheet over the body or a wide shot of the area, but not a close up of the victim.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Because people in the States are civilize and show respect by covering up the dead. Use your brain.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by amfirst

Wow. Don't come in here with that. I am asking from a TV networks standpoint.

You are now on ignore.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
EDIT: I in fact just saw that warning so give me so time to move this response to another thread.

You really should stay on topic but since your apparently being allowed to continue i will test my luck too.

Originally posted by Standingby

A reply awaits here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes

Stellar

[edit on 9-8-2008 by StellarX]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
real fair--I do not plan on arguing ww2 here as we have been warned--nor do i want to debate that, i just did not like the antisemitic remark.

PUTIN CLAIMS "COMPLETE GENOCIDE"

Interesting that Putin claims this when the death rate can not even be verified

[edit on 9-8-2008 by Standingby]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I just saw BBC morning International news.
it seems BBC is siding completely with the Georgian side, all complete with footage of the Georgian military aiding innocent civilians, old men and women and rushing people to the hospitals.
Why don't they cover the fact that the same Georgian army which were the initial agresors keep shelling the Osetian capital and lots of people primarily Osetians are probably dieing without aid?

Why news outlets are doing stuff like that? How is it taking sides any helpful in resolving conflicts?
And all that over what?

[edit on 9-8-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

When I started this thread on the night of the 7th, Russian and Eastern news were all over the conflict, while CNN, Fox and all other Western sources were sleeping.

Suddenly they started reporting on the war only after Russia intervened, which was already 12 hours after the shelling of Tskhinvali. And their first news was that Russia is moving into Georgia. All as one Western media is undermining what the Georgians did on the night of the 7th - which amount to massacre of civilians.

Yet all are all too happy to report on how Russia is threatening and bombing Georgia and is invading the poor little country. Add to that the pictures of a few suffering Georgian civilians. What about the goddamn 2,000 dead S. Ossetian civilians? Remember - thats how this war started after all. Biased news would be an understatement.

Saakashvilli is losing the war, and his political career is seriously screwed - if not his life. But he has one thing going for him - he is the darling of the Western media. Doesn't he just look so cute in those war declaration broadcasts? Awww - that couldn't possibly be a bad guy. Putin on the other hand look much much scarier.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Georgian refugees fleeing into armenia . 76th has arrived . They looked maybe siberian to me .. (short guys ..mongol sort of features ).

Georgian bomber plane shot down 12 more tanks (georgian) destroyed. 5 SO villages razed to the ground by georgian forces. They mentioned the georgian boat being sunk . Death toll up to 2000. Russians allocation 400 million $ at present for rebuilding SO capital. Georgians had thrown grenades into basements. 2 russian journalists wounded. Regugee figure now quoted at 34,000.

All SO Capital hospital's destroyed. Big aid operation underway across russia for victims of the conflict.

Been a relatively quiet night ,now Georgians re attempting to enter the city . City Under mortar fire, rocket attacks . Georgian helicopters

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

They won't be able to enter the city. The Russian troops are entrenched all around it, especially in the South. Add to that the S. Ossetian forces. For some reason I am reading that the Russian troops are not really in the city for the most part, but around it.

And why is Georgia so hell-bent on taking Tskhinvali anyway. All there is there is a bunch of ruble and dieing civilians. Saakashvilli is one sick dog if he wants to retake it just to wipe out the remaining population.

There are still large amount of Georgian troops in the Eastern part of S. Ossetia, including some immediately East of Tskhinvali.

If there is another Georgian Su-25 shot down, it would mean Georgia might have no more of them left. One was shot down some time earlier, and some planes were destroyed on the ground. Poor Saakashvilli's toys are going up in flames. His plans are too.

Also there are reports that Tbilisi airport has been bombed and 3 explosions were heard.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join