It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SLAUGHTER; Every 98 minutes a dog is killed by law enforcement.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

SWCCFAN
Cops shoot dogs because they are un-educated cowards and Yes I will tell that to their face.

They maybe cowards, maybe not.

But .... they are thugs; gang members in every respect. The social model fits and their behavior is fairly predictable by that model. Think twice about being publicly vocal concerning their fubar criminal conduct. Once you get on their database, you will find them repeatedly try to bait you in way that gives them the green light to hammer you. This trash lives for drama.

Don't ask me how I know. :-)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I suppose law enforcement can drop that number to 0 easily enough. The next time a citizen calls to report a dog attack or a dangerous one on the loose, they can just be told to be careful when dealing with it, but cops don't do that work so they're on their own. Not every city has animal control, as such. In fact, a good many don't have field units to go pick animals up. We have a humane society here but that's a drop off, not a patrolling or recovery group.

Heck.. I guess we can also just issue them steel toe boots and the kick won't kill the dog, but it'll never be the same again, either. Don't even ask...but I will say people have every right to defend themselves if threatened by an animal and a dog, if it gets the upper hand by even a little, will end that fight faster than even a cop will have anything to do or say on the matter. The only way to win is to kill it or not be there, in that location, in the first place.

Sure they could pepper the dog I suppose. Has anyone seen what Pepper does to human beings when soaked and NOT washed out for a lengthy time? Anyone want to go grab the VERY VERY pissed off and writhing dog to wash it's eyes out and keep it from going blind or sustaining other serious injury? Pepper is a foolish idea, especially when best case scenario still leaves a major problem loose and free, albeit not an immediate threat for a few minutes.

If one misses...or gets a glancing hit with pepper for the dog to have a second to realize what YOU just tried to do? Well... shooting is about the only realistic option if it's a Dog vs. Person confrontation and the dog IS attacking.

......for cops that shoot dogs that are not legitimately attacking or a direct threat even an average person could agree with? I direct their attention to the penalties available to criminals who shoot police dogs and say turn about, in that case, is 100% fair play. That, when it's not justified.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

anton74

poloblack

anton74
reply to post by FortAnthem

Great Cop bashing thread. This number gives us just under 5,400 dogs per year. That sounds like alot until you figure that about 2,700,000 animals are put down each year in animal shelters(about 950,000 of which are pitbulls). That is about 534 every 98 minutes. Also, over 1,000,000 dogs each year a killed by cars.
It's not a cop bashing thread and it's not a cop's job to act as mobile animal shelters and ''euthanize'' people's pets. And in case you didn't get the memo, cops look at all civvies as potential criminals, even you, so spare me your love for cops. And I say this with all due respect.

Nope, hate cops and I also hate it when people take something and blow it out of proportion. By all means continue with the cop bashing. There are plenty of other problems with Law Enforcement. I'm just pointing out that in the grand schem of things, your numbers are meaningless.

Thank you for replying too my post and informing everyone reading it that, you are more concerned with the police behavior than you are with the dogs themselves.
Oh, I'm VERY concerned with the dogs themselves, as well as the thuggish behavior of cops.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm all for cops defending themselves against the trained attack dogs that drug dealers keep on their property. I can understand the necessity of having to put down the Pitts trained all their lives to attack anything that moves. The problem is; police have the mentality that everyone they meet is a potential criminal and they treat everyone accordingly. They have a hard time differentiating a drug dealers house from a family home. They don't bother to notice the difference between a trained attack dog and a family pet, even if the pet is only a chihuahua, they shoot first and ask questions later.

I think this is an issue of police training. They need to realize that not everyone they meet is going to be a hardened criminal who wouldn't think twice about killing them. They need to realize that family pet dogs are beloved family members who are just doing their job by alerting their owners of a stranger on the property. Somehow, we need to break through the "us vs them" mentality and get officers to deal with the public as if they were people again, instead of potential perps who must be handled with suspicion.

Sure, cops need to have a certain amount of awareness to keep themselves safe but, the paranoia they exhibit today isn't healthy for them and can be deadly for the public they are supposed to be defending. Its certainly deadly for any dogs they may encounter. Cops need to get back to community oriented policing where they see the public as allies in the fight against crime instead of adversaries. If they don't then the people will start to see the police as enemies as well instead of protectors and it won't be long before open warfare breaks out.

For everybody's sake, cops need to get off their high horses and learn to be members of the community again.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Well, I'm for cops defending themselves against any dog that is legitimately attacking. Trained or not and motive for the attack aside. There is no cause to just let it happen, to be sure. I've mentioned before that I grew up around law enforcement and my father was a cop for my formative and part of my teen years. I found the police reports and internal shooting review board reports for two dogs my father shot in his career. One was attacking and the other was rabid. They were both gruesome shoots he never told me the half of for detail when he was alive. He didn't have a choice in either one.

So, specific incidents on a case by case are one thing and abuses absolutely happen. Cops should be held to account for that when it happens. It's important to note though, all the cops I knew as family friends had dogs and the cops I know in this area, generally, have dogs. Cops aren't dog killers like it's a sport, in my experience anyway, since so many of them favor dogs as their own pet choice.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Normally, I'd go right with the anti-establishment attitude, but not here. I'd say that every FIVE minutes, a dog is acquired that won't be trained. Either that, or the owner is completely incompetent (like in that video that made the rounds). People buy dogs for the same reasons they buy new shoes now, because they can, not because they are buying something they have to care for. Shouldn't be a shocker, seeing as it's an ancient bond, and we're more disconnected with that part of our being than ever before...

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

No surprise here .. if the pigs don't care about killing human beings, why would they care about dogs ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join