It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Brings New Ice Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Global warming will plunge Britain into new ice age 'within decades'

A story presented today in the Independent Portfolio brings warning of a slowing North Atlantic current that will bring a "nightmare scenario" to the UK and Europe. "Robert Gagosian, the director of Woods Hole, considered one of the world's leading oceanographic institutes, said: "We may be approaching a threshold that would shut down [the Gulf Stream] and cause abrupt climate changes." The research was conducted by by experts from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute.

Read the full story here - Global Warming Brings New Ice Age

This was also what was predicted that could occur in the book The Coming Global Superstorm.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thats what ya get when people make money out of selling energy

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So global warming is gonna make things colder?

I need a drink

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Just another timely warning of things to come...

www.tompaine.com...

In an article published Jan. 26 in Fortune magazine, Marshall released the findings of an unclassified report�written by Peter Schwartz and Doug Randall of the Global Business Network�entitled "An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and Its Implications for United States National Security."

The entire article is a bit chilling (No pun intended)
and LOOKS like we're heading for this drastic change in the next 20 years.

who knows?

AL

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Seeing the previews for that movie was what I thought of when I saw this thread pop up. Similar idea, from what I understand.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We can't stop whats happening unless we take drastic action.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

I need a drink

I know I sucked at the whole physics class thing, but, I have to agree here. I thought heat kept ice from forming.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The truth is that the earth's climate is far from static and anybody vain enough to think they can change that is a more than a little off the mark. What we must be careful are these predictions which are launched in a mad frenzie one after another. To accpet all these theories we must first accept the globla warming computer generated model that was developed 20 some years ago that started this whole thing. Well, thankfully, the real data being taken today doesn't back up this model to which all these theories are referenced. Its like saying something and calling it truth based upon something else that we now know to be false. Anyone who has ever studied the past know that whether humans are here or not, the climate will change. There are too many external factors to say limiting the .5% that we contribute will do anything other than passify some emotional unstables.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
www.thedayaftertomorrow.com...

Based on the book, The Coming Global Superstorm. Quite an interesting story and read, in terms of suppying information into the why/how of the storm.

I also noticed that the NY Times and Fortune picked up stories (finally) on this story from the Independant.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I read about the Ice Age idea years ago. An author portended that the reason why Ice Ages happen is due to the depletion of soils. He maintained that remineralization of forest soil is essential. Picture this, earlier Ice Ages drag glaciers over thousands of miles of soil which remineralizes it.

The Ice Age ends, then soil erodes and depletes over years, trees die, plants die, indicating a crucial causative factor in climate change. Fewer healthy trees reprocess less CO2, and volcanoes and other factors bring it higher. The gist of it is that a great deal of global warming happens at the equator. Heated water creates a weather environment that pulls cold air down from the poles. Bingo, another Ice Age!

The remedy of course is to cut the cycle by remineralizing the soil, and doing the job that the glaciers would otherwise do over thousands of years.

The key is life and life more abundantly, if you will.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
yup, our air polution is a drop in the bucket in the atmoshere.

I like the people who think that car polution hurts the atmosphere. Oh brother. Besides the fact that the atmosphere is several times larger than the surface area of the earth (to be conservative), and beisdes the fact that volcanic eruptions pour hundreds of times of polutants than we could ever create it could be plausible.

Yeah, right.

The only ones we are poluting around here is ourselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I need a drink

When you affect the climate, it doenst just make things warmer, It cools # down too.
Its basicly like "the day after tomorrow" Cept less cgi

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdebz

I need a drink

When you affect the climate, it doenst just make things warmer, It cools # down too.
Its basicly like "the day after tomorrow" Cept less cgi

This is something I was taught at grammar school in the early 1980s. Global warming will basically create a mini Ice Age for Britain due to the Atlantic Conveyor system no longer artificially heating the area.

new topics

top topics

join