It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw the left wing, I love the USA!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Fry2. kudos to you too. Our gun control problems in the US stem mainly from gangs obtaining weaponry illegally. I have to say its my opinion that the NRA are the only organization going dedicated to education and proper training in the handling of such a deadly weapon. Its from this kind of training that people learn responsibility of owning a firearm as well as the finality of pulling the trigger on another human.

As for all the other post against America; wow!! Take a day off and its like I was never here. To all you that hate us and wish your feelings and anger could somehow make us all spend sleepless nights in anguish, I have to say, keep trying. Maybe some day down the road someone in America will give it a second thought. Maybe not someone in position to make a difference and make us pay for what you say we do ...but someone. There is always hope. Now, back to my holiday weekend. Peace.

dom

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
"To all you that hate us and wish your feelings and anger could somehow make us all spend sleepless nights in anguish, I have to say, keep trying. Maybe some day down the road someone in America will give it a second thought. "

Hmm, where do you think terrorism comes from? Aren't quite a few Americans now a little bit scared about the threat of terrorism? And that comes straight from people who hate America. So I think you are already spending sleepless nights in anguish because of people who hate the US.

However, not giving it a second thought is about right. So far I haven't really seen any American politicians giving the unpopularity aspect of it another thought. When your country becomes so unpopular it gets attacked by terrorists... make it more unpopular!

Ultimately, if you want to defeat terrorism against the US, then you have to deal with the popularity of your country. The hatred for the US doesn't just come from envy, otherwise how would you explain people like Chomsky (and a noticeable proportion of the US population) who also consider US foreign policy to be deeply flawed?

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Please tell me how happy you are supporting a Queen, Prince and countless other "royalty" that last I heard, you have no choice but to support. Selection by BLOODLINE!? What kind of crap is

Your kidding right

The bush family dates back to the mayflower and one of the kings of england. If anything we have a BLOODLINE too. You should get out more.

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by Shining Wizard

I love the fact that I am college educated as our 90% of my peers

Dude. The word "our" doesn't quite fit into that sentence. I love the sense of irony that it brings to your post though.

Peace.

Why did you have to get him like that

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
The American government does not rule the world, Cider. You guys are being a tad bit overly dramatic.

They don't rule it yet but there well on there way

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by David
Ah, and i think you'll find that our government is a constituitional monarchy, which means the queen has no actual power, only a ceremonial role, she cannot veto laws or decree's or stop parliament

She's a figurehead. Ok?
And nobody is forced to accept her.

Just like our president only he has more power right?

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   

you are forced to accept her because you PAY for her to live a better life than anyone else in your country. WHY?

Oh my Goddness
Have you looked at the political spectrum in this country. How many politicions are rich!?!?

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I love this country as well, however, I despise those who run it. It's a great country, but it's a strange culture...

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The left wing (democrats in particular) is nothing more than an extension of the communist party. the left wing is trying to turn the USA into another soviet union (which i don't understand since communism doesn't work). communism is great, until you implement it's principles and the people decide that living in mediocrity sucks. so i say hell yeah screw the left wing and all that it stands for. burn the pro abortion activists, the pro drug, anti gun hippies and let this country be run by constitutionally minded conservatives. now some of you might take offence to this post, and i say, good. it will make you think about what you believe in and reconsider your stance. maybe someday this country will be perfect but not until all you lefties realize you envision a dream world that will never happen or if for some reason it does happen, work.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

You didn't answer my question about your so called "royalty".

The Queen is nothing more than a human version of the US flag.

She represents our traditional views about our country. It doesn't matter who she is as a person or what she does in her life.
It's the position that she holds as an institution that is important.

Quite right. Now leave her out of this.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 03:49 AM
link   

The left wing (democrats in particular) is nothing more than an extension of the communist party. the left wing is trying to turn the USA into another soviet union (which i don't understand since communism doesn't work).

The Right Wing are just trying to impliment a Facist Police State, so what's your point?

communism is great, until you implement it's principles and the people decide that living in mediocrity sucks.

We don't need communism for people to live in mediocrity in this country, democracy does that just fine.

so i say hell yeah screw the left wing and all that it stands for. burn the pro abortion activists, the pro drug, anti gun hippies and let this country be run by constitutionally minded conservatives.

A funny thing about these pro's. Does it make sense for a pro-lifer to be in favor of the death penalty?

Or how about one of these pro-lifers killing abortion doctors. They have to save a fetus, but if that fetus grows up to be a doctor they might have to kill it?

How about the war on drugs ran by hugs the Anti-Drug, we all know how well that's been going.

Need I tell you that those right wingers supported the south american death squads, and they're against gun and arms control (well, as long as they are the only ones with guns and arms, it's ok).

now some of you might take offence to this post, and i say, good. it will make you think about what you believe in and reconsider your stance. maybe someday this country will be perfect but not until all you lefties realize you envision a dream world that will never happen or if for some reason it does happen, work.

Unfortunately, you fail to sway my thinking to the right. I'll stick with my dreams of a world that people don't have to own guns, where right wingers are jailed for their actions, and women can make their own decision if they want to keep their own child, because we all know that none of these anti-abortionists right wingers have had to raise a couple kids working two jobs at minimum wage.

"If a fetus is more important then a woman, try getting a fetus to wash the sh*t stains out of your underwear, for no pay and no pension..." -George Carlin

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom
"To all you that hate us and wish your feelings and anger could somehow make us all spend sleepless nights in anguish, I have to say, keep trying. Maybe some day down the road someone in America will give it a second thought. "

Hmm, where do you think terrorism comes from? Aren't quite a few Americans now a little bit scared about the threat of terrorism? And that comes straight from people who hate America. So I think you are already spending sleepless nights in anguish because of people who hate the US.

However, not giving it a second thought is about right. So far I haven't really seen any American politicians giving the unpopularity aspect of it another thought. When your country becomes so unpopular it gets attacked by terrorists... make it more unpopular!

Ultimately, if you want to defeat terrorism against the US, then you have to deal with the popularity of your country. The hatred for the US doesn't just come from envy, otherwise how would you explain people like Chomsky (and a noticeable proportion of the US population) who also consider US foreign policy to be deeply flawed?

Well, I haven't seen too many scared people as far as terrorist go. If thats what they think is happening, I have to wake them up. People are angry at terrorism. people are raging and everyone over here wants a shot at one of those murderers. We aren't hiding under our beds, we are looking painstakingly for them. Scared doesn't even come into play for a vast majority of us. is that how the world paints us? Huddled in masses crying for someone to save us? Thats a riot. Look at America since 9-11 and tell me honestly, is that the view you have?

Second, sometimes the best decisions for the people that elect our officials isn't always what the rest of the world wants. Its no secret that to make the US popular with the rest of the world, we must disarm, take our GNP and present it to the UN to be divided among the rest of the world, become an impoverished backward nation and refuse our liberties that we have fought so hard to win and keep. Well, popular or not, that ain't happening. See, there are two different ideologies at work. Bring everyone up to the highest common denominator and bring everyone down to the lowest so no one feels bad about their mistakes.

And finally, what you speak of is appeasment and the US has tried it for most of the last decade. It didn't work because these terrorist fight not for their freedom but to eraticate another race and religion(s) from the Earth. They can't be appeased because doing so would mean laying down to be slaughtered and that ain't happening either. I know you think thats the only way to deal with someone is to give them what they want but when they're motives are such, I think we've learned from history, (Hitler) that doing so isn't a motivation for peace, its a motivation to take the next step toward their bloody goal.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Especially all you commies.

Keep up the good work

dom

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well actually, the US spent the last 50 years training the terrorists, not appeasing them. And removing democratic governments around the world to replace them with US-friendly dictatorships. And all other sorts of really immoral things. But I thought the excuse for all that was the Cold War, to use US recent poltical-talk, "The USSR made us do it".

I personally don't want to see the US impoverished, I'd just be happy if the huge hypocrisy of US foreign policy was changed into a more moral form of diplomacy.

And you *are* scared of terrorists, that's what has driven the whole of US foreign policy since 9/11. You guys are running scared right now, and it's your own stupid fault.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It must be nice to live in a country that cannot be touched by these terror groups. Of course we thought we did too until it happened. Your definition of running scared and the American version don't seem to mesh very well. And as for it being my stupid fault, sorry.

Of course I only live over here but you know better than me because you watch AlJazeera and the Iraqi information minister talk about how scared they have made us. They are fooling themselves and if you're buying it, they have fooled you too. Nobody is running scared but the very vermin who strike out at unarmed people and then can't seem to be 100% successful at that. Thats the funny part, remember Richard Reid? Yeah, the scared to death Amercans on that flight put some pain on that guy before they landed.

My point is this, its easy enough single out the old and weak in any culture but when it comes to looking down the barrel at someone trained to stop you, they don't seem to have much stomach for that. I would be very surprised if a dozen of those chowder heads could hi-jack a plane load of grandmas over here now. So, think what you will. You're not here, you don't know. You're wrong. Why, because I can walk out this door and see it and do everyday. 9-11 was their one and only shot to bring it down. They failed.

dom

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well, ok then. I guess that orange alert thing is all just US government propaganda then.

But sure, if you're happy and safe and free, that's great. I just had the impression that the war against Iraq was justified as being part of "the war against terrorism". Or maybe we're all finally admitting that it was just the US removing an unfriendly government to replace it with a satellite.

Anyway, still doesn't change the fact that the US have made the problems that they're currently trying to solve. And in the process your country is creating more of these problems for the future.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Anytime a people have liberty and rights, they do make trouble for themselves. We do threaten every tyrannical dictator on Earth with our very existence. So, we create this trouble by being. I'm aware of that. Think what you want about the Iraqi war. I wouldn't call it a sign of fear. See, there is a difference between being scared and being fed up. We're fed up and as far as I'm concerned, an Orange Alert just means I might get a shot at stopping one of those bastards soon. Oh and btw, I think that whole alert thing is stupid. I feel its childish and I think will become more complacent as its used. But, its what we've got so we'll use it until something else comes along. Personally I use Preston Global for info.

www.prestonglobal.com

dom

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ahh no astrocreep, you don't understand. It's the US that *creates* the evil dictators.

Indonesia, Iraq, Chile, in fact most of South America, Panama, etc.

You only attack them when they start forgetting who it was that put them where they are.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sure, blame us. Seems everybody else that doesn't want to take responsibilty does too. Its okay, we have broad shoulders. Why not add Hitler to the list and for that matter Gangus Kahn? Throw all you want on it. Make a huge list and wave it angrily.

dom

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ok, let's take a specific example then. Do you deny that the US were responsible for putting Pinochet in power, and then treated him like royalty for the 30 years of his rule, ignoring his human rights abuses?

How about a modern version. Columbia. Do you deny that the US are funding the government paramilitary forces responsible for nearly 65% of massacres in 2000? Do you deny that US attacks on drug crops occur almost exclusively in FARC controlled areas?

Keep those eyes shut astro, maybe the US will become a model of democracy if you don't see any of it's problems!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join