posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 05:55 AM
Why am I starting this thread? For those of you familiar with the gaming website IGN, you may have read an article late yesterday titled "Ellen Page
Comes Out as a Gay Woman". Now, I didn't have a problem with that but I did make a comment consisting of the following general points:
- Why is it news?
- Why are we constantly being told what to believe in regards to homosexuality?
- That evolution and reproduction doesn't favour homosexuality in most species anyway, including Humans. (It's science)
- In that case, it can be seen as unnatural and maybe even an abnormality.
- In the general sense, homosexuality can be seen as an evolutionary disadvantage.
- I'll shield my children from such behaviour at a young age, but they're free to believe what they want when they're older.
- That I don't have a problem if they show affection for one another in public, but I have the right to disagree with it considering we all live in a
supposedly free society.
The comment was deleted. And not just mine but as I sat there, dozens of comments were being deleted every few minutes. Anyone that even remotely
implied in a comment that they don't agree with homosexual behaviour had the comment deleted. In essence, all the remaining comments summed up one
picture - The majority of people think homosexual is fine. In other words, the comments section was edited to slant the opinion to one side of the
The Mod eventually replied to me when I made a new comment blasting him for deleting all those comments. He claimed that I was spewing hate. I didn't
realize that stating an opinion that doesn't conform to his world view is regarded as "hate" these days when, last I checked, I stated an opinion
coupled with some facts. "Hate", I'd imagine, would consist of me making offensive comments like: "I wish all homosexuals were dead",
"homosexuality is bad and they'll all go to hell!" or "they should all be wiped out". I don't believe in any of that because I believe in an
individuals right to exist, regardless of religion, race, sexual orientation or anything else. It was at this point that I stated to the Mod that our
fathers and grandfathers didn't fight for freedom so that people like him could stifle our right to freedom of expression and freedom of speech.
I've noticed this sort of behaviour across all major sites so I'm starting to think that there is some sort of conspiracy.
So do you guys think that there is an agenda to force homosexuality down our throats and see it as normal? Why do so many of us, in the deep recesses
of our soul, see it as wrong though if it's supposed to be normal?