It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw the left wing, I love the USA!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Who here can tell me where the NRA originated?

OK. I see this leading onto a bs discussion about the KKK which in turn will lead onto an illogical "my country is better than yours" thread.

Fry if you really wanna know who started up the NRA go and look at 5 or 6 sites (including their own) and make your mind up from there.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
the hell does the KKK have to do with anything?
The NRA originated in Britain. Go figure.
And you should be thankful that we kept it going here.

When in its Darkest hour Britain found itself short of arms for home defense, Americans, with many NRA members leading the way, donated their guns to fight for freedom. Maj. John W. Hession of Orange, Conn. (r.) presents his championship rifle to C. Suydam Cutting, chaitman of the American Committee for Defense of British Homes. After WWII, a British government that no longer trusted those it served destroyed many of those firearms.

www.nra.org...://www.nraila.org

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well, actually Hong Kong, for business.

Way, Way, to crowded for this guy from a little town called LaGrange, Ohio!

Wall to wall people 24/7, makes New York look like a backwater hick town.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
"I smell brownies and walmart flags hanging from porches. "

Why would anyone hang brownies from porches? You brits can be strange sometimes....

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The NRA existance is welcomed by millions of gun owners in American - more Americans own guns than there are brits.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
"chaitman of the American Committee for Defense of British Homes"

Wouldnt that make it american?

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Theres 250 million guns in america, with something like 50 million owners...

61 million of us.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You need Britain. YOU NEED BRITAIN!! where would you be without Monty Python and Black Adder!?

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
hard to determine really: www.nraila.org...

And you're figure is for the 'UK' ? Right? Do the Scottish count as a 'brit'? (cause, I said 'brit'
)

and if not, I am right.

[Edited on 23-5-2003 by Bob88]

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Isn't the purpose of the NRA to keep a substantial number of Americans armed, so that they can overthrow their government if they have to?

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Monty Python is about the funniest thing I have ever seen, got it all on DVD!

You silly English KAAA-NNNNIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG-ITS

Perhaps if we built a large wooden badger..........

LOL great stuff! Kudos to you JC, good stuff

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yes Bob, like it or not, we Scots count as British citizens. We're just another corner of the English Empire ( which is probably why I detest anything that seems the slightest bit imperialistic ).

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
That is the primary purpose :0
That';s why I find it funny that people accuse me of not questioning the Govt.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
But what would William Wallace say?

Being of Irish heritage myself, my grandpa(off the boat) barely had anything nice to say about the

"Brown teethed Limey cock-suckers" as he called them

But I have no problems!

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Cider, what if it was? The founding fathers had guns available to them and wanted to be sure future generations had the same rights and ability to do what they did. Seems silly now, but, it's a crazy world out there. Plus, until you squeeze a few rounds from a .44 mag you probably wouldn't understand.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
im downloaded blackadder. its so funny. BOLDRICS AMAZING!

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I've never fired a .44 magnum. The most destructive weapon I've had my hands on was a gas powered Tommy Gun replica firing BBs, and it was great fun. So I can understand the attraction in gun ownership, perhaps better than many because, being a 15 year old boy, I never seem to grow tired of buring things and blowing up aerosol cans
. It's in human nature to like loud noises, and to enjoy killing things.

Personally I have no problems with the NRA at all, if it regulates gun use and ownership to minimize abuse of firearms.

And Fry2, I'm sure you are intelligent enough to challenge and question your government, it just seems from my point of view that a great many Americans are not.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm glad to hear 15 yr. old boys still like to blow things up.
'cause I did alot of that when I was younger and still make an annual trip to purchase fireworks around July 4th.

You have a very mature outlook on the NRA, I must say. It's a great organization and no friend to those who abuse their right to own a gun. And gun ownership can be a fruitful experience, whether for hunting, recreation, or what I simply call 'blasting' - used responsibly, guns are great fun.

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   
First, Kudos to Cider for being so mature at that age.
Second, The NRA is a great organization and I really wish we could shed the image that people have of us as rednecks shooting everything that moves.
I personally don't hunt or enjoy killing of any kind. I do however enjoy all types of target shooting (OK, I "kill" some clay pidgeons
). But every other member of the NRA I have ever met have been very responsible gun owners as well as very decent people.

And back to the off hand KKK remark........
Now those are some people I would not mind shooting

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join