It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an agenda regarding homosexuality?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

bismarket
reply to post by EloquentThinker

**snipped wall of text**

The thing is its about the people who just dont know, so seem to automatically pick "hell no" rather than "what the funk do i care, sure why not" routes. And of course theres the people who actually know what they are talking about, who guess what, come down on the side of perfectly tolerant.

At the end of the day, why get so mad about somthing you never see, between two consenting adults?

Im not really much of a fan of scrabble, but i dont hunt down people that play, by themselves, alone, in a house. Because its none of my damned business thats why. Also theres is literally no shred of evidence to so a gay lifestyle is more or less likely to "lead" to crimes sexual or otherwise.

Its just a hot topic that people who have nothing better to be angry about like to blow out of all proportion.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Might I suggest that you develop your own agenda....

How about "Minding your own business"

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I've heard that homophobia is the fear of other men treating you the way you treat women, and vice versa. Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I think they should have left your post - if it appeared there the way you've written it here. We shouldn't edit out the parts of life we don't like - even when we can

I don't know about the other posts, or the T&Cs of the site you were at - but I think it's important for everyone to understand that there are still people who think the way you think

I thought this was the most interesting part of your OP:

Why do so many of us, in the deep recesses of our soul, see it as wrong though if it's supposed to be normal?

I don't know why :-)

If you hadn't noticed before I'm sure you're beginning to now. Things are changing. We all have our own ideas of what's comfortable, what's right or wrong - what's normal. Those ideas are always changing - you just happen to be here as it happens

Maybe something for you to consider - normal is how we were born, not how we were told we should have been born

edit on 2/16/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: better words

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

EloquentThinker
Why am I starting this thread? For those of you familiar with the gaming website IGN, you may have read an article late yesterday titled "Ellen Page Comes Out as a Gay Woman". Now, I didn't have a problem with that but I did make a comment consisting of the following general points:

- Why is it news?
- Why are we constantly being told what to believe in regards to homosexuality?
- That evolution and reproduction doesn't favour homosexuality in most species anyway, including Humans. (It's science)
- In that case, it can be seen as unnatural and maybe even an abnormality.
- In the general sense, homosexuality can be seen as an evolutionary disadvantage.
- I'll shield my children from such behaviour at a young age, but they're free to believe what they want when they're older.
- That I don't have a problem if they show affection for one another in public, but I have the right to disagree with it considering we all live in a supposedly free society.

My answers, in order:

- Because people like talking and hearing about people. Why does Lindsay Lohan make the news?
- The only thing I see anyone being told to "believe" is that its ok if someone else chooses to use their genitalia in a way different than you.
- reproduction absolutely does favor homosexuality in humans. It's science.. Not to mention the social and familial advantages that an unattached aunt/uncle can have (without children of their own they expend resources on nieces and nephews...again, anthropological science).
- One does not beget the other. You are executing a logical fallacy, based on bad information/logic/understanding. A double whammy
- again, wrong. See prior link, as well as this one.
- absolutely. sex talks have a time and a place.
- No one should be making out in public. It is debasing to you and your family. Intimacy should be private in American culture, based on our historical standards. But you are free to think whatever you wish.

The comment was deleted. And not just mine but as I sat there, dozens of comments were being deleted every few minutes. Anyone that even remotely implied in a comment that they don't agree with homosexual behaviour had the comment deleted. In essence, all the remaining comments summed up one picture - The majority of people think homosexual is fine. In other words, the comments section was edited to slant the opinion to one side of the argument.

The Mod eventually replied to me when I made a new comment blasting him for deleting all those comments. He claimed that I was spewing hate. I didn't realize that stating an opinion that doesn't conform to his world view is regarded as "hate" these days when, last I checked, I stated an opinion coupled with some facts. "Hate", I'd imagine, would consist of me making offensive comments like: "I wish all homosexuals were dead", "homosexuality is bad and they'll all go to hell!" or "they should all be wiped out". I don't believe in any of that because I believe in an individuals right to exist, regardless of religion, race, sexual orientation or anything else. It was at this point that I stated to the Mod that our fathers and grandfathers didn't fight for freedom so that people like him could stifle our right to freedom of expression and freedom of speech. I've noticed this sort of behaviour across all major sites so I'm starting to think that there is some sort of conspiracy.

So do you guys think that there is an agenda to force homosexuality down our throats and see it as normal? Why do so many of us, in the deep recesses of our soul, see it as wrong though if it's supposed to be normal?

Do all homosexuals have a transmitter to stay in touch with the directives of home base?

What happened was you found someone with a viewpoint different from your own, and they abused their authority in that little slice of the internet. Big deal. Move on. The gays aren't coming to get you.

Just using the term "homosexual agenda" makes you lose 10 IQ points. Once again...its science.

edit on 2/16/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I just read this on my Facebook:

"Same sex marriage isn't gay privilege, its equality. Privilege would be gay people not having to pay taxes, like churches don't."

I felt this was a relevant message. And you guys say Facebook is a waste of time...

edit on 16-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

"Same sex marriage isn't gay privilege, its equality. Privilege would be gay people not having to pay taxes, like churches don't."

I felt this was a relevant message. And you guys say Facebook is a waste of time...

well you know what they say about a million monkeys for a million years with a million type writers....

Lets not confuse basic probability with actual intelligence

edit on 16-2-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

EloquentThinker
Why am I starting this thread? For those of you familiar with the gaming website IGN, you may have read an article late yesterday titled "Ellen Page Comes Out as a Gay Woman". Now, I didn't have a problem with that but I did make a comment consisting of the following general points:

You asked a ton of questions but I think your main beef was getting censored. As far as that goes, IGN is not the government; they are privately owned. If your comments weren't inflammatory (and they didn't sound hostile from what you wrote) then maybe they are simply trying to avoid any sort of "heavy" conversation and just trying to keep it light. They probably have to do the same thing when anything political is discussed.

Being a gaming site, you would think they would keep all comments (or at least have an option to "show" the deleted ones) for the industry to use as a demographics tool. But whatever, they can leave money on the table if they want.

EloquentThinker
- Why is it news?

She's a celebrity. When celebrities do anything major, it's considered news for some reason. Coming out of the closet is a pretty big deal to a person. Living honestly and authentically is a very hard thing to do so, when a person does it, it's somewhat remarkable.

EloquentThinker
- Why are we constantly being told what to believe in regards to homosexuality?

You aren't. You are being shown, little-by-little, that people do not like to read anything that shows hypocritical intolerance. And, yes, your reasons are inconsistent.

EloquentThinker
- That evolution and reproduction doesn't favour homosexuality in most species anyway, including Humans. (It's science)

Of course it doesn't favor it. It expresses itself just enough to be useful. Just like everything else.

EloquentThinker
- In that case, it can be seen as unnatural and maybe even an abnormality.

Why? Because it doesn't contribute to making more people to feed? Besides, you do understand that gay people can have children, right? All their stuff works.

EloquentThinker
- In the general sense, homosexuality can be seen as an evolutionary disadvantage.

Why? Has it created a population problem?

EloquentThinker
- I'll shield my children from such behaviour at a young age, but they're free to believe what they want when they're older.

That's your right as a parent. Just as long as you realize that a gay person is gay whether or not they know what it is.

EloquentThinker
- That I don't have a problem if they show affection for one another in public, but I have the right to disagree with it considering we all live in a supposedly free society.

You also have the right to be against interracial marriage, the right to be sexist, and the right to be racist. The government does not stop you. Society can say what they want about your prejudices because that's also our right.

EloquentThinker
The comment was deleted. And not just mine but as I sat there, dozens of comments were being deleted every few minutes. Anyone that even remotely implied in a comment that they don't agree with homosexual behaviour had the comment deleted. In essence, all the remaining comments summed up one picture - The majority of people think homosexual is fine. In other words, the comments section was edited to slant the opinion to one side of the argument.

No. People agree with the right to live however they want. Your comments show your disapproval of a person's sexuality. It's a can of worms that a site like IGN probably doesn't want opened in their comments section. The person who has the stance of intolerance is going to be marginalized, as they should be.

Again, nobody arrested you or gave you a fine; they just did what you did and expressed themselves on their private website.

EloquentThinker
The Mod eventually replied to me when I made a new comment blasting him for deleting all those comments. He claimed that I was spewing hate. I didn't realize that stating an opinion that doesn't conform to his world view is regarded as "hate" these days when, last I checked, I stated an opinion coupled with some facts. "Hate", I'd imagine, would consist of me making offensive comments like: "I wish all homosexuals were dead", "homosexuality is bad and they'll all go to hell!" or "they should all be wiped out". I don't believe in any of that because I believe in an individuals right to exist, regardless of religion, race, sexual orientation or anything else. It was at this point that I stated to the Mod that our fathers and grandfathers didn't fight for freedom so that people like him could stifle our right to freedom of expression and freedom of speech. I've noticed this sort of behaviour across all major sites so I'm starting to think that there is some sort of conspiracy.

I disagree with what he said to you as you weren't "spewing hate". I also find irony in your statement about fighting for freedom. That freedom includes living however you please and your comments state a position that those people shouldn't. You would vote against giving a demographic the same rights as you have... the rights that were fought for.

EloquentThinker
So do you guys think that there is an agenda to force homosexuality down our throats and see it as normal? Why do so many of us, in the deep recesses of our soul, see it as wrong though if it's supposed to be normal?

I don't know anybody who feels that way in the "deep recesses" of their souls. Bigoted people are either raised into prejudice, made that way from their church, or they try to use science to come up with irony-filled statements about evolution to justify it.

The last group (the one I would put you in), I think, are mostly people who are from one of the first two categories but try to use logic to play along because they've been shot down so many times with their previous arguments. They like to ignore the fact that it occurs throughout nature and that it's been around since at least recorded history.

We aren't going to run out of people because of gay folks. I promise you that.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Biigs

AfterInfinity

well you know what they say about a million monkeys for a million years with a million type writers....

No one ever accused me of being a stellar example of productive upstanding citizenry.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

one could ask what the " Christian adjenda " is too source

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
IGN has deleted a lot of my comments and my comments weren't even bad. There's obviously mods there who feel the need to silence discussion, but what can ya do? I don't hate gays, I just don't get why they have to stomp around screaming it, and demanding that no one find it wrong. I've said many times that I believe it is either a mental illness, or a brain deformity-where the part of the brain that decides if you are male or female, is deformed and it creates hormones that a male or female generally wouldn't have. Just live your life and stop shoving it in non gay people's faces.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Fylgje
IGN has deleted a lot of my comments and my comments weren't even bad. There's obviously mods there who feel the need to silence discussion, but what can ya do? I don't hate gays, I just don't get why they have to stomp around screaming it, and demanding that no one find it wrong. I've said many times that I believe it is either a mental illness, or a brain deformity-where the part of the brain that decides if you are male or female, is deformed and it creates hormones that a male or female generally wouldn't have. Just live your life and stop shoving it in non gay people's faces.

And what would make you think that? Truthyness? Does it come from your gut?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

acacko
when you disagree with homosexual marriage, you're labeled a homophobe, when in fact
it's they who are 'heterophobic' ..

This beneath would be an heterophobic society where hetro are shunned as plagued, different and dirty and many wished they where in hell for their deviant sexuality.

This is a switch to the complete opposite of the state of the world. Equal right mean equal for all whatever symbiotic sexual preference (be it hetero/bi/homo).

When the homosexual create a religion where heterosexual go to hell for sinning when they have sex and procreate then it will be heterophobic.
edit on 16-2-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Biigs

AfterInfinity

No one ever accused me of being a stellar example of productive upstanding citizenry.

I now accuse you of being a stellar example of productive upstanding citizenry.
. Now you cannot use that excuse again.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

You're telling gays you think they are mentally ill and/or deformed, and you don't think your comments are bad. Really????

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
IGN is a site that has majority appeal to young children. Showing mass discussions being heavily skewed to one side of ANY argument is wrong! To suggest such a practice is not potentially persuasive is foolish.

I don't think any otherwise law abiding citizen should be recipients of hate. That said I do think there is an agenda in the gay movement and it doesn't seem to stem from actually gay people. It starts as a crusade for tolerance, then equality, which is all very alright mind you. But when it becomes something that must be beaten into people's head with no dissent allowed, it's an agenda.

Did you guys see the story where the parents make their little son wear dresses and play with dolls? No agenda there?
What about the homophobic letter that recently went viral? No one wants to mention that it was hoaxed by the radio station.

We must realize that these agendas do take a toll which is what they are meant to. Gays should be married but straight couples should be career minded and promiscuous. And in the end we see the nuclear family has gone down the tubes. This is how this game works, it takes time and many generations until they get the end result they want, the END of all Western values.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I've said many times that I believe it is either a mental illness, or a brain deformity-where the part of the brain that decides if you are male or female, is deformed and it creates hormones that a male or female generally wouldn't have.

Did the motto of this site change when I wasn't looking or something???

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well why do bigots have to go around flaunting their bigotry all over the place? Holding rallies, protesting laws in other words demanding we all accept their bigotry. Stop shoving it down our throats, keep it behind closed doors where it belongs, I'm not comfortable having to explain to my child why bigots exist. He can be a bigot if he wants to when he grows up but until then all bigots should be hidden from his sight.

If no one gets the tone of this post, I don't care.

edit on 2/16/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Dragging an opinion I had from another thread into this one? I go with my gut quite a bit, but I also relish in fact as well. Don't know why that's so hard for you. Oh!!!! I remember now!! You have me in your cross hairs because I think Amanda Knox is a stinky murderer!! lol You still sore at me over that? You must really be in luv with her or something.

As far as my opinion on this, it's just where I stand. Like I said, I don't hate homosexuals, but I don't agree with them either.
edit on 16-2-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Fylgje
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Dragging an opinion I had from another thread into this one? I go with my gut quite a bit, but I also relish in fact as well. Don't know why that's so hard for you. Oh!!!! I remember now!! You have me in your cross hairs because I think Amanda Knox is a stinky murderer!! lol You still sore at me over that? You must really be in luv with her or something.

As far as my opinion on this, it's just where I stand. Like I said, I don't hate homosexuals, but I don't agree with them either.
edit on 16-2-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

actually, i have no idea who you are. You haven't posted very much, have no avatar or anything to identify you other than an unintelligible name that I don't even try to read/remember, and are wholly not on any radar of mine. I guess i might remember you in a couple of weeks, but suspect that this conversation, too, will remain insignificant in the grand scheme of my life and I will forget it, too.

In any event, you have said nothing of substance. You only brought up something completely unrelated on a false presumption. No wonder you don't make enough impact for me to really remember you.

Luckily, you don't need to agree with them. They are having sex well out of your sight, i would suspect. So I am unsure what you have to disagree with.
edit on 2/16/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join