It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
I already gave you one good example - ME.
Originally posted by xaos
What is your definition of patriotism, if it is not a strong pride in your country, and the feeling that your nation is the best one? That is the definition these people took, what do you take?
\Pa"tri*ot\, n. [F. patriote; cf. Sp. patriota, It. patriotto; all fr. Gr. ? a fellow-countryman, fr. ? established by forefathers, fr. ? father. See Father.] One who loves his country, and zealously supports its authority and interests. --Bp. Hall.
Originally posted by xaos
Who's a cute liddle megalomaniac, come on who is the megalomaniac in my life? You are, yes you, you liddle egotist you Hve a cookie
Originally posted by JediMaster
Beautiful carm, good find MM.
BC, and AA name one country where you can have more freedom than the USA? And please if you hate America get out.
Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
1) Leveller - Unfortunately I think I am being less short-sighted than yourself, whereas you only consider your life in America, I consider the world as a whole.
2) Do you think I really care how you perceive my ideas
3) Leveller - It's too bad you shrug of the downsides off patriotism which xaos listed. But as it says in the film that parallels life perfectly (The Matrix) "Ignorance is bliss". Enjoy it!!
4) Patriotism is fanaticism. Patriotism is just the fanatic support for ones nation.
5) In my opinion (which undoubtedly doesnt matter on this site anymore), collectivism is exactly what is wrong with humanity. If everybody would just be themselves and think for themselves life would be peachy keen.
Originally posted by BuddhaCession
You actually see the word "as* " as "filthy" talk?
Of course I know that Bush and Rumsfeld are just puppets; I was just talking about the snaKKKes that actually show their faces on a regular basis.
I certainly don't blame Muslims for calling the United Snakes the "Great Satan". But bear in mind, that some of the greatest minds will come out of this country, due to the trials and tribulations of such a materialistic and ego ridden place.
When you tell people who don't agree with this country, to leave it; you're contradicting what the true definition of freedom is. I'm not telling you that you can't or shouldn't say it (that would be another contradiction) but that your being contradictive.
[Edited on 5-27-2003 by BuddhaCession]