It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Patriotism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   

WASHINGTON, D.C., May 23, 2003 � The Sept. 11 terrorist attacks prompted Americans nationwide to convey their patriotism by displaying American flags on their cars and vans. One patriotic Arizona couple went above and beyond the call of duty, and their vehicles now rate more than a mere passing glance.....

Full Story

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Cool find M&M!

I wish I had a truck like that!

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
AWSOME find!

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I enjoyed reading this article as well. This couple from Arizona have a lot of guts and pride to do something like this, they show a good example of what America is really made of

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
cool looking truck. A little overboard but still...

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"Driving their red, white and blue, stars and stripes decorated-pickup truck, they embarked on a 38-day, 12,000- mile journey that took them to 39 states. Throughout the trip, the couple gave away patriotic mementos they had purchased with their vacation savings."

That truck is sweet, had to cost a pretty penny for that nice paint job. Thats a real nice thing they are doing, driving to different bases and showing their support.

"The couple recently added Operation Iraqi Freedom T-shirts to the mementos they give away. Negrin estimates he and his wife spend between $8,000 and $12,000 for each base they visit, budgeting between $130,000 and $140,000 for each overall trip. They set aside 20 percent of their gross business income for the project."

Sounds like an expensive hobby, but its a really good thing they are doing. They must have an awfully profitable business.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Disgusting, it's pretty neat how America was created by people who seeked to escape an oppressive government, yet we opress not only our own people, but we also opress citizens of other nations (through sanctions and war). Ironic it is a gas guzzling SUV as well.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
That sucked. Like I would wanna see the faces of the snaKKKes who run the world on some ugly as* SUV.

Dammit. We can't even say as* without it getting changed to ass!?

Peace

[Edited on 5-26-2003 by BuddhaCession]

[Edited on 5-26-2003 by BuddhaCession]

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
B-C, its a shame that the computer has to censor those of us who feel he need to talk filthy on the board. I say "us" because I'm one of "us".

As far as the "snakes" that run the world, your hatred is misplaced. New to the world of Illuminati and the real snakes, are we?
Well, to help you out in just the very basics, and this isn't conspiracy stuff, the American government folk are not COMPETENT to run the whole world - Think About It!

As far as the van being patriotic and all, let me just say that I'm glad I don't feel the need to do that to my own car. What are they trying to say, that they are more "American" than the rest of us? I mean I know that isn't their conscious reason, but deep-rooted, what could reasoning be?

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Budda Cession and Attera Auctorita:

As you rant and rave and hate this country, stop and consider the freedoms that men had lost thier lives for to give you the right to rant and rave and hate this country.

Please name me one (1) country, anywhere in the world, where your rants and raves would be tolerated, and you would still be allowed to live your lives in peace, and allowed to stick your hand out for a paycheck in the same country you hate so much without being shot, tortured, or locked away for decades at a time.

If you find any other such country, may I suggest... immigration?

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
tacky as a lowrider with an airbrushed woman on it

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
If you look closely, I'm sitting in front of the steering wheel in the second picture. Talk about bringing down the value of your Vehicle.

Glad I took a dump in it.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
If you believe that this country is so oppressive then why dont you leave while its still legal to do so.
Also whats up with hating on suvs if someone wants one then its their right as a citizen of the USA to buy any product that is legal. So if it uses more gas than other vehicles its their bill that they have to pay. I think that what they are doing is great bringing up the moral of the military.

dom

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
dragonrider

"Please name me one (1) country, anywhere in the world, where your rants and raves would be tolerated,"

UK, France, Spain, Germany, Potugal, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Latvia, Romania, Russia (!), Ukraine, Italy (sort of), Luxembourg, need I go on?

Even better, if you're a celebrity in those countries and you talk out against the government, you don't even get blacklisted!

As far as the car goes... they do say love is blind.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Beautiful carm, good find MM.

BC, and AA name one country where you can have more freedom than the USA? And please if you hate America get out.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
Disgusting, it's pretty neat how America was created by people who seeked to escape an oppressive government, yet we opress not only our own people, but we also opress citizens of other nations (through sanctions and war). Ironic it is a gas guzzling SUV as well.

How short sighted and close minded!!!!
You seek to free yourself yet you mock people who practice the right of freedom that they have!!!!
If you would like to write down here the reasons why patriotism is a bad thing, and I can't rip those reasons apart (which I most certainly can) then you will get your cookie.

Until this happens though, you're no better in my mind than the ideals that you stand against.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
And on to those people who are attacking Buddha and Attero.

Dragonrider: Great, I stopped and considered all those men and women who have lost their lives protecting American freedom. The only ones I could think of were the American revolutionaries who would have loved these peoples exercise of free speech without being punished by a foreign king. And, as Lysergic has answered your second question, I do not need to
As for immigration, what country would want an American? Plus it is our right to speak out against anything we find wrong with society. In fact it is our duty, as citizens of a democracy, to let our opinions be heard and accepted. So if you want, think of a country where you are not allowed to exercise free speech, like you are suggesting, and immigrate. Everyone would be happy

Ninja: Yes it is our right to buy any legal product, but on the other hand it is our responsibility to be smart about it, and buying a gas guzzler will just lead to more pollution for your children. Plus, it is also our right to try to change things in society that we feel are harmful, like SUVs. While they do have to pay the gas bill, we have to pay the cost of polluted air, environmental destruction, lung diseases and countless other problems.

Jedi: I think Lysergic answered this one

Leveller: You want the downsides of patriotism? Here you go: Hitler, Milosevic, McCarthy, Stalin, Africa, WWI/I, need I go on? Now where's my cookie!

XAOS

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaos
Leveller: You want the downsides of patriotism? Here you go: Hitler, Milosevic, McCarthy, Stalin, Africa, WWI/I, need I go on?

Sorry. You have to work harder than that. I dispute the fact that the people or the events that you mention have anything to do with patriotism.
At the most, the only thing I can give you is that the people involved were making their own definitions of patriotism and forcing others to follow it. Doesn't mean to say that they got the definition right though does it?

You can be a good patriot without invading France. LOL #. I'd invade France for any reason. Who needs patriotism as an excuse?!!!!

I know that patriotism can work. I am a walking example. I love my country and I do anything to help the people who live in it if I can. Sometimes I can do a lot, sometimes I can't. It benefits me and it benefits the society that I live in.

I don't have to blindly run about with a gun shooting other nationalities because my government tells me to and then call it patriotism. Why don't you actually try redefining the word and then maybe I might throw you a crumb or two?

[Edited on 26-5-2003 by Leveller]

dom

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Lets turn it around then. Name one good thing that has come out of patriotism.

As you may be able to guess, I consider patriotism to be one of the scourges of the Earth, along with other non-inclusive concepts such as right-wing Christianity, and right-wing Islam - The reason is that anything that says "we're good because we're special" has a tendancy to imply "you're not good because you're not special" which leads to smug feelings of superiority on the part of the "special" guys, which in turn leads to war, conflict, and in the worst cases, genocide.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dom
Lets turn it around then. Name one good thing that has come out of patriotism.

I already gave you one good example - ME.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join