It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope had never said something about an upcoming attack by aliens

page: 1

join
share:
L3X

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

To: UFO UpDates
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:29:56 -0000
Subject: Nick Pope Resigns From MOD

As many people are aware, I recently resigned from the Ministry
of Defence. The media coverage of this has been extensive, but
not entirely accurate. I thought I would explain the situation.

I made the decision to leave early this year, but for a number
reasons did not formally submit my resignation until early
September. My last day in government service was 31 October.
I've greatly enjoyed my 21 years in the MOD - and in particular
my time running the UFO project - but left in order to devote
more time to my various business interests.

In view of the media interest in my career, I issued a short
press release, simply stating that I'd resigned. The Press
Association saw this, interviewed me and ran a story which was
then picked up by most of the UK's national newspapers. I was
subsequently interviewed on numerous TV and radio shows.

I haven't resigned because of my belief in an imminent alien
invasion, as has been reported in certain media outlets. That
said, I remain convinced that the UFO phenomenon raises
important defence and national security issues, and believe
sightings should be investigated in a proper scientific way.

Best wishes,

Nick Pope

This mail was sent to Lavinia Pallotta, Impattoalieno.net website of Lavinia Pallotta (Laurea, It.) who is part of the editorial staff of "Area 51" magazine in Rome, Italy and an Italian UFO researcher. Dr Pallotta is a Network Associate.

And that news about an "upcoming attack by aliens" is the same old [poo] from media network

[edit on 17-11-2006 by L3X]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited out expletive and added link for cut/paste

Also added 'ex' tags

[edit on 19/11/06 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What kind of spin are you putting on this now?

My understanding is that the program he was running was canceled and that he deemed this dangerous to the greater good as there was not to be an official agency monitoring the skies for potential invaders.

How does this post you made claim differently?

L3X

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
What kind of spin are you putting on this now?

My understanding is that the program he was running was canceled and that he deemed this dangerous to the greater good as there was not to be an official agency monitoring the skies for potential invaders.

How does this post you made claim differently?

media reported a complete different news.

I haven't resigned because of my belief in an imminent alien

The news about this upcoming attack has made lots of rounds around major websites, and they said that Pope claimed an upcoming alien attack=FALSE

[edit on 17-11-2006 by L3X]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks for sharing this story l3X. I do believe the news media makes up stories and is to never be fully believed but just taken with a grain of salt. I am particularly suspicious of interviews because they can cut and splice the words and questions and it can come out totally different.

It appears that this whole thing about aliens attacking was done by the disinfo office of news and it was picked up by everybody.

It is nice to know that Mr. Pope didn't say that. Now, I wonder what the meaning of such a report holds. Could it be a human planned false alien attack is in the waiting and this was just to set the stage??

Guess time will tell. Too bad we can't have any real news with integrity.

The Theremin

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Aliens Capture Top-Secret NASA Moon Base!

Dude! The offensive has already commenced!

A super-secret NASA moon base -- code-named Project Prometheus -- was recently assaulted and captured by aliens, according to a high-ranking NASA official who spoke only on condition of anonymity.

NASA's little known Alien Threat Response Team, based at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, is holding around-the-clock meetings to craft a counterattack, along with a defense plan, should the aliens decide to launch further attacks against Earth itself.

NASA officials vehemently deny the story, but the agency has been abuzz with the activities on the moon. "This situation is very troubling and has given the agency a huge black eye, though no one here will ever admit it," says one high-level source in the interplanetary affairs division. "Whether or not this has happened before, I can't comment. But what I do know is that once news of this becomes public, NASA's future is in serious trouble." ...

TheCrapIsHere!!!

Our Moon Base Alpha has finally been captured by Delta Company of the elite 5th Alien Interplanetary Commando Wing of the 108 Grey Interdimensional Division of the 12th Sector Command! Rummy was sacked for this fiasco as he had refused to send additional troops as reinforcements to the Moon!

This Division is now all set to launch an offensive on the Earth. So hunker down in the nearest bunker.

And carry with you a crate of beer, because this war is gonna take some time!!!

Now how moronic can we get? I guess we're losing our marbles.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
speaking of ufo's ive think ive seen one around 7 o clock, it looked exactly like a star like you see at night except it moved across the sky. i watched it for about 4 minutes until it dissapeared into the night sky. has anybody ever heard or seen somthing similiar. i know for sure it wasnt know airplane or anything like that it looked way too far up in they sky and it didnt blink at all it looked excatly like a star that just moves across the sky.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
L3x...
I got to thinking about your post and it made me wonder. I know former Minister of Defense Paul Hellyer has said he is concerned that we will ignite an intergalatic war because of the move to weaponize space.

I wonder if Mr. Pope was actually saying something to confirm this and then got told to retract it? It seems odd he quit the MOD only to say something and then say it was reported wrong. ???

Also, now Rummy is out and he was Secretary of Defense. Is the situation with the ets getting out of hand, hence, his removal?? I believe this is more the reason than what has happened in Iraq.

Has the US pushed to weaponize space against et and now the earth is in danger?

Guess only time will tell.

The Theremin

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOne1989
speaking of ufo's ive think ive seen one around 7 o clock, it looked exactly like a star like you see at night except it moved across the sky. i watched it for about 4 minutes until it dissapeared into the night sky. has anybody ever heard or seen somthing similiar. i know for sure it wasnt know airplane or anything like that it looked way too far up in they sky and it didnt blink at all it looked excatly like a star that just moves across the sky.

You saw a satellite, not a UFO. Man made satellites account for a huge percentage of UFO sightings.

And all this stuff about Nick Pope was just the media reading between the lines. Nick Pope said that he believes they pose a significant defense risk - that means he thinks there's a risk they might attack us, and that implies invasion.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by the theremin

I wonder if Mr. Pope was actually saying something to confirm this and then got told to retract it? It seems odd he quit the MOD only to say something and then say it was reported wrong. ???

Also, now Rummy is out and he was Secretary of Defense. Is the situation with the ets getting out of hand, hence, his removal?? I believe this is more the reason than what has happened in Iraq.

The Theremin

I think the story is fishy too frankly and I wouldn't rush so fast as so many here do to make it seem like nothing is going on here. It is the classic damage control scenario with Pope here it appears. Maybe they threatened the guys pension or something and told him that no matter being active or not they still have control over him to a good degree.

If anything weaponizing space should help humanity so I don't know where the liberals are coming from on this one. Sounds like they want to be buddies with the aliens no matter what their intentions are with us. Appeasers appease is how I'd put it.

JSR

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Our Moon Base Alpha has finally been captured by Delta Company of the elite 5th Alien Interplanetary Commando Wing of the 108 Grey Interdimensional Division of the 12th Sector Command! Rummy was sacked for this fiasco as he had refused to send additional troops as reinforcements to the Moon!

why do they always have long names

new topics

top topics

join